VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sugar County [v0.25] [Lewdwig]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Darkblue006

May 17, 2017
Love the game, only issue is the phone has a vanishing issue luckily it reappears if I click an object in the room.

Thx for such an awesome game

Reactions: TheLewdwig

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
So far the game is pretty comfortable and fun to play, mom is sure sporting hell of a rack and it's a little bit absurd, but not that much to be a problem.

Always nice to see pleasant for an eye faces instead of your typical animu girls with clearly oversized eyes, although Sam's face feels a bit out of place, compared to the others and she has barely visible abs, which is a goddamn shame. While I expected her to be a strong girl, I was hoping to see something more than that, but oh well...

The whole phone system is a nice idea, but the travel menu should be more accessible, rather than phone>click travel button>click destination button.
I have no fucking idea, how hard is it to make doors clickable, but it just would be much nicer to have it that way.

Yeah, it's another incest game, which will probably include some grind and whatever, but it's still fun to play.
Most certainly hyped.

Edit.
I take my words back about abs... Them sneaky abs appeared on the beach. Hooray!

viviapex

Jul 25, 2017
Any news ?
Dev is currently reworking a lot of stuff in the game like going back and making certain scenes look a lot better and even changing some of the story so that everything flows better. He said he might even change the outfits of some characters as well as some adjustments to their appearance to make them more appealing. Basically, fine-tuning the game so it's of better quality. Here's a preview of the scene in Sam's room that he posted:

KappaClaus

Jul 23, 2017
Dev is currently reworking a lot of stuff in the game like going back and making certain scenes look a lot better and even changing some of the story so that everything flows better. He said he might even change the outfits of some characters as well as some adjustments to their appearance to make them more appealing. Basically, fine-tuning the game so it's of better quality. Here's a preview of the scene in Sam's room that he posted:

So the dev chooses to throw away the work that he/she has done. What a waste of time :FeelsBadMan:

There is almost nothing in the game and this is the least important thing right now. If the dev wants make this game better he/she should add more content instead of redoing the stuff that the game already has.

P.S: Sorry for being rude i really love this game but the time that we have to wait is killing me and unfortunately this post made that worse

Soccergod2666

Sep 21, 2017
So the dev chooses to throw away the work that he/she has done. What a waste of time :FeelsBadMan:

There is almost nothing in the game and this is the least important thing right now. If the dev wants make this game better he/she should add more content instead of redoing the stuff that the game already has.

P.S: Sorry for being rude i really love this game but the time that we have to wait is killing me and unfortunately this post made that worse
Yeah I agree with you plus I was okay with the old model anyway but I guess it is the developers vision and how he wants it.

viviapex

Jul 25, 2017

I agree with you on the fact that the dev should probably focus on just adding in more/new content but to be fair, I don't think he's scrapping all of his previous work on the game either. Maybe I should've worded my post differently instead of saying that he's reworking "a lot of stuff" lol. I can see how that might sound like he's changing everything, which hopefully he's not because then that would mean more waiting on our part.

TheLewdwig

Game Developer
Apr 28, 2018
Hey guys! So while I've made some posts about it on Patreon, I've been pretty inactive on this forum when it comes to updating you guys on what's going on with the game so hopefully I can clear things up.

As another user posted above, yes, I am reworking some stuff from the previous versions of the game. No, it's not a full on rework/remake of the game. Most of the content that is already in the game will still be there, there's just certain things that I want to change and I think it's best I change them now and not later down the road. The story as it is will remain the same with the exception of where the characters live (house instead of hotel) as well as some changes in dialogue to accommodate for this change. With the addition of a house, the rooms of each character will also have a different look to them now.

The characters, mother and sisters/stepsisters will remain the same with only a few minor changes to make the game look more pretty. The most drastic change you'll see for the characters at most, will be a different hairstyle or outfit but other than that they'll still be the same girls that you love.

Another thing that I'll be changing is how the player travels between each room in the house through use of their phone. You'll still be able to visit each character's rooms but the new travel system that I'll be making will work more smoothly than the current one.

That's about it for the rework itself so hopefully this clears up any confusion there may have been. I know some people on Patreon were worried that the rework was going to change too much of the game seeing as they like the way the characters are as of now. While this "rework" may seem unnecessary to some, which I can understand why, I have certain ideas planned out for this game down the road and these changes are kind of needed in order for what I have in mind to work. I'll be on here for the rest of the night so if anybody has any questions or maybe I forgot to mention something, feel free to ask!

Mortimilian

Jun 8, 2018
@TheLewdwig I remember really enjoying this game, but I was a bit disappointed by the UI/navigation system, particularly because it reminded me of some of the less linear, more grind-y games out there. I'm curious to know if you're planning to make the game be more linear or more sandbox-ish, and if there are plans to add things like money in the game.

Personally, I vastly prefer games with a linear storyline. I don't mind if I have to navigate around a UI or house or whatever to get through the story, but I can't stand having to work on different characters individually from day to day in a sandbox format.

Reactions: TheLewdwig

TheLewdwig

Game Developer
Apr 28, 2018
@TheLewdwig I remember really enjoying this game, but I was a bit disappointed by the UI/navigation system, particularly because it reminded me of some of the less linear, more grind-y games out there. I'm curious to know if you're planning to make the game be more linear or more sandbox-ish, and if there are plans to add things like money in the game.

Personally, I vastly prefer games with a linear storyline. I don't mind if I have to navigate around a UI or house or whatever to get through the story, but I can't stand having to work on different characters individually from day to day in a sandbox format.
TL;DR: Game will have a linear story while still having player choices that will make certain scenes play out differently. Navigation system will stay but it's being reworked. No money system or sandbox grind.

This has been something that I've been fighting with myself for quite some time now. At first, I wanted to make the game more of a sandbox style where you would explore a city with different locations and get "relationship points" with each of the girls by performing certain quests or tasks for them but after some thinking I ended up dropping that idea. Let's be honest with ourselves, 99% of us play these games to fap and while some games manage to make the grinding portions manageable, I wanted to avoid grinding in my game so I just scrapped the idea entirely. My plan right now is to go the more linear approach with a storyline that you'll play through. There will still be a navigation system to explore each of the rooms (currently reworking the navigation so it's better) and certain scenes may play out differently if you were to do specific actions before certain events, you'll still have some alternate choices but the overall story will be linear.

For your question about adding money into the game, it's an idea that I also wanted to implement at first. I could make it a way for the player to "work" for money that they could then use to buy the girls gifts and what not, but then that would turn the game back into a sandbox/dating sim style game which I no longer want to make. So I guess my answer to that would be no.

Hope that answers your question! I have a bad habit of giving really long answers to questions so if none of what I wrote makes sense, call me out on it.

Mortimilian

Jun 8, 2018
At first, I wanted to make the game more of a sandbox style where you would explore a city with different locations and get "relationship points" with each of the girls by performing certain quests or tasks for them but after some thinking I ended up dropping that idea.

For your question about adding money into the game, it's an idea that I also wanted to implement at first. I could make it a way for the player to "work" for money that they could then use to buy the girls gifts and what not, but then that would turn the game back into a sandbox/dating sim style game which I no longer want to make. So I guess my answer to that would be no.
Thanks, that does totally answer my question. I'm really glad that you're going with a more linear story. I really loathe the sandbox style because it just inevitably makes the story weaker. A game with a good story can make the game a lot more fapworthy, but making a game more grindy has never made it more enjoyable. Even a simple money mechanic hurts the story (maybe I'm too sentimental but it turns me off when the objective of the game is to win the girl(s) over by showering them with gifts).

That's not to say money should never play a part in any game, but when it does, it should serve the narrative. But when it's built into the game as a mechanic, that usually ends up hurting the game IMO.

bewilson

Jun 15, 2018
View attachment 92955
Overview:
Sugar County is an Adult Interactive Visual Novel Game offering a Unique Experience full of countless sexual fantasies and gorgeous girls.

The game contains several main and side characters(family members tbh) in which the player will build relationships with.​

Updated: 26/7/2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: None
Version: 0.2
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-log:

Download(s):
PC: - - -

(v0.1)MAC: - - - -

hi when is .3 going to come out

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes