Tool Sugoi - a translate tool with offline AI-powered model to translate from Japanese; DeePL competitor

Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
I'm new to automatic translation and unfortunately I don't know my way around at all ;/ I want to play this game "Pegasus Knight X II", it's in Japanese, what do I need to translate it?

Thank you very much!

revyfan

Jan 26, 2018
I'm new to automatic translation and unfortunately I don't know my way around at all ;/ I want to play this game "Pegasus Knight X II", it's in Japanese, what do I need to translate it?

Thank you very much!
Try Translator ++, using Sugoi. Translator ++ is made to translate RPG maker games in a more efficient way.

Reactions: Ruffy2010

Gecy

Apr 30, 2020
I don't know which RPG MAKER this is. It is neither RPG Maker VX Ace nor RPG Maker MZ nor RPG Maker MV.
All the text stored in \spt\ in simple txt files, only with different extension (spt). Just copy those files somewhere, change spt to txt and open with Notepad++ or something that can figure encoding automatically. What you need is the text in them that goes after msgt (not all files have them). Maybe there's some other spots you'll have to translate, but you can figure it yourself. You also can translate txt files with Sugoi (notice, that it can deal only with simple txt saved in urf-8), then make sure that non-msgt Japanese text stayed the same, and then change txt to spt.
Translator ++ probably can extract relevant text automatically, but if it can't, then you can just edit everything manually. Though it would be a pain in the ass without some sort of automation.

Reactions: Ruffy2010

Ruffy2010

Jul 9, 2017
I have converted an SPT file to TXT to see if I can open it with Translator++, but nothing is displayed. I wanted to do an automatic translation to German and play it through to understand the context better and then correct it manually later. Anyway, I'll leave it, thanks for your help though.