Tool Sugoi - a translate tool with offline AI-powered model to translate from Japanese; DeePL competitor

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
Everytime i try to put it into the translator ++ it fails to work.

Actually can someone just help me? Im trying to transalte this one game i have that i have had for years now but nobody has ever transalted. My other posts asking for help translating in the proepr places have not worked.

Would anyone be willing to use their Sugo or DeepL to transalte this game for me?

I can upload the game here.

Last edited:

TempKoz

Feb 6, 2022
Does anyone have the older versions of the software? V2.0/V3.0/V4.0 for example. I'd really appreciate if someone uploads them since all the old links are dead and I need to test something out.

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
On the topic of performance issues with CTranslate2 with the mod patch (with the CUDA-6.0 mod which is somewhat easier to install and also does CTranslate).

Edit flaskServerCt2 files in "Code\backendServer\Program-Backend\Sugoi-Japanese-Translator\offlineTranslation\ct2"

You need to set:
intra_threads=0

To enable auto-detection of multiple CPUs. It was a bug the creator accidentally left in.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I'm not sure if this was mentioned here, yet, but I just randomly stumbled on it and this might be important for someone.
In case someone is using the Translator++ addon transRedSugoi, there's a slight mistake in the code which makes translations worse.
The dev wanted to escape symbols and punctuation at the start and end of texts, but made a typo and instead of escaping Dash "—" he accidentally escaped the Japanese character "ー".

Long story short if you want to use transRedSugoi you need to edit the TranslationEngineWrapper.js and replace, or delete all occurrences of "ー".

Otherwise "Dragon Dagger" will become "Dragondagaー", "Mythril Buckler" will become "Mithrilbackraー", etc.

12asdasdasd34

Jun 25, 2020
I'm not sure if this was mentioned here, yet, but I just randomly stumbled on it and this might be important for someone.
In case someone is using the Translator++ addon transRedSugoi, there's a slight mistake in the code which makes translations worse.
The dev wanted to escape symbols and punctuation at the start and end of texts, but made a typo and instead of escaping Dash "—" he accidentally escaped the Japanese character "ー".

Long story short if you want to use transRedSugoi you need to edit the TranslationEngineWrapper.js and replace, or delete all occurrences of "ー".

Otherwise "Dragon Dagger" will become "Dragondagaー", "Mythril Buckler" will become "Mithrilbackraー", etc.
I did notice that it sometimes would translate terms oddly... Thanks for mentioning how to fix it.

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
When I hit the convert model button to try to convert the 4.0 ctranslate2 to 6.0 as specified with the download a page back I get an error:
Code:
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'fairseq.criterions.label_smoothed_cross_entropy_latency_augmented'
Is there some sort of dependency I forgot? I'm on a brand new computer so I figure that's probably it.

Gecy

Apr 30, 2020
If you want to remove the "<unk>" output that Sugoi sometimes creates, you can modify the line
"finalResult = finalResult.replace"
Where do I change it?
I tried to translate a text file, but as it was saved in unicode, it was completely filled with <unk> gibberish. When I saved it in utf-8, then it started translating as normal except for those lines that contained Japanese brackets like 『 』 or 「」 where it spewed half-transated derp lines with <unk> in place of brackets.

-FibaG-

Nov 9, 2018
I'm looking forward to see if sugoi offline model v5 was release?
As far I see that v7 public have still version 4....it would be nice to see manga translator premium "offline" or "cracked" without need that "Token"...can someone bypass that one?

hilih--

May 22, 2019
I'm looking forward to see if sugoi offline model v5 was release?
As far I see that v7 public have still version 4....it would be nice to see manga translator premium "offline" or "cracked" without need that "Token"...can someone bypass that one?
This manga translator works better:
With these options and a good font: "--manga2eng --ignore-errors --font-path=..."

Comparison (sugoi translator used in both cases)

Original:
033-jpn.jpg 041-jpn.jpg
Sugoi:
33-sugoi.jpg 041-sugoi.jpg
Manga-image-translator ("CC Wild Words" font):
033-mit.jpg 041-mit.jpg

Last edited:

JeanKatana

Jan 1, 2021
Hi, I was looking on the Internet for a way to translate Japanese text and came across Sugoi Toolkit. So, I don't know if I'm completely stupid or not, but I absolutely don't understand how to download this software.

hilih--

May 22, 2019
Hi, I was looking on the Internet for a way to translate Japanese text and came across Sugoi Toolkit. So, I don't know if I'm completely stupid or not, but I absolutely don't understand how to download this software.
Where's the public link? I couldn't find any of his link.
Public links are available only for a couple of days around the 15th-16th of every month.

About text:
To get the download link immediately, you can subscribe to my Patreon.
Otherwise, you can wait until the middle (15-16) of every month for public links.

Gecy

Apr 30, 2020
Sugoi_Toolkit_v7.0

Found it somewhere and decided to upload now. Nothing new for the translation model, so it basically the same as v6 as far as offline translation goes.
Also here's modified menu window for those who don't want to see the site every time (file with the original window included).

-FibaG-

Nov 9, 2018
This manga translator works better:
With these options and a good font: "--manga2eng --ignore-errors --font-path=..."

Comparison (sugoi translator used in both cases)

Original:
View attachment 3181935 View attachment 3181938
Sugoi:
View attachment 3181937 View attachment 3181940
Manga-image-translator ("CC Wild Words" font):
View attachment 3181936 View attachment 3181939
it sems that I can't get it to work...I try everything in that guide but it's hard to follow the steps...
Can you make a guide more easy to follow the step by step?

hilih--

May 22, 2019
it sems that I can't get it to work...I try everything in that guide but it's hard to follow the steps...
Can you make a guide more easy to follow the step by step?
Requirements:
  • install Python 3.10 (3.11 may also work but without guarantees)
  • install pytorch from the console (to use an RTX series video card)
    pip3 install torch torchvision torchaudio --index-url (allegedly better for RTX40xx)
    OR
    pip3 install torch torchvision torchaudio --index-url (allegedly better for older RTX series)
  • install Microsoft C++ Build Tools: , (I have already installed them, so I am not sure about any problems)

Installation (short version without using venv)
  • install via GitHub Desktop: green button "Code" / "Open with GitHub Desktop"
    or with the command "git clone " (I installed it to the f:\soft\manga-image-translator so this path should be replaced with your)
  • open the console (Win+R / cmd.exe)
  • open the folder where you installed manga-image-translator (documentation missing this step)
    f:
    cd f:\soft\manga-image-translator
  • run
    pip install -r requirements.txt
    pip install git+

if the last doesn't work, then the alternative is:
    pip install
Using
Run in the console from the folder where manga-image-translator is installed:
python -m manga_translator -v --mode batch --use-gpu --translator=sugoi --manga2eng --ignore-errors -f=jpg --font-path=F:/fonts/CCWildWordsRoman.ttf -l ENG -i F:/manga/title
Warning: the first run takes a lot of time because the installation does not include AI models and they downloaded on the first run.

Replace F:/fonts/CCWildWordsRoman.ttf with your font path and F:/manga/title with the path to the manga or images.

Results will be in the F:/manga/title-translated folder.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: -FibaG-

Supreme_Evil

⸸ БѢСЪ ⸸
Uploader
Oct 16, 2020
Sugoi_Toolkit_v7.0

Found it somewhere and decided to upload now. Nothing new for the translation model, so it basically the same as v6 as far as offline translation goes.
Also here's modified menu window for those who don't want to see the site every time (file with the original window included).
Can you reupload this pls to another host? Because there's an issue with pixeldrain now by reducing daily limit from 5GB to 2GB.