VN Unity Sumata Café [v3.3 Public] [mosbles]

4.30 star(s) 17 Votes

mosbles

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
I feel dumb not having heard of this before, but what is this? It sounds very exciting.
I haven't been making a lot of noise about it so I don't blame you!
Challenge Mode is a sort of survival mode for Sumata Café where the girls are competing to make you nut, unlike the normal scenes there's no climax at the end unless you press the dedicated "SPLURT!" button at the bottom right of the screen, doing so will inmediately trigger a climax finish and end the run.

Unity_0oLk6JpeVt.png Unity_TAnMU8co2J.png
The mode is set to randomly give you 3 girls to choose from every round, also the text is automatic so no cheating to skip scenes! I believe the mode will only be fun to play if you try to match the ryhthm of the scene and not let up even if you lose.
I am repurposing the old scenes, splitting them into smaller chunks as well as adding new ones with most likely new CGs.

Doko56

Oct 18, 2018
Looking at this more closely, looks like there are multiple types of scenes in a challenge mode run:
-Warm-up scenes (Bit o' teasing to get you hard, only once per run at the very start, new dialogue, can't choose who you start with)
-"Mercy" scenes (the waifu goes slow/easy on you, new dialogue)
-Recycled scenes (the repurposed scenes mentioned above)
-And "true" new scenes (still use old CG with a couple of exceptions, typically more on the "okay playtime is over milking you now." side of things.)

Considering i haven't seen shadow rise or the blue-hued room (Y e t.) typically associated with extreme content in Sumata Café, so i doubt we're gonna get giga-edges unless you don't feel on clicking on "splurt" ever.

I love this update, even if it's just a side thing. Really, really really really looking foward to Chiaki, Hestia, and Ryza entering the fray. And a bit terrified that Yukine might too, have mercy on mine twins mosbles.

Reactions: fegget117

mosbles

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
Considering i haven't seen shadow rise or the blue-hued room (Y e t.) typically associated with extreme content in Sumata Café, so i doubt we're gonna get giga-edges unless you don't feel on clicking on "splurt" ever.

I love this update, even if it's just a side thing. Really, really really really looking foward to Chiaki, Hestia, and Ryza entering the fray. And a bit terrified that Yukine might too, have mercy on mine twins mosbles.
My plan is to first add the content that already is in the game to the randomizer, so abridging all the scenes goes first. That way there'll be a huge amount of scenes already and it'll keep old content fresh and relevant. But while I'm at it I want to add brand new content
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, I'm planning on adding new girls as well, since adding them to Royale is way less work than having them for a full scene.

I have ideas for "boss" rounds like Shadow Rise, these cards will be slightly more spooky, also Special cards with threesomes and other crazy stuff. Again, ideas, but I'd like to give em a shot!
ideas.jpg

mosbles

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
Uploaded new version to the first page!

Please put Shinobu Kochou from demon slayer i'd like to be ara ara'd to death
While I do like Shinobu I have no plans for adding any Demon Slayer characters for now.

wish there were speed options for auto mode dialogue in the challenge mode, it's hella slow tbh
There are three reasons for the current speed:
1. I'm kind of a slow reader, so I took into account there could be people even slower than me, I fixed most of the dialog to a three-to-four second wait to read.
2. Fungus (the API I'm using to handle dialog) is pretty barebones in terms of changing settings on the go, if you want options like AUTO or changing the speed during gameplay you kinda have to code them yourself and I'm not very bright on that.
3. The most important reason, it's a challenge! Having the girls tease you for longer increases the difficulty which I think it's thematically appropiate.

Last edited:
Reactions: XuillD
Dec 3, 2017
No android ver yet ?

From Mosbles' :

Mosbles said:
Also I've been struggling with one crash error on android and I can't seem to find a solution to it, my bird brain isn't so much on math so digging into the code to find it, especially into Android's inner working is a little too much for me. So for now and if/until I find a solution for it Sumata Café will release only for PC. I'm really sorry for the inconvinience.

Jan 28, 2022
H
Uploaded new version to the first page!

While I do like Shinobu I have no plans for adding any Demon Slayer characters for now.

There are three reasons for the current speed:
1. I'm kind of a slow reader, so I took into account there could be people even slower than me, I fixed most of the dialog to a three-to-four second wait to read.
2. Fungus (the API I'm using to handle dialog) is pretty barebones in terms of changing settings on the go, if you want options like AUTO or changing the speed during gameplay you kinda have to code them yourself and I'm not very bright on that.
3. The most important reason, it's a challenge! Having the girls tease you for longer increases the difficulty which I think it's thematically appropiate.
Hey hey for now? that means u will put it on the future right right? :)

mildpandemonium

Dec 9, 2021
Will the next few updates be focused on expanding the challenge mode, rather than the previous system of 1 new girl + scene?

I liked the dialogue variants that got added so far, it was fun to see Sayaka alternate between being nice and cruel. I don't have as much of a stomach for degradation and humiliation as the character does, but the stuff is well written, especially Junko, who I'd love to see in challenge mode too. The writing for this is really underappreciated; it's more character accurate than most fanfiction I've read.

Starna

Feb 14, 2020
[...] The writing for this is really underappreciated; it's more character accurate than most fanfiction I've read.
It's true! To me it got maybe even too character accurate, there's a point where Zone-tan calls you a beta cuck or something right in the heat of things and it totally took me out of it because suddenly i'm fucking a redditor and it was just way too funny. Like. That's entirely correct for the character, but god i was not ready

Doko56

Oct 18, 2018
Will the next few updates be focused on expanding the challenge mode, rather than the previous system of 1 new girl + scene?
[...]
I can't speak for the updates after this, nor will i say who the next character is because i think mosbles has only mentioned that in the patreon discord, but it does seem like the next update will be another character *and* and bunch of Sumata Royale scenes.

Blood Parade

Dusk of Mankind
Donor
Jun 17, 2018

I liked the dialogue variants that got added so far, it was fun to see Sayaka alternate between being nice and cruel. I don't have as much of a stomach for degradation and humiliation as the character does, but the stuff is well written, especially Junko, who I'd love to see in challenge mode too. The writing for this is really underappreciated; it's more character accurate than most fanfiction I've read.
As far as I can tell, the plan is to add a new girl along with a couple new scenes for Royale. The new girl (Sakuya from 2hu)'s CGs are done and he's currently putting that together. I wrote the script for her scene, as well as a couple Royale ones, so hopefully it can hold up to the rest. As far as who'd be next, a poll got set up on the Discord (which YOU too can access for just $1!!!!!!) and it got demolished by Chiaki, Junko (Danganronpa), and somehow Aqua (Konosuba). Doesn't mean they're guaranteed, just that they're probably gonna be considered more.

mildpandemonium

Dec 9, 2021
it got demolished by Chiaki, Junko (Danganronpa), and somehow Aqua (Konosuba)
Yep, there's a huge overlap between Danganronpa and Sumata Cafe fans. Rewriting their dialogue is gonna be interesting through, since they either ignore you or try to STOP you from finishing.

I wasn't aware you wrote some of the dialogue for the game, that's cool! I hope that the new characters continue with the variable moods (encouraging/degrading), it was a brilliant feature to add.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 17 Votes