4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Not sure how to feel about this part...:HideThePain:
It's about balance, while still being relatively new devs they do need to keep content coming out or risk losing subs on patreon. Only major devs can afford regular 6-8 months timeframe between updates while keeping the support high. They've probably noticed a drop in subs over the past couple of weeks and are looking to halt the slide by promising quicker updates in the future.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
It's about balance, while still being relatively new devs they do need to keep content coming out or risk losing subs on patreon. Only major devs can afford regular 6-8 months timeframe between updates while keeping the support high. They've probably noticed a drop in subs over the past couple of weeks and are looking to halt the slide by promising quicker updates in the future.
But chapter 4 did take quite a long time to complete, around twice longer than the previous chapters if I'm not mistaken. I remember how we used to make jokes in the late summer about winter coming before the update was out.

I'm not sure if that's what NL1955 meant, but I wonder how long Ch 5 is gonna take to complete if the devs compare it to ch6 by saying that the latter is going to take shorter, "like ch 4".

EDIT: I just checked it. Ch 3 was published on the 10th of June, so the development of chapter 4 took five months. And that's supposed to be shorter than Ch5.

Last edited:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
But chapter 4 did take quite a long time to complete, around twice longer than the previous chapters if I'm not mistaken. I remember how we used to make jokes in the late summer about winter coming before the update was out.

I'm not sure if that's what NL1955 meant, but I wonder how long is Ch 5 gonna take to complete if the devs compare it to ch6 by saying that the latter is going to take shorter, "like ch 4".

EDIT: I just checked it. Ch 3 was published on the 10th of June, so the development of chapter 4 took five months. And that's supposed to be shorter than Ch5.
They have improved their setup since chapter 4 though so a chapter of that length would have a shorter development time. I think this update will probably be more in the 6-8 month window, which is why I mentioned that timeframe in my original post.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
They have improved their setup since chapter 4 though so a chapter of that length would have a shorter development time. I think this update will probably be more in the 6-8 month window, which is why I mentioned that timeframe in my original post.
Indeed. I'm not sure if my message came across as replying to what you said, but I meant to express I agree with you: if Ch 5 is going to take longer than Ch 4 (five months), it will definitely be in the region of 6+ months.

Reactions: Boobs Lover

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
They say ch. 5 ended up getting the content planned for ch 6. So ch. 5 is basicaly two chapters in one. Taking by the progress picture, it should take a couple of months to finish.
Ch. 4 took 5-6 months to release and was composed by +1200 still renders. Not worse than the time other devs take to release a update.
Ch 2 and 3 took 2 months to release each. And a LOT of people complainted it were to small (each one had more than 600 renders, quite good size imo) and they wanted bigger updates. Thanks to them devs decided took the "big release" approach.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
They say ch. 5 ended up getting the content planned for ch 6. So ch. 5 is basicaly two chapters in one. Taking by the progress picture, it should take a couple of months to finish.
Ch. 4 took 5-6 months to release and was composed by +1200 still renders. Not worse than the time other devs take to release a update.
Ch 2 and 3 took 2 months to release each. And a LOT of people complainted it were to small (each one had more than 600 renders, quite good size imo) and they wanted bigger updates. Thanks to them devs decided took the "big release" approach.
While I don't mind it, in fact its one of the things that sets this VN apart imo, the extra attention to details makes it seem that the story barely moves, when 500 renders are used just for different subtle expressions. From a business stand point it might prevent mainstream growth, since the average AVN player is extremely entitled and impatient.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Miller's wife ground up and in two bags? Is that foreshadowing?
It's how he is disposing of the leftover quicklime he didn't need. It's not like anyone would eat the food they buy at that store so it's probably safe to do.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
While I don't mind it, in fact its one of the things that sets this VN apart imo, the extra attention to details makes it seem that the story barely moves, when 500 renders are used just for different subtle expressions. From a business stand point it might prevent mainstream growth, since the average AVN player is extremely entitled and impatient.
Wow, I didn't realise it was that extreme. Agree though, it could probably be toned down (I find myself instinctively doing the same thing with my VN...using a render per line of dialogue when not really needed).

All that said, one thing that sets this game apart is the very expressive faces on the girls. The faint smiles, the slightly cross eyed looks, it all really adds to the realistic and unique nature of these characters.

6 month dev time sounds rather good, but I do hope it does not drag out to regular 8+ month cycles. At least not yet. That is somewhat long period, especially for a new(ish) game still trying to find its footing and gather up solid fan base. It is certainly well on its way, but I think it needs a few more episodes and more patreon supporters before it ease off dev-time accelerator.

Boobs Lover

Jan 23, 2022
I've got strange feeling horror in this game could bring zombie apocalypse in plot:unsure:
Reciepe to make zombie game:
Cute girls - check
Cute and shy girls - check
Asshole middle-aged dude - check
Suspicious teacher/caretaker dude - check
Hot Milfs - check
Abandoned school - check
House middle of nowhere - check
Weird girl - check
Mc's friend (who dies as first always) - check
Suspicious cop - check
That list looks like Summer Heat list of characters :KEK:

Side girls are pretty, but still i'm hoping mc will invite Eve or Bree to club, or both :sneaky:

4.70 star(s) 273 Votes