4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

Northpx

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2021
Just pick the angles that are hotter Northpx .
The point of view should be to maximize the enjoyment of the scenes with the girls.
This is the way.

That doesn't change the fact that keeping to 1st person only is them limiting themselves in terms of art especially when we will get to more sex scenes
We steered away from the 1st person POV starting in CH3/CH4. The limitations were very noticable early on and we didn't want to get stuck with it as the game progresses. And when it comes to lewd scenes, the angles will be quite diverse. (y)

Basically, are you going to release an annual chapter?

Chapter 5 with a lot of luck will be ready when, December?
An unfortunate consequence of making a bigger release with a set ending that we've been working towards.
It'll be done way before December or we fucked up. :HideThePain:

I don't care either way about the POV debate other than I want the devs to stay true to their creative vision.
No worries. We previously asked for thoughts regarding the longer development time and this time we were curious about the players' perspectives on POV. These haven't been polls to change the game, just things we'd like to know more about.

And thanks to the many replies here and on Patreon, we got some good insight. (y)

GPsarakis

Sep 28, 2019
I don't mind POV changes, more 3rd person shots are nice though. At this point I'd just take the next update as is instead of have to wait even longer for them to rework new POV shots in. You can leave that for ch6 or whatever.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Honestly If I don't like how the mc looks in these games I stop playing them
I self insert in these games heavily
And two things that push me away from a game is how the mc acts to the girls and how he looks

Not saying that's going to happen here those are just my thoughts
Heck, I prefer when AAA games are first person too

JayneDoe2

Nov 21, 2022
Honestly I prefer the "BaDIK" style. Dialogue switches between POV and observer-mode, other scenes too.

BUT: He is called "Fuckface" for a reason. If the MC looks like an idiot or has a beard like a viking/Magnum, people are mostly out (I would drop the game too).
So giving the MC a "face" comes with a risk.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Honestly If I don't like how the mc looks in these games I stop playing them
I self insert in these games heavily
And two things that push me away from a game is how the mc acts to the girls and how he looks

Not saying that's going to happen here those are just my thoughts
Heck, I prefer when AAA games are first person too
A safe bet is when the protagonist's face is neutral enough and pretty enough. And its better to show it only when it is necessary,sex scene for example. Anyway player's attention will clearly not be focused on the mc's face

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
I had no idea that people care this much about the way MCs looks.. I mean sure sometimes I think that they look a bit silly or whatever but I can mostly ignore it and just enjoy the story.

A safe bet is when the protagonist's face is neutral enough and pretty enough. And its better to show it only when it is necessary,sex scene for example. Anyway player's attention will clearly not be focused on the mc's face
Yeah that's true, probably a reason we see a lot of "bland" protags (or at least similiar looking) is that the devs don't want to go over the top with MC looks :unsure: And there is probably a lack of assets too.

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
This is the way.

We steered away from the 1st person POV starting in CH3/CH4. The limitations were very noticable early on and we didn't want to get stuck with it as the game progresses. And when it comes to lewd scenes, the angles will be quite diverse. (y)

An unfortunate consequence of making a bigger release with a set ending that we've been working towards.
It'll be done way before December or we fucked up. :HideThePain:

No worries. We previously asked for thoughts regarding the longer development time and this time we were curious about the players' perspectives on POV. These haven't been polls to change the game, just things we'd like to know more about.

And thanks to the many replies here and on Patreon, we got some good insight. (y)
And don't forget the most important thing. Save your development progress from the game. The script, the renders, some ideas for the next chapter, everything that has to do with summer heat. Save it multiple times on different computers, USB sticks and hard drives, nobody wants to start all over again after months of hard work if the case happens that the own computer is no longer working properly.

This has happened to all of us sometimes in the past, so always save everything several times on different systems, this prevents the worst case scenario.

Reactions: Northpx

SSJGOD

Nov 7, 2018
Honestly I prefer the "B******" style. Dialogue switches between POV and observer-mode, other scenes too.

BUT: He is called "Fuckface" for a reason. If the MC looks like an idiot or has a beard like a viking/Magnum, people are mostly out (I would drop the game too).
So giving the MC a "face" comes with a risk.

Slight glimpse of MC without facial hair but maybe that will change. Both the bestfriend and Miller are decent looking, how bad could MC be?

ex85_uok.png

Last edited:

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Slight glimpse of MC without facial fair but maybe that will change. Both the bestfriend and Miller are decent looking, how bad could MC be?

View attachment 2903724
Lol, I thought for a second that she is on Miller. Probably because of the same hairstyles and the fact that I was always paying all attention to the Sophie at that point

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
I think the system they had for chapters 3 and 4 made sense, keep most of the game first person, but occasionally have a bonus render you can click to see.
Then during the scenes they just keep it half POV half not.

Reactions: Aristos and Northpx
4.70 star(s) 273 Votes