4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

GPsarakis

Sep 28, 2019
The only one willing to set and date and stick to it is NLT. Everyone else would rather drag things out and get the extra cash before they either finally release a big update or cut tail and run with the money they've collected (ICSTOR).

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
If Mia gets that openly jealous just seeing MC talk with Sophie & Bree in their swimsuits I almost don't want to imagine how she'll react to seeing MC do anything more with either one of those two lmao. Poor girl. It's gonna a rough summer for her :BootyTime:
I just hope that we don't get a scene where the MC comes back to the lodge after a shopping trip with Mike and Miller, only to find it on fire, Sophie and Bree lying unconscious on the floor in their room and the MC having to choose which one to save as the fire is spreading too rapidly to save them both...

To make matters worse, Mia is nowhere to be seen during all this... But phew, thankfully we know she's fine when she reappears a bit later and takes the opportunity to comfort the distraught MC. Which is nice of her, though kinda spoiled by the smell of gasoline on her undies...

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
I feel like at this point we should get a release date, regardless how many tasks that remain to be done. Set a date and stick with it, its been far too long at this point.
I dont think so, often times when devs set a release date it creates too many expectations. If they have to delay the update would just cause undue outrage.
As much as I want to play the new update sooner, I am happy waiting for a complete product that matches or outdoes the previous updates. If they have to rush to meet a release date that they set prematurely then the quality of their game might take a hit.

SSJGOD

Nov 7, 2018
If Mia gets that openly jealous just seeing MC talk with Sophie & Bree in their swimsuits I almost don't want to imagine how she'll react to seeing MC do anything more with either one of those two lmao. Poor girl. It's gonna a rough summer for her :BootyTime:
If you guys switched up the choices in the beginning while on the train when talking to Mia, you learn that she is a very serious person and you recieve an option to never lie again. I wonder if that will have an effect later on.

Last edited:
Reactions: shitass1001

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I feel like at this point we should get a release date, regardless how many tasks that remain to be done. Set a date and stick with it, its been far too long at this point.
Christmas, you can stop waiting now cheers.

• Haha
Reactions: SSJGOD

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
I dont think so, often times when devs set a release date it creates too many expectations. If they have to delay the update would just cause undue outrage.
As much as I want to play the new update sooner, I am happy waiting for a complete product that matches or outdoes the previous updates. If they have to rush to meet a release date that they set prematurely then the quality of their game might take a hit.
Good god. This game hasn't received an update since November of last year? Are you kidding me? Nov. 10th of 2022 was when v0.4 was released.

This developer has 603 members (at the time of this post) on their Patreon. They are pulling funding from 603 people ($ amount is irrelevant). They are essentially hiding through "updates" for the last 10 months. Now, if there is something that has been mentioned for the cause of this prolonged "development" period, then please share that.

These "developers" asking for crowd funding and not delivering in a timely manner (10 months is beyond acceptable) should not a) be asking for funding & b) should turn payment services off if the development period extends into an unknown timeframe.

The poster you quoted is 150% correct in asking for a deadline at this point. I'd be ashamed if I were the developer asking their Patreon members for funding and not delivering at this point.

It's scummy as hell.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Good god. This game hasn't received an update since November of last year? Are you kidding me? Nov. 10th of 2022 was when v0.4 was released.
Be glad to people who ask for bigger updates
This developer has 603 members (at the time of this post) on their Patreon. They are pulling funding from 603 people ($ amount is irrelevant). They are essentially hiding through "updates" for the last 10 months. Now, if there is something that has been mentioned for the cause of this prolonged "development" period, then please share that.
This update will be bigger than the first three small chapters combined. And the possible release by devs will be between later septmeber/early october.
These "developers" asking for crowd funding and not delivering in a timely manner (10 months is beyond acceptable) should not a) be asking for funding & b) should turn payment services off if the development period extends into an unknown timeframe.
Or the people who is crowfunding the game AND the people who pirate the game to play for free shouldn't ask to devs change their original plans of small and frequent updates to bigger releases with longer development times. Because when they do, things like this long wait are bound to happen.
The poster you quoted is 150% correct in asking for a deadline at this point. I'd be ashamed if I were the developer asking their Patreon members for funding and not delivering at this point.
The poster quoted was one of that complained about the small updates and asked to bigger updates. He is just receveing what he wanted now.
It's scummy as hell.
It's karma being a bitch to anyone who wanted big updates. Maybe now they learned a lesson.

SSJGOD

Nov 7, 2018

It's scummy as hell.
Settle down now, you must be new here. There was a reason for that.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
I'm good. You guys are the enablers (if you're the ones supporting this dev). Five bucks says this game will NEVER be completed.
Dude, people pay a lot of money just for a logo on a cotton t-shirt, and you're talking about 5 bucks a month. The patreon system is a payment as a "thank you" for a finished update, a payment for hope to the game be not abandoned and for the game to basically be working on. They work, the rest is irrelevant.

camube

Jun 4, 2022

It's scummy as hell.
the patron themselves voted for bigger update even if that means longer release of 0.5 compared to slicing the update into 2 and releasing quicker

So the majority of the paying patrons are probably okay with them not releasing update yet

i don't like it either but i'm not a paying patron so i don't really care either way whether they release update sliced into two or a big update at once

Reactions: SSJGOD

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
Dude, people pay a lot of money just for a logo on a cotton t-shirt, and you're talking about 5 bucks a month. The patreon system is a payment as a "thank you" for a finished update, a payment for hope to the game be not abandoned and for the game to basically be working on. They work, the rest is irrelevant.
Do you know Patreon's % they take?

armond

Apr 26, 2020
Cotton shirt? Well now, look at mister fancy pants

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
The long development time has perhaps one drawback that can be attributed to something other than waiting, whining, etc. They say love lives for three years? Well, since any game like this depends on a strong liking for one or more girls, it's important that the game be finished in about that time.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Cant speak for everyone but the face personalizes the character, its a piece of detail that is much harder to get over than the characters body or whether he has tattoos or is hairy, etc...
Cause once you give him a face thats when he becomes another person to me. Again it all depends on case by case, take the MC from Artemis for instance, he isn't far off from what i look, he looks like a decent guy, well built, isnt short, has a great and funny personality. So i can live with that. Take the protagonist from Gunpowder Cocktail he is short, scrawny, has a dumb face with blonde hair, etc... It completely loses me. So again it all depends from person to person.

Anyway i think we beat this topic to death already and pretty much everyone agrees that a mix of POV and non-POV shots is the way to go, basically default to what the devs think is the best choice.

As for the MC's face I'd rather not see it or see it as little as possible, but if they decide we have to see him a lot i hope to god he looks "normal" and isn't like the ones OceanLab makes that seem to range from emo to roided bodybuilder.
Looking at the arguments, it seems that POV encourages people to self-insert, which, as we've seen with some people, is not necessarily a good thing.

We've seen a lot of people self-insert to an unhealthy level, and when they do, they often start taking potential drama and plot points in the story as a personal affront.
What's with all the face palms? Bunch of betas on here, huh?
So apparently you're a believer in the Alpha Male myth? That can explain so much. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 273 Votes