4.70 star(s) 273 Votes

Chev1955

Formerly 'NL1955'
Nov 19, 2021
Speaking of Helen, this is what I wanna do to her 'cause I'm a good guy who loves everyone :)

I'll definitely try new things.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Wow 4 months and counting from last update... wasn't they saying updates would come out faster after the last update fiasco? I mean we still have some time till we hit 1 year milestone:cautious:

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018

Hello, everyone!

With Robison back and pointing fingers at all the render mistakes, we're back on track! Our main focus continues to be on branching scenes and creating the renders for each route. Also, making sure each route works as intended. Back in CH04 there was a typo in the code that prevented a variable from firing correctly during Sophie's moment in the glade. It was easy to miss since you would've had to choose the friend option on the introduction sheet previously, but still, a silly mistake that should've been caught before release.

There are only a few small gaps remaining in the script and dialogue, but the real time consuming tasks will be editing and testing. We'll start focusing on that properly once the renders are done and everything's coded in. Basically, we'll be going through the scenes with a fine-toothed comb over and over and over and-... well, you get the point. It takes a while. We often find a lot of things that we'd like to change, especially in the dialogue. We aim for dialogue that flows naturally, which can be a bit of a challenge sometimes since neither of us is a native English speaker. But that's what editing is for!

Next week there will be a lot more testing, post-processing and new renders. We also assigned some rework to Ms. Hill's scene, some render fixes for Bree, and blurring some renders with Helen so she won't distract from the main girls.

Other news

The special render poll for February has ended and Mia is the chosen girl!

There have also been a couple of render posts since the last status update, including the first preview of 0.6. In case you missed the posts, you can find them here:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cheers and have a great weekend,

Robison & Npx

reahwea

Dec 24, 2022

Hello, everyone!

With Robison back and pointing fingers at all the render mistakes, we're back on track! Our main focus continues to be on branching scenes and creating the renders for each route. Also, making sure each route works as intended. Back in CH04 there was a typo in the code that prevented a variable from firing correctly during Sophie's moment in the glade. It was easy to miss since you would've had to choose the friend option on the introduction sheet previously, but still, a silly mistake that should've been caught before release.

There are only a few small gaps remaining in the script and dialogue, but the real time consuming tasks will be editing and testing. We'll start focusing on that properly once the renders are done and everything's coded in. Basically, we'll be going through the scenes with a fine-toothed comb over and over and over and-... well, you get the point. It takes a while. We often find a lot of things that we'd like to change, especially in the dialogue. We aim for dialogue that flows naturally, which can be a bit of a challenge sometimes since neither of us is a native English speaker. But that's what editing is for!

Next week there will be a lot more testing, post-processing and new renders. We also assigned some rework to Ms. Hill's scene, some render fixes for Bree, and blurring some renders with Helen so she won't distract from the main girls.

Other news

The special render poll for February has ended and Mia is the chosen girl!

There have also been a couple of render posts since the last status update, including the first preview of 0.6. In case you missed the posts, you can find them here:

Cheers and have a great weekend,

Robison & Npx
Looks like April release if everything goes smoothly

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
There's already an update posted here to keep us up to date with the development status, the devs were always honest and transparent with their fans about it.

This game is already known to have a slow release schedule, but the overall storytelling and visual quality makes it worth the wait, I'd say. Most of us are disappointed we can't get faster updates, but it is what is... we'll just have to wait patiently and play other games while we're waiting on the devs to update this one. It's not like Summer Heat is the only quality game on this site to enjoy... there's a lot of them, so go pick a few, and the wait will become more bearable like that. It works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
The "banging city-girls" part is not an issue (imo). It's like visiting some friends far away and bang a chick/dude you met at the nightclub you visit.

What does concern me is that there are already so many potential side-girls (Cassandra, Jenni, Rainbow, Lainey, Livia, Hannah, maybe running girl).
Eating to many side-dishes means less space for main course :D

It would be great if they would develop on a 2:1 ratio. Every two main LI updates there is one side update.

But they are new Devs, so I give them the benefit of the doubt for at least 5 years.
I like that ratio for this. This is one of the few games where I actually like the main LIs more than the side ones. A lot of times I usually just end up playing something for whatever small glimpses I get of the side characters. However, VNs where I actually like the main characters are ones I actively follow and even end up supporting sometimes. Not just some quick playthrough whose update you may or may not remember to play when it comes around again.

There are those who may disagree with me, but Summer Heat doesn't really seem to have that problem of side characters outshining the main ones. Or in most cases, the main LIs being so unlikable that you just end up gravitating towards the side characters.

Unlikable for whatever reason: It could be that the main LIs just don't look all that appealing or it could be bad writing basically destroying the characters and you just like the side characters simply because they haven't many chances to get fucked up by the bad character writing.

Reactions: JayneDoe2

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
This by far one of the best VN I played everything about it is very good and to be honest my favorite part about this VN is the music playing in the background It's really soothing and emotional. Can you please tell me the name of songs used in this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vopeco
4.70 star(s) 273 Votes