4.70 star(s) 266 Votes

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
It would be better if they released 600 renderers every 2 months, as it was in the beginning. Why is it that when most developers receive support, they start working slowly and release updates once a year?
I think that is something very personal, i don´t like short updates because the story doesn´t go forward and in 20 mins (with luck) is finished.

Long updates can provide more development in the story, more amount of content for more girls and even have interactions and events more realistic, because with short updates devs can´t make the scenes as natural as with more development time.

Anyway is just my preference and i´m not a Patreon supporter so...

oohhh

Mar 29, 2022
the problem is that when new updates come after long time the stroy goes out of mind and u have to play the game again for the sake of the story and not just sex stuff .... and that is kind of boring ....

loved this game coz of the renders and models but if the updates are coming like 8-10 month with 20-25 mins of gameplay .... i would rather press 'ctrl' and go for the main seens ONLY ...

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
the problem is that when new updates come after long time the stroy goes out of mind and u have to play the game again...
but, but...but, thats the whole point :WeSmart:

back on the topic - helen for life!
best girl ever, best smile, best thigh, best boobs, best ass, best eyes, best hair.....:p

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ass prefer

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
I think that is something very personal, i don´t like short updates because the story doesn´t go forward and in 20 mins (with luck) is finished.

Long updates can provide more development in the story, more amount of content for more girls and even have interactions and events more realistic, because with short updates devs can´t make the scenes as natural as with more development time.

Anyway is just my preference and i´m not a Patreon supporter so...
I remember those times, the bitching during that was the short playtime, and let's be real, when 70% of their render is really facial expression which are exceptional btw (y) , there was not really anything going on. or much of a play time
the chapter 5, take them a year to make , but it was well worth of the wait.

more happened during that one night, than during the entire first 4 chapter;)

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
...is that with or without a chance of parole? ;)
Don't worry, it won't be for long. As soon as you wake up from a drunken stupor and find that Helen is now your girlfriend you will look for the most effective way to off yourself.

Pravsha

Dec 23, 2020
That's what makes it stand out for me. I'd rather the devs take as much time as they need to make an update with the quality that they're satisfied with rather than cut corners to please some impatient F95 whiners that aren't paying for shit anyway.
No one is saying that updates should be released more often, but at the expense of quality. The developers just said that the next update will be 2 times less, so they plan to release it within 4 months. At the moment, the 7th month is already ending, but they did not even write the reason why the delay is happening. If you promise to produce something in 4 months, but it turned out to be done in 8 months, then it would be good to tell your subscribers why it happened.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
No one is saying that updates should be released more often, but at the expense of quality. The developers just said that the next update will be 2 times less, so they plan to release it within 4 months. At the moment, the 7th month is already ending, but they did not even write the reason why the delay is happening. If you promise to produce something in 4 months, but it turned out to be done in 8 months, then it would be good to tell your subscribers why it happened.
1) The dev didn't "promise" anything, and none of us are owed anything. I don't care what you think your'e entitled to.
2) If there are delays it could be a number of reasons ranging from development reasons or IRL reasons. Delays and the reasons behind them are completely irrelevant. Summer Heat is still in active development and the update will be ready when it's ready. Period.

Like I said, there are no deadlines until there is a release date announced, and even then the dev could decide to move it back for any reason whatsoever and they'd be fully within their rights to do so because shit happens sometimes. Constant whining about development cycles is pointless, disruptive, annoying, and literally against the rules on F95.

Pravsha

Dec 23, 2020
Like I said, there are no deadlines until there is a release date announced, and even then the dev could decide to move it back for any reason whatsoever and they'd be fully within their rights to do so because shit happens sometimes.
You didn't read my message carefully. Developers may have their own work schedule and there may be reasons for delays. But why don't they tell their subscribers anything? No one even knows how many images and animations have been made at the moment, there are only incomprehensible percentages.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Developers may have their own work schedule and there may be reasons for delays. But why don't they tell their subscribers anything? No one even knows how many images and animations have been made at the moment, there are only incomprehensible percentages.
Probably because that information is completely irrelevant.

Some devs do add details like that to their development updates and at the end of the day it really doesn't affect anything. They're not going to gain subscribers based on the style of their dev logs, they'll gain subscribers if they make a VN that people like.

The status updates only serve as a general progress snapshot to let people know how things are progressing. To let people know how close or far they are to completing the next chapter and the dev can be however detailed as they want about it. So you really don't need to know the exact number of renders and animations completed each status update because all you'd do is nitpick and argue over the numbers. All you really need to know is that things are progressing.

Besides, render counts in general are completely meaningless. There are so many variables go into how long it takes to complete a single render such as hardware... or the dev's skill, experience, and attention to detail. There was a dude in this thread a while ago trying to shit on Summer Heat's render counts compared to some garbage whoretagonist RPGM game, and I think NPX mentioned at the time that it takes around an hour per render in Summer Heat. Basically, another dev might shit out 4000 renders to Summer Heat's 400, but they won't look even a tenth as good. The only thing that matters is whether you were satisfied with an update, not how many renders it has in it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Hollibolli

Pravsha

Dec 23, 2020
Probably because that information is completely irrelevant.
This is the first time I've heard that the number of pictures and animations doesn't matter. And I'm not comparing the number of pictures in "Summer Heat" with other games, I'm comparing them with the number of pictures in previous chapters. And you say that developers should not tell anything about their work at all, except: "we are working, wait for updates in the near future."

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
This is the first time I've heard that the number of pictures and animations doesn't matter. And I'm not comparing the number of pictures in "Summer Heat" with other games, I'm comparing them with the number of pictures in previous chapters. And you say that developers should not tell anything about their work at all, except: "we are working, wait for updates in the near future."
Yep, render counts really don't matter. All they're good for is giving people fodder to nitpick over. The only thing that matters is whether or not you are satisfied with the update (or more accurately, whether the patrons are satisfied). The number of renders in it is meaningless. If you must know how many renders are in an update, then the final render count will be posted when the update drops.

And I'm not saying what a developer should or shouldn't say in their dev logs. They can put whatever they damn well want in them. But IMO, it's pointless to put hard numbers in a status update because those numbers don't convey anything that we need to know beyond what a simple status bar does. The render counts can and will change as they make adjustments and people will bitch and moan about those numbers for no other reason than to bitch and moan.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Size DOES matter (or render count here).
We were talking about render counts being provided in status updates. It's unnecessary information while the update is still in development for the reasons I've already explained so I'm not going to rehash it.

If there is only 100 renders after 8 months, it wouldn't be satisfying no matter the quality of renders or story.
Hypotheticals besides... that's clearly not a problem with Summer Heat, is it? I think it's safe to say that the next SH update isn't going to have only 100 renders...

• Sad

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
We were talking about render counts being provided in status updates. It's unnecessary information while the update is still in development for the reasons I've already explained so I'm not going to rehash it.

Hypotheticals besides... that's clearly not a problem with Summer Heat, is it? I think it's safe to say that the next SH update isn't going to have only 100 renders...
It's not unnecessary information to know how many renders they've produced. It wouldn't help to know when the update will be ready but it's useful information nonetheless. It gives an indicator on what they've worked on.

If there is a percentage of renders (97% atm), it means they know how many they want to produce or else it means nothing if the render count target changes every week

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
It's not unnecessary information to know how many renders they've produced. It wouldn't help to know when the update will be ready but it's useful information nonetheless. It gives an indicator on what they've worked on.

If there is a percentage of renders (97% atm), it means they know how many they want to produce or else it means nothing if the render count target changes every week
You're asking good questions. Why don't you ask them in person? somewhere in discord or here. Do they have some kind of production plan, a specific task or goal? how much and where to

4.70 star(s) 266 Votes