4.60 star(s) 316 Votes

stubbruh54

Aug 16, 2019
0.5 was actually a really promising update, made it feel like maybe they could develop well given time. 0.6 was an absolute dud and they accomplished quite literally nothing as far as advancing LIs. They simply don't know how to proceed, or don't care to as long as they rake in that sub money.

Reactions: vireker and JiiEf

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
What sort of problems were you thinking about? I hadn't really been following along all that closely and only got bits and pieces.

Edit: Also, damn. Thread's just flooding right now. Kind of makes me nervous about playing this update now.
What caught my attention was the slow pace at which the delivery percentage graph was moving, much slower than in previous months, and it didn't match the information provided. I've backed over 40 projects, and many were abandoned along the way, so I'm always cautious when something seems inconsistent. I can say that, over the past year, there's been something strange with visual novel developers. I'm not sure if most were working remotely and had to return to on-site work, but even developers who started in 2020 and now have better equipment are taking longer to complete their deliveries.

RoCu

May 23, 2020
The best developer by far is Caribadis. His updates never disappoint. Clear communication No BS. These guys really fucked this update bad
Just my opinion obviously but I’d say Mutt & Jeff are even better

Anyway, I’m just a pirate but yeah this update doesn’t have much for anyone not on the Mia path, unfortunately.

See ya next year, lads.

Bronckk

Sep 10, 2023
What a weak ass update. This is not a 10 month update this shoulda been like 4-5 tops.

I don’t think they’re lying about the size of the update or the effort but they are not focused with their creation. Most of these renders are inconsequential. And instead of focusing on the breakfast and making a toast animation, how about some focused and suggestive animations of Ms. Hill cooking the breakfast? There is enough work done here its just not at all in the right places, which hopefully is due to this being their first game but it also brings to question if this is intentional and they are setting up a milk machine. Really hope its not the latter.

flarigand

May 7, 2020
It even worse: they are team of two, so divide anything by 2
For example, I know it can't be named anywhere, but Pink Cake is a single developer, Stone Fox Studios are two developers,
My humble advice is that they have to simplify the game more, cut the mundane dialogues as much as possible, and focus on the main plot so that it organically involves the MC, they have to change that policy of 10 months per update, with this latest content being so pyrrhic it's not worth it

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
What caught my attention was the slow pace at which the delivery percentage graph was moving, much slower than in previous months, and it didn't match the information provided. I've backed over 40 projects, and many were abandoned along the way, so I'm always cautious when something seems inconsistent. I can say that, over the past year, there's been something strange with visual novel developers. I'm not sure if most were working remotely and had to return to on-site work, but even developers who started in 2020 and now have better equipment are taking longer to complete their deliveries.
Yea I've been noticing that too. Think it started creeping in around 2023. I can believe some devs having to go into the office now but it doesn't explain the ones who are doing this full-time. I can give some leeway to the part-time devs but I'll never believe any justification for full-time devs.

Whatever it is, it's definitely pretty disappointing that it's become a trend.

Sweet Force

May 18, 2017
Dont. Paynne A good man. He deserves Better. Let him spend the money on something better.
View attachment 3958114
Of course, if I were Paynne I wouldn't pay any more, and now that he confirmed he won't do it anymore it makes me feel a lot of respect for him, I wish the rest of the subscribers would show their displeasure the way he does. I just wanted to know if he was as disappointed as you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Two and a half years of development and the game barely covered 24 hours, is that correct?

What exactly were they polishing that took so long? Thinking about it now makes me wonder if they were delaying the release on purpose.

Reactions: garmander

BYK370

Apr 29, 2020
What a weak ass update. This is not a 10 month update this shoulda been like 4-5 tops.

I don’t think they’re lying about the size of the update or the effort but they are not focused with their creation. Most of these renders are inconsequential. And instead of focusing on the breakfast and making a toast animation, how about some focused and suggestive animations of Ms. Hill cooking the breakfast? There is enough work done here its just not at all in the right places, which hopefully is due to this being their first game but it also brings to question if this is intentional and they are setting up a milk machine. Really hope its not the latter.
same was expect more of Eve scenes but sigh

MaxRichard

Oct 7, 2023
I just realized I've spent more time over the last 10 months reading progress updates on polishing and messages on this board asking "update wen" than I did actually playing this update

So I'm unwatching the thread and will come back in 2039 when it hits 1.0, assuming it escapes the 99% odds of being abandoned between now and then

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes