4.60 star(s) 302 Votes

flarigand

May 7, 2020
It's easy to see pages of complaints from drive-bys and think that they represent the majority opinion. They're complaining because they don't like the game for their reasons. They're complaining because the style of this VN doesn't suit their expectations. As of right now though, the supporters of this VN far outnumber those passing complainers judging by the overwhelmingly positive reviews and the ever growing number of monthly patrons. It's safe to assume that those people aren't so upset.

So to say "greatly reduced confidence"? I don't think that's accurate in the slightest. I think you give too much credit to a vocal minority. Most of those drive-bys will be gone in a week and the rest of us will still be around supporting this project. I can only speak for myself in full confidence, and I can tell you that I'm perfectly content with this update. Development time is completely irrelevant to me. I really couldn't give a rats ass about it ... and this is a romance-oriented VN with a distinct style and easily some of the best renders in the business. This VN meets my expectations and I'm satisfied. If you're not, then that's fine but don't assume that a few angry posts on a pirate site make a majority.
Give it another update like this last one in 9 months and you will see how that ""vocal minority"" will echo more and more, You can't just justify an update as poor as this in 10 months, and attack the same people who made this VN popular, In this world of VN's one thing goes with the other

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
I am critical of how they are handling all this, 10 months for this miserable update that does not develop anything in the story, for me is very annoying, but from there to destroying all the excellent work that the developers have done, it is already very extreme, I hope you learn from this, manage to make an update every 4 or at most 5 months, cut out all the mundane dialogue, and start developing the story, personally, if it takes another 9 months for the next update, and they bring me a sexual scene with a character that has nothing to do with the story and they make me spend 1 hour of my life reading an empty script that is only there to consume time, well personally I already know what the purpose of this VN is and my interest in it simply ends.

At the beginning of the project, I saw the incredible quality that this visual novel had, not only in the technical and visual section but in the potential that the story can deliver, personally I am tired of seeing VN with a good visual section and an empty context, without a story, without character development, I thought that "Summer Heat" was something different and that the developers had a clear idea of what they wanted to do, With this last update of 10 months, I realized that it is not the case, but I am still going to give you the benefit of the doubt, for me the next update is decisive to see if I am still interested in this project, I think they should reformulate everything for them to be successful, two people with a VN of this quality and technical complexity can't develop a story with so many characters included and such sporadic updates, anyways.
To get sex with Ms.Hill, you just need to get her drunk.

Reactions: vireker

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
Some of the choices for the renders and dialogue in this chapter were so random and wasteful imo:

-why focus on making breakfast with animations!
-the weird dream sequence that added nothing to the story.
-I guess the flashback fleshed out Mia and the mc's past relationship but I feel the same plot points could have been explored through a conversation in the present which would feel less jarring.
-the conversation with Mikey in their room mostly just summarized what happened in the previous update which we aleady know anyway?? Mikey as a character is not working for me generally. I don't think his 'jokes' have even made me smile.
-we spent multiple lines having different characters say variations of 'you look tired' and 'you should get some rest' during the lesson scene
- the sex scene with Mia was fine but we literally just had a scene with her. perhaps Bree could have been a better choice.
- Having the mc and the love interests walk in the forest again seems kinds repetitive too. Like a scene with the mc and Sophie/Mia during the lesson could have been a nice change potentially (though I didn't mind the Sophie/Mia scenes so this isn't a big problem)
-WHY did they add the expulsion storyline?! we all know that the MC isn't going to be sent home so there is no drama and tension to this plot point. It became really repeitive reading the MC think 'I want to spend more time with X character in the future but I sadly will never see them again in 3 days time'. Plus it makes no sense as Mr Miller took him there and left him alone for hours. I know who most parents would blame after they heard the full story so it makes more sense for everyone involved to pretend it never happened. Also how is that the only one on one scene with Kate after almost a year lol.

I agree that there should have been more renders considering the dev time, but this issue is exarcebated because of how they failed to utilise the limited renders and animations they made. Though I guess such inneficiency shouldn't be a suprise considering we spent more time with Mr Miller and the strip club than with the main LI's in the previous update but its still dissapointing :cautious:
Usually, devs know how to make renders (in this case, amazing ones) and some coding, but doesn't know how to write a script, create the scenes of a game, playability, interesting dialogues and such. Probably they thing that that's something that everybody know how to do by instinct or something.

tydog99

Apr 26, 2022
The only way you can complete the update in 5 minutes is if you're skipping all of the dialogue and not taking any time to enjoy the renders. In which case I'd question why you even bother playing this at all. Summer Heat is quality over quantity. If you don't care about the renders or the dialogue, then there are plenty of low effort VNs with lifeless posing and stock daz animations out there for you to choose from.
This is such a stupid take I'm not even fully sure how to respond to it. When it takes almost a year to release a short update after they said updates would be smaller and more frequent (not smaller and take longer), people are going to be frustrated.

There's no "quality vs quantity" discussion here. They also have multiple people working on this. In (hopefully) just a few more months DPC by himself is going to release a very long update with tons of content, with higher quality as well.

I'm not sure what happened that made this dev cycle so long and the result so short but this is why I use this website and only support very few devs on Patreon. If I paid monthly for this I'd be disappointed.

ItsNotUs

Engaged Member
May 14, 2023
It's easy to see pages of complaints from drive-bys and think that they represent the majority opinion. They don't. They're complaining because they don't like the game for their reasons. They're complaining because the style of this VN doesn't suit their expectations. As of right now though, the supporters of this VN far outnumber those passing complainers judging by the overwhelmingly positive reviews and the ever growing number of monthly patrons. It's safe to assume that those people aren't so upset.

So to say "greatly reduced confidence"? I don't think that's accurate in the slightest. I think you give too much credit to a vocal minority. Most of those drive-bys will be gone in a week and the rest of us will still be around supporting this project. I can only speak for myself in full confidence, and I can tell you that I'm perfectly content with this update. Development time is completely irrelevant to me. I really couldn't give a rats ass about it ... and this is a romance-oriented VN with a distinct style and easily some of the best renders in the business. This VN meets my expectations and I'm satisfied. If you're not, then that's fine but don't assume that a few angry posts on a pirate site make a majority.
In some ways, you are probably right and your point of view has a place to be, but Time will not buy!

Jul 1, 2018
I hope the game doesn't go in a supernatural direction. I know the horror tag is planned but supernatural stuff would completely ruin the game for me.
Supernatural is the only thing that can save this game. And I'm not joking, the whole camp is clearly a joke and the devs are obviously not inspired to write the same boorish slice of life activity/dialogue about the weather and nature.

By introducing wendigo, ghost or whatever. You give your story a direction and something new and exciting happening to our characters which this game desperately needs.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
Supernatural is the only thing that can save this game. And I'm not joking, the whole camp is clearly a joke and the devs are obviously not inspired to write the same boorish slice of life activity/dialogue about the weather and nature.

By introducing wendigo, ghost or whatever. You give your story a direction and something new and exciting happening to our characters which this game desperately needs.
Eve literally breaks the fourth wall.

Reactions: vireker

BrNexon

May 17, 2024
I can't detect if it's pure sarcasm, or you just saw that there's a new update and you're excited about it.
Yepp, mate!I have been looking for it. Though, developers, took bit more time but finally back on track and released the update v6! Its most Realistic/Superb Cinematography SFx game! I have been a great fan of this Game! But in v5 & 5.1 content/script were twisted as Miller was poping out to making hurdle in Romance:unsure: whenever, everytime, MC wanted to spare time with Sophie,Bree, Evelyn or Mia.Hope, this time (in- v6)script must have been completely romantic..that soft voice romantic voice of Bree and Sophie's charming looks in pool with quite romantic dialogues..another way, cutie pie Mia,s completely dwelling in love with MC..so much potential romance in this Game. I don't count Evelyn's as romantic and emotional as Mia, Bree & Sophie but Evelyn was curious! But she must be friend with benefits! But there s something secret behind Evelyn and she didn't even open up with emotions with anyone in summer shelter house..must depends on script this time.. indeed all way romance to calming down the summer heat :)

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020
I saw horror in the planned tag. Any idea what amount of horror to expect? I sit just some monsters or secondary characters starting dying because monster or yandere?

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
whine whine whine. it took so long blah blah blah. dev cycle blah blah
How does any of that have to do with that dude who admittedly speed clicked through the update in "5 minutes" and then called the update shit? THAT was a stupid take.

This VN IS quality over quantity. Very much so. If you're the type that likes to speed click through VNs just to get to the sex scenes, then this VN just isn't for you. You're obviously looking for a VN with a different style than this one and there are plenty of half assed shit shows out there with pre-animated sex scenes that can put out more frequent updates if that's what you care about.

• Haha
Reactions: tydog99

Dark_Kaizer

Jan 24, 2019
Ok so everyone has already mentioned all the key problems and criticism with this update release.

I'll just leave an extra criticism from myself - someone who definitely thinks from the very start that this game has A LOT of potential, actually started out with good writing, fantastic models, a good setting and a lot of promise.

Dear developer/s, you need more people. More staff. 10months for an update like this? I'm not gonna go heavy on remarks or something petty but straight up, if your updates now are around a 9-10-11 month mark, not ONLY are YOU, the developers are gonna drop the project from the sheer amount of lingering burden that it will be, but so will the players. Absolutely. You have SO many main girls and routes, side girls and most likely some bad endings? What's that then - 7/8 years till completion? hahah. Guys. You NEED a bigger team. For your patreon fans, for yourselves, for the benefit of the whole project. You WILL not be able to finish this game with such long hauled update gaps and showing 1h10min for that amount of wait time. GTA6 DLC will come out by the time you finish 2 routes out of like 5 girls?

I'm gonna give you guys the benefit of the doubt and HOPEFULLY you will NOT end up ripping your Patrons off and are not in it for the greed and abandon such a good thing you have had going!

GET more staff, MORE help, BE smart, this is a GOOD game and we GENUINELY like it and your Patrons are showing that as well, clearly.

This update has given us concerns, yes, but it should have DEFINITELY given you valid concerns on your development time, team development/recruitment and more brainstorming.

This was a 4month update it felt like. With a larger team it couldve been that or even 3 and a half months.

This game has potential!!!

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
-why focus on making breakfast with animations!
I picked up on this one too, but to be fair, it was pretty good and an unusual addition to have. It's the sort of thing that we'd look at with a smile in an amazing update, but it sticks out like a sore thumb in a sub-par update. I don't think we'd be complaining about the breakfast if we didn't have those other issues with the update. Breakfast is just a scapegoat :ROFLMAO:

Kaelric

Oct 30, 2021
just played the update... so nearly a year for a low ass job with not only nearly no content but a boring story.

Well i hope the patron will rebel against that or the game is sure to be icstored

Reactions: legend_shon
4.60 star(s) 302 Votes