4.60 star(s) 304 Votes
Apr 1, 2023
I 100% agree with their decision to choose what to render is really inefficient. If they know their speed of development is slow then they could use more description texts with static renders.
Absolutely. You can be more economical about what you render and how much use you use them. To me, it's okay to have a bunch of dialogue using the same few renders. Not everything needs to be unique. We also seem to get a lot of renders of things that seem wasteful. We don't need detailed cooking renders. Did we really need that second dream? Work smarter, not harder.

grhcj

Jul 31, 2023
I just hope this update actually took them 4-5 months and they spent the rest of the time preparing for the 0.7 update so it can be released faster.

This wasn't a bad update, most of us were frustrated cuz the time they took for 0.6 was longer as the dev said, with very little content. I hope there will be a (small) update by the end of the year.

This game is phenomenal, all the devs are very talented. I respect what they've done, but I hope they will focus on important parts only in 0.7. I don't think more than 70 renders for Mike are necessary, with some lame conversation. Some of the parts in 0.6 really made me fall asleep.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
Eyes and mouth wide open ....... aaaaaaaahw , such beauty.
Incapable of doing anything else but playing this utter FORM OF BEAUTY.
Horny as well.
Got my fixation.

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Well that was an alright update, but it felt short after such a long time (about 10 months maybe?)
I did enjoy it, but I would have expected at least to see some tiddies from one of the other main girls.. (Miss Hill :cry:) I feel like this update would have been alright if it didn't take so long to come out.

Let's hope the devs get some inspiration like Sophie did to get out of their writer's block and hope the next one will be out sooner.

Still one of the best VN's out there visually, so there's that.

Lundh

Dec 2, 2019
Absolutely love this game, new update is a little thin though.

Would be nice if you can't add main character hookups because it needs time (understandably) that there is more side hustles like the last update.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
wtf like 5 minutes of gameplay, no good scenes with kate, is this a joke? shit game
The only way you can complete the update in 5 minutes is if you're skipping all of the dialogue and not taking any time to enjoy the renders. In which case I'd question why you even bother playing this at all. Summer Heat is quality over quantity. If you don't care about the renders or the dialogue, then there are plenty of low effort VNs with lifeless posing and stock daz animations out there for you to choose from.

Pravsha

Dec 23, 2020
You can achieve the same narrative effect with just a few images. You don't need such a huge number! This is demonstrated by looking at other projects, very popular here. With the talent of these devs they could have finished this project months ago, to start others
You are absolutely right, at the moment there are more than 8000 renderers in the game, which is almost the same as in the Eternum game. But the amount of content, scenes, events, locations, etc. in Eternum is much more.

Reactions: xjastus
Sep 2, 2020
Real talk, I don't actually care that there wasn't a sex scene this update, half of you here complain about the MC getting lusted after by the entire town in a matter of 2 whole days. It would make sense if this update slowed things down. That and some of yall actually play Summer's gone, please seek help.

The real problem is the fact that what felt like an interlude took 10 goddamn months for a measly 1.8k renders which 80% comprised of conversation and a toast animation. Not surprised at all in fact many people here have expected it if you've followed the thread once in awhile, that should be the actual complaint. Northpx didn't keep the promise of frequent updates with less content.

instead we got a longgg wait for a short update that is meant to be filler to set things up. Imo there should be some form of making up to do and special renders ain't it. Even pirates here need some dialogue and trust, I pointed out something similar in the Red Lucy thread very long ago about how each update is a glorified addition of a dozen more renders but the fans there are just lost in the sauce, lo and behold that game is now abandoned. Go figure.

Please don't go down that route Northpx. We luvs ya and we wants ya :BootyTime:

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
You are absolutely right, at the moment there are more than 8000 renderers in the game, which is almost the same as in the Eternum game. But the amount of content, scenes, events, locations, etc. in Eternum is much more.
This is the problem with reducing everything down to render count. You're comparing two completely different games. Completely different engines, different flexibility for detail and posing, and different styles entirely.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 304 Votes