4.60 star(s) 304 Votes

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
considering ren'py work, process may take a little longer of course. But not so much, it is pretty simple engine. And as far as I understand, several people are working on the game, dividing tasks.

we can also compare this update with the previous one. Almost the same development time, but a significant difference in quality and quantity. Devs can do more in a shorter period of time, but for some reason we received the last update the way it is...
Yeah, hobby or not, if you hire people that you need to pay or even just form a group of people to work on a project you need to treat it as a part-time job at the very least. Dedicate time to it and plan the work load out otherwise you just get a group of uncoordinated people working on the VN between sessions of gaming and wind up only working on the VN for 2 hours at most in any given day.

The end result is an update like this that feels like, sure, lots of renders got done but at the end of the day it's just a giant Nothing-Burger where nothing advanced. MC gets told they're being kicked out because of Miller essentially, then they took a walk to the forest and entered a spooky house for a few minutes (RIP shoe).

It also feels like the phone conversations hurt more than help the game. Work more on the plot of the game and progression of events and less on random dating app conversations and pictures for characters that clearly aren't meant to be main LI.

disappointed-zac-efron.gif

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
When you like a game, project you'll be happy with any new content, conversations, new hugs with Bree ( because that's game style).

I want to see more of it too. But what is there is what is there. Like I said before, 2-2.5 years is the time frame when many developers slow down. This needs to be accepted as a fact, because there are many such cases.

I think it's about inflated expectations. Because the content is the same level as before.
The plot twist with Kate is probably the best moment of the update in terms of plot. The added element of sadness for the main character to see the last 2 days of his girls, and at the same time the hope that it can be fixed somehow.
You rightly point out that it's an interesting move for the relationship with Kate, she's playing unavailable and willing to even kick the protagonist out, which is supposedly indicative of greater feelings than just lust (I hope)

My friend, there may have been some flaws in the planning. Mb they wanted to do more but nothing worked, then they cut it off. It was impossible to shorten the update, because first they did part of one scene, then part of another ( so inconsistent)
There may be some other complexities.
I think now there will do small updates like update per 3 month. I don't know how the paid patrons reacted, but it probably wasn't very good either, so yeah, a little update with a couple of lewd scenes is what's coming next, I guess.
I'm a patient guy, so for me the pacing of this VN doesn't bother me because Summer heat hits three big boxes for me: The girls are fucking hot, the characters are likeable and have enough depth to give a shit about them, and the renders are incredible. Most importantly for me though is forward progress, and the romantic relationships are progressing even if they're not all fucking like rabbits at this point. Nothing is stagnant with the girls. Their romances are all moving forward and that's enough for me as far as storytelling is concerned. I daresay even Helen became a little more likeable this update.

In addition, Mia has grown on me a lot so I'm pretty satisfied with the progress with her in this update. Started this VN mostly interested in Kate and Sophie, and now Kate and Mia are my top girls. That and I'm looking forward to when we meet Becca finally.

As far as Kate, I get the feeling that there's more that she knows about the criminal element at the strip club that Miller is involved with, and maybe she's trying to protect the MC in some way by getting him out before he gets too involved. At any rate, she's barely containing the sexual tension and she's probably a wine bottle away from jumping MC at this point.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
To say that i'm disappointed is to say nothing - it's just f@cked up!

I want to say right away that 1600 renders in 10 months is normal, if you take the average number of renders per day, it’s 5,3. At the same time, we must not forget that still need to "polish" them! xD But!
But, it’s not a matter of quantity, as i can safely say that a large number of renderings were wasted for unnecessary chatter with a friend, about the evening spent on strip club, this conversation could have been fit into a couple of renders + text! Unnecessary renders from other angles under a magnifying glass! Incomprehensible stupid second dream, first about father and his birthday - MC character is needed, but the second one is... Why waste a rendering resource on this!? There are many other examples where can "shorten more".
I 100% agree with their decision to choose what to render is really inefficient. If they know their speed of development is slow then they could use more description texts with static renders.

jemmylyn

Dec 23, 2023
Yeah, hobby or not, if you hire people that you need to pay or even just form a group of people to work on a project you need to treat it as a part-time job at the very least. Dedicate time to it and plan the work load out otherwise you just get a group of uncoordinated people working on the VN between sessions of gaming and wind up only working on the VN for 2 hours at most in any given day.

The end result is an update like this that feels like, sure, lots of renders got done but at the end of the day it's just a giant Nothing-Burger where nothing advanced. MC gets told they're being kicked out because of Miller essentially, then they took a walk to the forest and entered a spooky house for a few minutes (RIP shoe).

It also feels like the phone conversations hurt more than help the game. Work more on the plot of the game and progression of events and less on random dating app conversations and pictures for characters that clearly aren't meant to be main LI.

View attachment 3959432
i can understand when something significant doesn't happen in a plot, something slow paced and a bit "boring". Such moments have their value and can perfectly dilute the overall pace of the story, preventing unnecessary oversaturation of events and haste. But in this update, we didn't get anything other than that. After completing this "update", I got the feeling that I finished only the beginning part of a new update, but didn't get to the update itself.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
so much hope was there and it all went down the drain ...
such a small update, with nothin significant stuff ....
didnt you read any update reports previously?

no one has said that this update will be big - it was planned/anounnced as an average one (2x smaller than 0.5, comparable to 0.4v, for example)...if you read/knew that, you (probably) wouldnt be in "all hope is lost, damn this tiny update/game" mode :BootyTime:

Reactions: yossa999

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018

no one has saod that this update will be big - it was planned/anounnced as an average one (2x smaller than 0.5, comparable to 0.4m for example)...if you read/knew that, you (probably) wouldnt be in "all hope is lost, damn this tiny update/game" mode :BootyTime:
Expecting people to read is a big ask. Plus its cool to just shit on games and Devs now so.

Gulagurag

Oct 4, 2021
View attachment 3959274

for some of you that wanted math, here's some math:

the number of paid subs tripled over the last year, meanwhile the update is half the size of the previous one. how about that for some math?
So your point is the game is gaining in popularity?

It is sad that you spent this effort just to whine about a game you aren't personally providing any financial support for.

Reactions: Jericho85

stickyai

Jun 29, 2024

no one has said that this update will be big - it was planned/anounnced as an average one (2x smaller than 0.5, comparable to 0.4v, for example)...if you read/knew that, you (probably) wouldnt be in "all hope is lost, damn this tiny update/game" mode :BootyTime:
Where did they say this? I've read nearly all of the update reports and don't think they explicitly mentioned the size of 0.6 before

Garen

May 6, 2017
I don't usually comment, but this was the game I was looking forward to the most, I thought it would be a great update since this is a whole year before it comes out. However, this update sucked. You get pretty much no storyline with any of the girls, you wake up and go to the woods. Update done. Ain't no way a whole year went by and all they accomplished was this. Tough.
You took the words out of my mouth. After almost a year of waiting, this is not what you want to see. Especially after the previous update which was a total banger.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Expecting people to read is a big ask. Plus its cool to just shit on games and Devs now so.
The most popular VNs on F95 attract the largest waves of drive-by shitters that inevitably whine about the update not meeting their expectations once it drops usually related to development time. They'll go away in a few days. Then... well we'll still be stuck with the usual shit talkers but at least we might actually be able to have at least some on-topic game conversations without it being drowned out completely by complainers.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Where did they say this? I've read nearly all of the update reports and don't think they explicitly mentioned the size of 0.6 before
do a search...it was stated a few times, starting from the previous year (october/november) to this spring (february/march, if not later).

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
I knew it was over the moment I opened a folder with 70+ Mike renders, and this is after they talked about slowing down on unnecessary renders. :HideThePain:

View attachment 3959395
I understand that the developers want to make the game as realistic as possible, but this conversation with Mike takes a week to complete with all of the renders, which is a waste of time. I have no problem at all with a character not moving in a conversation or a duplicate image a few seconds later again. I also have to read the text, so it's not noticeable at all for me.

4.60 star(s) 304 Votes