4.60 star(s) 304 Votes

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017
I've been thinking a bit about this update since my last post and the pessimist in me feels that this might be the beginning of the end of the game. All the negative reactions in this thread (which are imho justified so don't get me wrong) won't help with the devs motivation and here comes my optimist side into play.

My optimist view of all of this is that the drop in dev speed wasn't for malicious reasons like wanting to milk their Patreons but for loss of motivation/burnout reasons and if that is the case then things can get better and hopefully will get better.

We all know that their renders are great and that their characters are gorgeous and we also know that they can work at a good speed because they have shown us that they can with the past updates.

And now to a suggestion for the devs: You guys really need to cut down a bit on the superfluous renders.
The scene of Ms. Hill cooking and stroking the cucumber was great because it showed the player that Ms. Hill might have some conflicting and dirty thoughts about the MC but all the other renders of the cooking after that were just unnecessary.
Also that little animation of the camera panning over the body of Bree in the bedroom of Ms. Hill was nice but again unnecessary.

Do those little things make the game better? Yes they do but they also cost time and effort to make.
And if you ever want to finish this game in a somewhat timely manner then you might want to cut down on stuff like this.

I really hope that this was just an exception and you guys will get back to a good form for the next update.
Summer Heat is imho one of the top 1% of AVNs, it is rare for such a high quality AVN to even appear and it has the potential to blow the majority of other AVN out of the water it just needs to get actually finished for that to happen :)

Last edited:

spammermail76

Sep 20, 2019
I don't usually comment, but this was the game I was looking forward to the most, I thought it would be a great update since this is a whole year before it comes out. However, this update sucked. You get pretty much no storyline with any of the girls, you wake up and go to the woods. Update done. Ain't no way a whole year went by and all they accomplished was this. Tough.

ItsNotUs

Engaged Member
May 14, 2023
View attachment 3959274

for some of you that wanted math, here's some math:

the number of paid subs tripled over the last year, meanwhile the update is half the size of the previous one. how about that for some math?
These numbers have increased due to the last update, let's look at what happens after this and judging by many of the reactions, everyone knows what to expect!

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
if you are waiting for such "pattern" (aka 3 updates for a slow developing, milking, whatever game), you will be (most probably) waiting for 5 years...at that time confirming "pattern" will be fairly pointless thing:HideThePain:

regarding 0.6v, as expected majority of players seem to be dissapoined with it, mostly due to ratio developing time/content.
pollishing is a hell - it took 4+months, so damn polish is to blame:BootyTime:
Having some Polish blood inside me, I declare that I am not involved in this "polishing".:ROFLMAO:
I know, and for some games that I really like I giving the free pass for some long pace, means I'm ready to wait. In Summer Heat case, I'm not sure. Some games with 10 month and more cycles gave me 4 hours of gameplay just for one run and great emotions. Here I managed for 90 mins to open everything.
My friend, there may have been some flaws in the planning. Mb they wanted to do more but nothing worked, then they cut it off. It was impossible to shorten the update, because first they did part of one scene, then part of another ( so inconsistent)
There may be some other complexities.
I think now there will do small updates like update per 3 month. I don't know how the paid patrons reacted, but it probably wasn't very good either, so yeah, a little update with a couple of lewd scenes is what's coming next, I guess.
The only real, respectable reasons here are: some kind of incident that knocked both developers out for several months, electrical blackouts, death of loved ones, etc., serious illness. Now there are many questions without answers.

sdn2603

Jun 6, 2017
I still have have hope that this update is a joke or something like that and we’ll have some answers today. What about the previews we saw? Are they in this update ?

• Haha
Reactions: ssam123

jemmylyn

Dec 23, 2023
When you like a game, project you'll be happy with any new content, conversations, new hugs with Bree ( because that's game style).

I want to see more of it too. But what is there is what is there. Like I said before, 2-2.5 years is the time frame when many developers slow down. This needs to be accepted as a fact, because there are many such cases.

I think it's about inflated expectations. Because the content is the same level as before.

i think the audience must set more stringent standards for development time, otherwise this fashion for "long updates\small amount of content" will never end, and will only get worse.

what is happening with the development of AVNs now is nonsense. I have personally done HQ 3D rendering sets in cinematigraphic-story manner with sound design and everything and I know how long it takes to create such content. An update like the one we had today for Summer Heat, can be done in 2-3 months by a single person without critical efforts.

i'm not saying that these specific devs are milkers. Maybe not, maybe Summer Heat is just an addition to their main job\activities and they simply don’t have much time\desire for this project, which is why the last update so small. Or maybe there are some other respectable reasons for delaying. However, in light of the last update, if i were the patron of these devs, i would think before paying them again, because this payment could potentially lead to the cultivation of a new milker (in case if the last update not a milking strategy already, i hope it's not)

ssam123

Jul 16, 2023
Only thing I can say after this update is WTF, when I asked in the tread is this dev a milkar or not some j****s PPL defended him.
But after this update I can definitely say he will be like xenorav.
Only thing I'm happy is that there are less Kate hill fans which means we can see her sences in couples year if the dev continues with this phase.

ItsNotUs

Engaged Member
May 14, 2023
i think the audience must set more stringent standards for development time, otherwise this fashion for "long updates\small amount of content" will never end, and will only get worse.

what is happening with the development of AVNs now is nonsense. I have personally done HQ 3D rendering sets in cinematigraphic-story manner with sound design and everything and I know how long it takes to create such content. An update like the one we had today for Summer Heat, can be done in 2-3 months by a single person without critical efforts.

i'm not saying that these specific devs are milkers. Maybe not, maybe Summer Heat is just an addition to their main job\activities and they simply don’t have much time\desire for this project, which is why the last update so small. Or maybe there are some other respectable reasons for delaying. However, in light of the last update, if i were the patron of these devs, i would think before paying them again, because this payment could potentially lead to the cultivation of a new milker (in case if the last update not a milking strategy already, i hope it's not)
I don’t want to question your words, but 1600 renderings, scripts, text, animations for 1 person in 3 months, as for me, this is not realistic if he is not a robot!

Ginger Swan

Mar 20, 2019
I think the update itself isn't bad, but the timing is the issue. Waiting 10 months for this update is clearly underwhelming. If it had taken 3-4 months, no one would be complaining. Given the 3-day time limit Kate mentioned for the ending (supposedly), and assuming each update progresses half a day in-game, it would take 2-3 years to finish the game. On the other hand, if each update takes a year, then the game won't be finished for another 5-6 years. Of course, the dev probably prefer the second option to maximize profits.

—BigDiK—

Sep 16, 2022
This game has long lost its soul. Which was in it originally. This is noticeable in everything. The graphics have gotten worse. The plot didn't progress either. Don't waste your time on this product. And this update is ridiculously tiny.

jemmylyn

Dec 23, 2023
I don’t want to question your words, but 1600 renderings, scripts, text animations for 1 person in 3 months, as for me, this is not realistic if he is not a robot!

considering ren'py work, process may take a little longer of course. But not so much, it is pretty simple engine. And as far as I understand, several people are working on the game, dividing tasks.

we can also compare this update with the previous one. Almost the same development time, but a significant difference in quality and quantity. Devs can do more in a shorter period of time, but for some reason we received the last update the way it is...

4.60 star(s) 304 Votes