4.60 star(s) 311 Votes

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I don't care what you guys are talking about, I still believe that this episode should have been shortened during the outdoor activity, and the second half should have been released a few months later. That way they will have more time to produce and maintain a steady pace as a result.
How would that solve anything? You think making an even smaller update is a good idea? What would have happened, the MC eats breakfast and talks to Mike, roll credits? What is there now already took 10 months and it wasn't because there were millions of extra words with a dozen elaborate scenes. It wouldn't have made anything faster at all either. The only thing that would have, I think, is removing the animations altogether. It's not ideal I know but it's pretty clear those over 5k extra renders took 99% of the production time.

Reactions: BTWZ1

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
I think over time that toaster is going to become legendary. Sounds like the devs have had it come up in the surveys quite a lot and it keeps popping up (no pun intended) every page or two here. Hopefully, they are good devs who take hte feedback well and don't get disheartened too much by it.

It's never going to be nice to have bad feedback, especially when it appears it's more than the good feedback, but learning and growing from it is the key. Fingers crossed the next update shows some of that...

Reactions: LSC82

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
How would that solve anything? You think making an even smaller update is a good idea? What would have happened, the MC eats breakfast and talks to Mike, roll credits? What is there now already took 10 months and it wasn't because there were millions of extra words with a dozen elaborate scenes. It wouldn't have made anything faster at all either. The only thing that would have, I think, is removing the animations altogether. It's not ideal I know but it's pretty clear those over 5k extra renders took 99% of the production time.
5k "extra" renders took 99% of development time (while 1500+ "main" renders took less than 1%)?
math wasnt your first, second nor even tenth choice is school was it:LUL:

if anything took majority of production time that would be polish, and no other thing.:WeSmart:

Jazzgeoff

Sep 15, 2017
Is it just me or do the four main girls all look really similar? I feel almost like they just made a stock girl and then altered hair, make up, eye color and skin tone. they all have almost identical facial structure, cheek bones, pointed chins, almost identical mouths and noses, and all have almost the exact same body shape.

I was trying to decide which one I like the most, as I only really play monogomous. Normally it's easy for me as I'm into petit girls so I just usually go for the least curvy, that's when I started to realise to my eye they're all the same (obviously different personalities) but just on physical it's basically pick your favourite hair color.

The game is good, and I'm used to not having a petit option, so that's not world ending for me, but variety is still nice.

kazeiheikaya

Apr 1, 2024
trope with the councilor after
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
was really annoying ima be honest.

More spoilers but
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Im aware how it plays out though, either way just strongly hated that scene lol. It's almost as bad as some of the scenes with Mia where you just genuinely question "is the MC just full on a simp?" lol. MC's Character writing feels like he has genuinely no spine at all. Game has such gorgeous renders and great animations but the interactions between characters are painful.

Reactions: hawk784563

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
5k "extra" renders took 99% of development time (while 1500+ "main" renders took less than 1%)?
math wasnt your first, second nor even tenth choice is school was it:LUL:

if anything took majority of production time that would be polish, and no other thing.:WeSmart:
You took that way too literally just try and be a dick, huh? My whole point was their solution wouldn't have solved anything and Mia's second animation alone has 3k renders. They sure as fuck weren't using that many on the "plot".

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
The way the game is structured the good stuff happens at night, during day time we have... classes... maybe some sneaking around for making out, but that's it.

The Dev needs to understand this and fast forward a little bit through the day, and each future update needs to include night time.
Each update (7 can be from where we are until we go to sleep) needs to be a full day, wake up, fast forward a bit through routine stuff, ends at night.

I think over time that toaster is going to become legendary. Sounds like the devs have had it come up in the surveys quite a lot and it keeps popping up (no pun intended) every page or two here. Hopefully, they are good devs who take hte feedback well and don't get disheartened too much by it.

It's never going to be nice to have bad feedback, especially when it appears it's more than the good feedback, but learning and growing from it is the key. Fingers crossed the next update shows some of that...
Well, now that they got it they can go the 90s anime route and re-use the shit of that animation, every morning.

Might as well honestly.

QWareZ

Jul 23, 2017
Probably 3 days until the next train out of town
That would be about 2 trains per week and I find that unlikely. Also they have cars, they could drive MC to a different station. You could say that maybe there is an accident on the whole line so there are no trains for the next 3 days. Again: cars, different stations even though they might be further away. Also buses exist. But more importantly: it's not mentioned in the game.

Kate could have easily said: "I would send you home right now but there is a railway strike. You're leaving when the trains are back in order which should be in about 2 to 3 days." And I would say "well, that's convenient so now I have 3 days to change her mind" and carry on.

You could even set it up during the TV scene the day before, just replace "Plans to demolish old Rosewood high" with "Railway workers on strike". Boom, setup and payoff. And I would be fine with it.

Instead you have: "I'm sending you home in 3 days. Oh, and also don't tell anyone." And now I have questions.

Maybe it's just shitty writing and I'm reading too much into this.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
You took that way too literally just try and be a dick, huh? My whole point was their solution wouldn't have solved anything and Mia's second animation alone has 3k renders. They sure as fuck weren't using that many on the "plot".
if you compare number of animations here and in many other games (with supposedly lower resources based on its support, check "broken desires" or "imperial"for example, to not go further), you can see that animations here are barely worth mentioning in terms of numbers/renders.
and you went with "99% of development time" for them, non-literally ofc?
if you arent joking, and obviously you arent, any further discussiion with you is pointless.

#polish_is_hElL

Meabe37

Mar 9, 2023
The way the game is structured the good stuff happens at night, during day time we have... classes... maybe some sneaking around for making out, but that's it.

The Dev needs to understand this and fast forward a little bit through the day, and each future update needs to include night time.
Each update (7 can be from where we are until we go to sleep) needs to be a full day, wake up, fast forward a bit through routine stuff, ends at night.

Well, now that they got it they can go the 90s anime route and re-use the shit of that animation, every morning.

Might as well honestly.
There is no way with the amount of content they are making that 0.7 will finish the whole day 2 at all imo.

0.7 most likely gonna be the afternoon and 0.8 will be the evening/night ( if we are lucky and they step up in term of content/render numbers... otherwise we might even gonna need to wait for 0.9 to have the end of day 2 lol )

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022

Why did they do the toaster animation at all? Was it really that important? Do they use toasters in Finland? It seemed to me that this was a purely American topic.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017

Might as well honestly.
What classes? There is a little powwow introduction and the very start of a class that the MC ditches. It hardly feels like they are even at a camp at this point. I don't think fast-forwarding would help a whole lot really. The way it is now it may have been a day but we only really see small segments of it happening, it hasn't been a "full" day even now.

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
Why did they do the toaster animation at all? Was it really that important? Do they use toasters in Finland? It seemed to me that this was a purely American topic.
Are toasters only found in America? They're used worldwide.

In fact, apparently 82% of Finnish households have a toaster, compared to 66% of US households.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
To be fair the toaster scene isn't an actual animation. Still almost 30 renders for Kate standing in one spot doing almost nothing but at least they didn't make another 60 fps video just for that.

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
Is Finland the Baltic States? near Russia. Toasters are not so common there.
No, the Baltic countries are Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. Finland is still near Russia, but technically, so is the US, so that means nothing. Finland is apparently fifth in the list of countries with the highest percentage of toaster owners (yes, Russians are less likely to own a toaster, with only a third of households having them).

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
No, the Baltic countries are Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. Finland is still near Russia, but technically, so is the US, so that means nothing. Finland is apparently fifth in the list of countries with the highest percentage of toaster owners (yes, Russians are less likely to own a toaster, with only a third of households having them).
Thank you. Anyway, I'll say that the toaster is some kind of incomprehensible crap in order to make bread warm. I don't even eat bread. Why would I do that?...

Cpt_Crunch

Mar 20, 2019
Just finished the new update and I gotta ask people that have been here since the very start, are all updates this low on "content per months of development" ? And by content I really don't mean sexy scenes, but just... content; like... game time.

Did something happen in the Dev's life that slowed them down a lot?

4.60 star(s) 311 Votes