4.50 star(s) 24 Votes

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
Or some people just like a simple slice-of-life game with no deep drama?
Sorry not every game will suit your high standards?
You don't have to come in here and be a complete asshole and call people dumb.
This "game" is the complete opposite of a "slice of life". Everything that happens here is completely unlike real life; it looks ridiculous, absurd, and unnatural. It's just a mishmash of brainless sluts of varying degrees of ugliness.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
What's it about? I know I could just look it up, but let's try with some classic human interaction for once. I could use something new to watch while rendering stuff.
Alternate history if the USSR won the space race. Starts off great, but the end of Season 4 I found incredibly cliche and disappointing.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Yeah, first season of "for all mankind" was very good. Haven't watched the others yet. Second continues with colonization or rather militarization of the Moon, at least judging from the pictures. And third should be about going to Mars.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
What's it about? I know I could just look it up, but let's try with some classic human interaction for once. I could use something new to watch while rendering stuff.
Damn, others are spoiling things for me (/s not /s). What I'll say about the first season is that it's about if the space race didn't fizzle out, and both superpowers around in 1970- kept investing in space. It's (in season 1) a great (alt) historical drama, amazing characters (extremely flawed but real) and great writing. So, 90% showing off the history of the time, then 10% coming up with new stuff. It's on Apple, and there are 4 seasons I believe.

Reactions: afterlights

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Seems that somebody remembers the movie Seven? ;) Starring Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman as detectives investigating a serial killer. If you haven't seen it guys, go watch it. It's really good. But they didn't find a dildo in any of the crime scenes or the suspect's apartment. ;) However they couldn't find any fingerprints either so I guess they are latching onto whatever they can find. :D Does that make Maxine accessory to murder? :eek:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can someone direct me to the town of Hüttenblattenstaten? ;) Or is it the name of the brewery? :) Anyway, I don't drink beer, but my father does and he says that Czech beer is the best. :p
Who was that sailor supposed to be? The one who wanted to buy an octopus to attach to his cock, I guess? :oops: Isn't a vacuum pump easier to get? Or hell, a vacuum cleaner. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
Alternate history if the USSR won the space race. Starts off great, but the end of Season 4 I found incredibly cliche and disappointing.
Interesting premise. But yeah, another show overstaying their welcome? That's the issue I have with many shows unfortunately. The showrunners hardly ever dare to end a show for the sake of a good conclusion rather than milking the product to the point of a dishonorable death. There are a few exceptions like Breaking Bad, Chernobyl or now with The Boys ending after season 5, which is a good thing in my book.

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
Seems that somebody remembers the movie Seven? ;) Starring Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman as detectives investigating a serial killer. If you haven't seen it guys, go watch it. It's really good. But they didn't find a dildo in any of the crime scenes or the suspect's apartment. ;) However they couldn't find any fingerprints either so I guess they are latching onto whatever they can find. :D Does that make Maxine accessory to murder? :eek: By the way, the head in the box references the film's ending. :)
Can someone direct me to the town of Hüttenblattenstaten? ;) Or is it the name of the brewery? :) Anyway, I don't drink beer, but my father does and he says that Czech beer is the best. :p
Who was that sailor supposed to be? The one who wanted to buy an octopus to attach to his cock, I guess? :oops: Isn't a vacuum pump easier to get? Or hell, a vacuum cleaner. :LOL:
The "sailor" is a reference to the movie " ". Maybe I should make a big post about all the references I use in the game someday after the end of season one. Some are not as obvious as this and the "Se7en" one.

P.S. Maaaybe you should put the "what's in the box" spoiler into a literal spoiler there ;).

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
The "sailor" is a reference to the movie " ". Maybe I should make a big post about all the references I use in the game someday after the end of season one. Some are not as obvious as this and the "Se7en" one.

P.S. Maaaybe you should put the "what's in the box" spoiler into a literal spoiler there ;).
Ok, done. The box is in the box. :)

Apr 10, 2023
First, what does it mean to have won the space race? First on the moon? mars? created functional shuttles and fixed space stations?

Even if that happened, the effect would be obvious, the bankruptcy of the dumbest political system in human history would be even more spectacular. Especially since we are just (really, we're barely getting started) entering an era where the economic use of space will become profitable. Through, for example, the use of satellite data (GPS or Starlinks), and we still don't have, for example, lunar mining or space-based solar power plants (which would be much more efficient without the atmosphere).

This seems to be the problem with this field, namely that often when practicing alternative history, the most spectacular rather than the most likely scenarios are chosen. And even if we choose a precise point of divergence between the original and alternative timeline (e.g., an alternative history if the Second Crusade ended differently), we must maintain extreme scientific rigor after that point.

Reactions: damnedfrog

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
First, what does it mean to have won the space race? First on the moon? mars? created functional shuttles and fixed space stations?

Even if that happened, the effect would be obvious, the bankruptcy of the dumbest political system in human history would be even more spectacular. Especially since we are just (really, we're barely getting started) entering an era where the economic use of space will become profitable. Through, for example, the use of satellite data (GPS or Starlinks), and we still don't have, for example, lunar mining or space-based solar power plants (which would be much more efficient without the atmosphere).

This seems to be the problem with this field, namely that often when practicing alternative history, the most spectacular rather than the most likely scenarios are chosen. And even if we choose a precise point of divergence between the original and alternative timeline (e.g., an alternative history if the Second Crusade ended differently), we must maintain extreme scientific rigor after that point.
By "USSR won the space race" they meant an alternate history where Korolev didn't die in 1966 and the USSR beat the USA to the moon. That's the main divergence point.

Reactions: Burner_Account_1239

Rexermus

Nov 18, 2023

As soon as it switched to the black and white shot of the sailor I knew for a fact it was a reference to Willem DaFoe in The Lighthouse
willem dalighthouse.jpg

Rexermus

Nov 18, 2023

There were two other references I thought were really clever, one was the Reagan "Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall" and another that's slipping my mind as well. I love when writers use deep-cut references instead of easy/cliche pop-culture references. Disco Elysium and The Lighthouse >>>>>>>> a bad MCU or Starfox reference

4.50 star(s) 24 Votes