VN Others Abandoned Summer Job [v0.11b] [Kross]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

MrJ

Sep 13, 2017
I discovered the game as version 0.3. I was surprised and saw potential - idea, base story, girls, gameplay - all was promising. I was willing to subscribe on patreon. After 0.4 i am not convinced. Kross you should add more content. Adds some spicy stuff and promise of some additional new plots for next update. You are doing solid work and try to post updates on regular bases, progress report, polls and preview images.

Same goes for me. If i get the dates correctly, the dev needed nearly a year for 4 updates. The first game was uploaded in September 2017.
The content is way too small for this amount of time.

The visuals are good (although not great), and the whole game looks promising.

But again, there is not enough content. By far! Espacially with all the grind you have to do.
As a dev, you don't have to overflow your game with sex. Some sexy pics or voyeurism would be sufficent. But i don't see enough of that in the game.

And before somebody starts whining:
This should be considered as a positive critic, because i see the potential in this game and i want it to be succesful.

Reactions: MikeD13

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
I've played this once before when there was no wet T-shirt contest, and before Greg was working at the resort. I found the game enjoyable and I'm hoping to see more updates. I would suggest to @Kross to fix some of his strings in the code. Greg gets hired on the second or third day, and that afternoon you can spy on him massaging Jenny, even though Jenny hasn't arrived yet. Also, when I created my character, I concentrated on Charisma and Charm, so the very first thing I did was talk to Saul, and I caught him pulling his pud even though there was no one to see by the pool. When we eventual talked, Leon's dialogue was about Nadine's uniform, even though I hadn't even talked to Nadine yet. Just something to look out for as you're writing the story.

What i really like was the 'Memories' gallery. A handy tool to see what you have missed! That and the walkthrough that was supplied. It makes sense that the H-scenes would change if Leon had a few drinks in him. I just never thought of that.

I've seen a few posts griping about the spacing between updates, and that doesn't bother me one way or the other. So long as you're up front with your Patrons and they are good with it, who cares? Good luck and I hope to try this out again in a few updates, and who knows, if I ever climb out of this hole that I have dug, maybe I'll be throwing a few bucks you way. Cheers!

Reactions: UncleVT

Kross

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2016
Ummm, I'm getting Virus Warnings, sup with that?
I'm writing my own code (I'm not a pro), so can be happen that some anti virus recognize my game as an unsafe code software.
Try do this:
right click on the exe file -> properties -> General panel
It should appear this text:
Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.
click on Unblock button.
Let me know if it works. Thanks.

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Do you have to spy on Edgar and Alexandra before a certain point? I maxed out everything. But they are never in their room at 23:00 so I can't spy on them.

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
I think Edgar needs some drinks in him. Check the walkthrough that comes with the game...
I did check the walkthrough, or otherwise I wouldn't be confused why they are never in the room at that particular hour. In my playthrough they are always at the bar in the village from 10 to midnight. I can make them pass out before that. But then MC decides "Edgar is drunk, better leave" and no spying happens. If I make only Alexandra pass out she's in there alone and I can fondle her tits. But I can't figure out how to start the quest called "the deal".

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
I did check the walkthrough, or otherwise I wouldn't be confused why they are never in the room at that particular hour. In my playthrough they are always at the bar in the village from 10 to midnight. I can make them pass out before that. But then MC decides "Edgar is drunk, better leave" and no spying happens. If I make only Alexandra pass out she's in there alone and I can fondle her tits. But I can't figure out how to start the quest called "the deal".
Okay I downloaded the game again and the walkthrough that comes with the game, it states 'Alexandra Edgar in the room at 23:00 1:00'. The walkthrough that you are using must be out of date. If I remember correctly, Alexandra & Edgar are at the bar in town at 23:00.

[EDIT] Sorry about that. Yes, if you scroll down the walkthrough to '3) The deal between Edgar and Alexandra' it states that you need to be at their room by 23:00. The walkthrough wasn't corrected on page 4. Where I found the correct time was on page 2.

Reactions: sakuyas_mmaster

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I tried this game long ago and felt underwhelmed by the amount of things to do in the game. Is there enough content by now?

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes