4.70 star(s) 143 Votes

Flame_iscool

Nov 6, 2020
hay can someone help me i found a starnge video while fishing and when i tried to watch it does not allow me to watch it can someone help

scyne

Dec 4, 2018
This unfortunately doesn't work because there are other places other files are loaded.
If loadNormalBitmap is not the only function passing requests, that makes sense. The real sticking point is normalising the game files, regardless.

Since that's something that has to happen either way, it'd make more sense to parse the JSON files in a shell script, do a case insensitive match on them, and rename the file if it's not also a case-sensitive match.

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
If loadNormalBitmap is not the only function passing requests, that makes sense. The real sticking point is normalising the game files, regardless.

Since that's something that has to happen either way, it'd make more sense to parse the JSON files in a shell script, do a case insensitive match on them, and rename the file if it's not also a case-sensitive match.
Yeah, I started down that path, but it turns out that the packaging tool cares about case sensitivity on Linux. And you can create a Web/Linux version that's incompatible with Windows by having clashing file names.

In the end I found it easier to keep the files as is (so they didn't need to be renamed all the time as versions changed and if the file name is constructed by code, deal with that as well) and instead target the loading APIs with something that normalized the name and mapped that back to the case sensitive name.

Reactions: scyne

JerryWn

Aug 5, 2021
If you guys are calling 'translations' DLC, patch v3 drops that. And it can work on non-Steam if you SAR byte-patch in-memory the actual installer. I bypassed the Steam requirement and ran the thing to test it, all English. *shrug*
Hello!I'd like to learn how to crack the DLCPatch program,because i need a chinese version of the DLCPatchInstaller,i have the same problem about it need be installed on the steam version of the game,could you give me some advise?Thank you very much!

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Hello!I'd like to learn how to crack the DLCPatch program,because i need a chinese version of the DLCPatchInstaller,i have the same problem about it need be installed on the steam version of the game,could you give me some advise?Thank you very much!
Just look into the "Steam-only" DLC patcher's memory and look for a specific function (you'll see a function name as a string suggestive of a validating functionality).

JerryWn

Aug 5, 2021
Just look into the "Steam-only" DLC patcher's memory and look for a specific function (you'll see a function name as a string suggestive of a validating functionality).
Thanks for your advice! I've used a tool called "Ghidra", and i searched for function like "vali", but there seems have no matched function, what should i do? Or could i have a private message with you? Thank you again!
屏幕截图 2021-08-05 171653.png

scyne

Dec 4, 2018
Yeah, I started down that path, but it turns out that the packaging tool cares about case sensitivity on Linux. And you can create a Web/Linux version that's incompatible with Windows by having clashing file names.

In the end I found it easier to keep the files as is (so they didn't need to be renamed all the time as versions changed and if the file name is constructed by code, deal with that as well) and instead target the loading APIs with something that normalized the name and mapped that back to the case sensitive name.
Huh, very interesting. I would have thought the difficulty would be where the web server tries to access the file system; normalising the path names in the application would still require normalisation in the file system.

ie, the RPGM web application tries to GET a folder/filename.ext, the web server tries to read folder/filename.ext in order to respond to the GET request, but can't read the file because the file system has it saved as FOLDER/Filename.EXT.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure now I misunderstood the context of the original problem . I should check to see what the mod actually does :oops:.

kin-kun

Modder
Jul 10, 2020
Huh, very interesting. I would have thought the difficulty would be where the web server tries to access the file system; normalising the path names in the application would still require normalisation in the file system.

ie, the RPGM web application tries to GET a folder/filename.ext, the web server tries to read folder/filename.ext in order to respond to the GET request, but can't read the file because the file system has it saved as FOLDER/Filename.EXT.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure now I misunderstood the context of the original problem . I should check to see what the mod actually does :oops:.
If you're running nwjs directly then there isn't actually a web server involved, just Chromium loading local files. (Yes it is still a JavaScript get request, but it is handled by the browser.)

If instead a webserver is involved (like Apache) then you can use that to fix stuff up as needed (mod_speling) but some games don't play correctly and you lose out on local save files.

Furthermore if you're using ext4 and happen to have the right setup you can tell the OS to make a folder (and subfolders) case insensitive (but case preserving)

Turns out JoiPlay uses a similar method of path caching, while leaving the files alone so that patches/upgrades can be applied easily.

Reactions: scyne

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks for your advice! I've used a tool called "Ghidra", and i searched for function like "vali", but there seems have no matched function, what should i do? Or could i have a private message with you? Thank you again!
That is not at all what I said to do... I don't teach anymore. I used to, but people are quite ungrateful to be taught how to fish, they just want the fish. I don't teach anymore.

Reactions: JerryWn

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018

Case-sensitivity. It sucks, but most developers are uneducated regarding filesystems and filesystem-access, their experiences usually limited to Windows. They don't realize that case-sensitive makes a difference. Even character-encoding for filenames makes a difference. It's like the CJK-days all over again.

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Question, is there a way to stop a sex scene before you run out of stamina?
EDIT: I found out you need to click on the player's portrait.
But I have yet another question: How do you capture a rarity 1 insect when you maxed the bug-catching thing already?

Last edited:

Walolo

Oct 1, 2017
Question, is there a way to stop a sex scene before you run out of stamina?
EDIT: I found out you need to click on the player's portrait.
But I have yet another question: How do you capture a rarity 1 insect when you maxed the bug-catching thing already?
There's a tree near the river. From there you can catch rarity 1 and 2 bugs

4.70 star(s) 143 Votes