4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Now that makes sense, but why was he kicked in the first place?
Because Patreon, and I'm not joking here, found out there's an incest patch on a pirate site. Which site could that be...? Well, they thought the Captain is the one who made this patch to get around the Patreon TOS. So, long story short: he was kicked because of an incest patch.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Because Patreon, and I'm not joking here, found out there's an incest patch on a pirate site. Which site could that be...? Well, they thought the Captain is the one who made this patch to get around the Patreon TOS. So, long story short: he was kicked because of an incest patch.
Yep, it seems you aren't even safe if the patch is hosted on another site.

Reactions: Elduriel

Xrisoner

May 23, 2021

Basically all Incest games have patches on this site, but only TNC is banned? Weird... Maybe ... just maybe.. I think him being active here on f95 that could be something that separates rest of the Dev's... Pateron assumed TNC is aware of the patch and still hasn't taken any action.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Basically all Incest games have patches on this site, but only TNC is banned? Weird... Maybe ... just maybe.. I think him being active here on f95 that could be something that separates rest of the Dev's... Pateron assumed TNC is aware of the patch and still hasn't taken any action.
You are not wrong... but I didn't feel like writing a similar post as yours. Most all patches work on text replacement which cannot be used against a dev as a breach of TOS... anyone can write code to replace any text of anything electronic... it's not AVN only. So yeah, your question holds merit... and calls out a certain amount of BS no doubt (again, imo). The real question is where the BS lies... the service provider or the content creator... someone's not telling the whole story (and yet again, imo).

Reactions: Shinnoujou

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I all but guarantee that will change. We all know it. Steam is not in the business of "free speech" and certainly won't be acceptable of taking any amount of political heat. Just my two pesos. Enjoy while you can there devs.. the clock is ticking (imo).
I don't know, I've seen some fucked up games be approved over the years on steam, they don't seem all too bothered. It could definitely change, but even to this day, it doesn't seem like they care about the internet outcry and politics.

Now... I'm afraid that once Gaben leaves us, or if he sells the company, this could all change.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know, I've seen some fucked up games be approved over the years on steam, they don't seem all too bothered. It could definitely change, but even to this day, it doesn't seem like they care about the internet outcry and politics.

Now... I'm afraid that once Gaben leaves us, or if he sells the company, this could all change.
They haven't received any heat yet. The day they do (the day they get called out publicly in any significant volume) it's game over... no more cheevos for taboos. It's the world we live in now... entitlements and deformed realities. A world where adults can't make decisions for themselves more and more.

Xrisoner

May 23, 2021

Gabe's son seems to be heavily invested into sports. So ya... things don't look so good once Gabes done for... :cry:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
The problem: it's actually not Patreon in the first place wanting to hunt the incest games. I am pretty sure they do "like" the income/money from those developers, too. It's mostly the big paying systems forcing them to do that. Therefore I'm pretty sure steam unfortunately will have to do that in the future also.

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
What a bunch of morons. Kicking their customer out and force creating competition for themselves. Some serious display of stupidity :WeSmart::FacePalm:

Steam did a smart thing allowing adult games on their platform. If they didn't, all that would have achieved was losing their potential customers.
steam is still bad about that shit too. any adult game that takes place in a school, any game where you have a place of power over other people, and any adult game with an anime art style gets rejected by steam all the time. even though they said they aren't the thought police they do this shit.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xrisoner
4.20 star(s) 142 Votes