Summer Vacation! Scrambled [ ILLGAMES ] サマバケ!すくらんぶる

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Dkin

Aug 18, 2017
Dates in Koikatsu

Pretty sure the dating mechanic was added later to Koikatsu, in an update named "after school" or something like that. I doubt they'll do that with pregnancy though, it doesn't seem like they to want to include this kind of content in their games, which I can understand.

Ah, that's right. I forgot about that.

And now that I remember they also added the option of 3p sex with janitor to Koikatsu.

Maybe there's hope.

Lol310

Apr 1, 2021
Finally gave it a try and I would say the first 3 hours are promising.

+ stock game runs smoothly. no loading
+ smooth transition, faster actions (recall the Room girl sluggish characters), no obvious clipping/stuck characters
+ personally kinda like this anime style
+ more varieties of SLG activities. Lots of Quality of life improvements (e.g., automatically switch camera after main character moves)
+ better UI
+ character server doesn't ban non-Japan IP and just works

- still an illusion SLG and hence lots of repetitive actions and unrewarding choices
- small number of starting characters
- lack of social interactions between characters
- low number of maps. Hopefully they will expand it in DLC

Overall best illusion *game* after Artificial Academy 2 so far. Play style is mediocore (but acceptable, compared to previous products :( ). With a modern art style I'm buying it.
And not a single note about white screen between locations (it is fast but bothersome as it is not something that can be forgiven in games with such low requirements) while we had optimal transition in AA2 without loading which is a big dealbreaker and characters can stuck if 2 run into each other while running to their action (can be resolved if 1 is your character and RIP if bots as red circle is a thing)

Reactions: Kuromarutaur

RavenousRaven

Oct 17, 2018
white screen between locations (it is fast but bothersome as it is not something that can be forgiven in games with such low requirements)
The transitions should definitely not exist in this game, especially when we consider how few areas there are. Hope it gets addressed.

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
And what is so difficult about il2cpp? I just don't really understand it, but it's interesting
Think about it like this.
  • Mono backend converts game's code to machine code(ones and zeroes) just-in-time before its execution. This backend allows players and modders to see and even change game's code easily using various programs such as dnSpy. It is as simple as opening a .txt file with notepad and changing its content.
  • Il2cpp backend converts game's code when developer builds the game, it is also known as ahead-of-time compilation, it means players and modders get already converted machine code. It is not readable by humans without using specialized tools to convert it back to something readable. Think about it like trying to open an image file with notepad. You'll see weird, random symbols and you won't be able to understand it, but when you open the same file using a specialized program such as ImageGlass you can easily see and understand the image.

StrikerDX32

Aug 24, 2023
Game needs some mods with faster h bar filling and if possible less map movement of characters, it's a nightmare to talk to characters without interuptions

Sep 3, 2019
Thank you, that was resourceful, it’s a shame that the restrictions are so limited, now it’s clear how much AA3 is at a dead end because of the developers, let's hope for the best
It's a deliberate move from developer to restrict modders to add mods and contents to the game. They exactly knew that modding scene of Illusion games is thriving in the west (and in JP too), and they knew that most of the user that used the mod is pirating the game. Obfuscating the game codes is not only will halt the development of new mod (in which the devs have monetary motive for selling official contents, add-ons, expansions and the like), but also hoping that it will convert the pirating user to new customer. We shall see who will win, Illgames developer or the Illusion modding scene in the coming months.

handmadeexcalibur

Formerly 'kanekiogava'
Oct 10, 2020
It's a deliberate move from developer to restrict modders to add mods and contents to the game. They exactly knew that modding scene of Illusion games is thriving in the west (and in JP too), and they knew that most of the user that used the mod is pirating the game. Obfuscating the game codes is not only will halt the development of new mod (in which the devs have monetary motive for selling official contents, add-ons, expansions and the like), but also hoping that it will convert the pirating user to new customer. We shall see who will win, Illgames developer or the Illusion modding scene in the coming months.
I see ILLGAMES winning only if there are continuous updates adding new mechanics and improving existing ones, that is, in the end we will see something more than AA2 with mods, although it feels like these developers are wearing tinfoil hats and they think that by doing nothing their game will be relevant. They don't even communicate with players, they don't make promises of updates if the game is bought, they just exist while modders do the work for them.

Sep 3, 2019
I bet what is going on is what you say and I mentioned before, these files are both things that players haven't trigger yet and audio files in standby for future content. This also checks out with Ill(usion)Games announcing eight new personalities, they probably recorded everything in advance.
Do you see (or hear more accurately lol) any peculiar voice outside of H-scenes that picked your interest? just curious if there's any secret/special interaction between characters other than dating/BBQ scenes...

Jac Rios (Studio 781)

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
Do you see (or hear more accurately lol) any peculiar voice outside of H-scenes that picked your interest? just curious if there's any secret/special interaction between characters other than dating/BBQ scenes...
There is an absurd amount of dialogues beside sex scenes, and well, I don't know if are unused or very specific to trigger.

There are dialogues about daily topics and such, normal conversations but there are a ton of variations of these dialogues, talking about different things each time and in different connotations.

Also there are hundreds of dialogues talking about events that already happen like going to work together, having sex with specific results, how dates went and so on.

Let me tell you, I was a modder when AA2 was released, this game without exaggeration has like 5x times the amount of dialogues in their audio packages, it feels way more that can be seen or trigger. But I mean, to begin with and as I mention before, the devs mess up the variables for sexual intercourse and due to this bug a lot of dialogues can't be trigger, could be the same for other dialogues.

Ps: My PC has been working 40+ hours transcribing the audio files used only in sexual intercourse.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019
I see ILLGAMES winning only if there are continuous updates adding new mechanics and improving existing ones, that is, in the end we will see something more than AA2 with mods, although it feels like these developers are wearing tinfoil hats and they think that by doing nothing their game will be relevant. They don't even communicate with players, they don't make promises of updates if the game is bought, they just exist while modders do the work for them.
I agree. Well judging by the review on the DLsite, their paying customer overwhelmingly said they wanted new updates/contents and don't mind to pay for it, so you can count that they will churn out many new paid content (first being the 8 new voice/personality). I'm pretty sure the next big updates will be the studio add-ons.

For the communication side, Illusion games in the past usually have official channel in which the customer can contact them, and they have regular survey too, just that it's restricted to JP customer only. Games created in the past is more or less created with their JP customer in mind. Too bad they're having bad experience with western audience after "that" game fiasco years ago. With new name they should have more confidence and more open with communicating with their wester paid customer. I doubt it but we will see...

Reactions: RavenousRaven
Sep 3, 2019
There is an absurd amount of dialogues beside sex scenes, and well, I don't know if are unused or very specific to trigger.

There are dialogues about daily topics and such, normal conversations but there are a ton of variations of these dialogues, talking about different things each time and in different connotations.

Also there are hundreds of dialogues talking about events that already happen like going to work together, having sex with specific results, how dates went and so on.

Let me tell you, I was a modder when AA2 was released, this game without exaggeration has like 5x times the amount of dialogues in their audio packages, it feels way more that can be seen or trigger. But I mean, to begin with and as I mention before, the devs mess up the variables for sexual intercourse and due to this bug a lot of dialogues can't be trigger, could be the same for other dialogues.

Ps: My PC has been working 40+ hours transcribing the audio files used only in sexual intercourse.
Damn... I'm speechless.. so they're really going all out with this game huh.. so much so that I think they're lost in their own codes and creating many bugs... Even if the code isn't obfuscated, maybe the debugging process will be a nightmare...

Nymph Hunter

Jan 7, 2020

Heh, maybe we should treat this game as an "early access steam title" and if they are left to cook they can flesh it out.

Something made me believe the certain dialogues can only be triggered with "dark heart" trait, and since none of the standard girls have it they are probably have not been discovered yet? I'll try that when I manage to overcome my "lazyness in the heart" trait.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Heh, maybe we should treat this game as an "early access steam title" and if they are left to cook they can flesh it out.

Something made me believe the certain dialogues can only be triggered with "dark heart" trait, and since none of the standard girls have it they are probably have not been discovered yet? I'll try that when I manage to overcome my "lazyness in the heart" trait.
Some of them just seem like they might be really random though too so it's possible they just aren't really commonly used lines. For example if you tell a character to get along with you or that you want to get along with them they'll usually just give a you a generic "Okay" sort of line but every now and then they'll instead say something like "You really want to be my friend? Sure, let's get along from now on."

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes