Summer Vacation! Scrambled [ ILLGAMES ] サマバケ!すくらんぶる

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes

aboba54

Feb 22, 2021
Oh so it is interesting...

Here's my take on it:
Illumination is a freshly created, VR-focused company developing new version of the established title "VR-Kanojo" that created by Illusion in the past. So it seems that when the producer of VR Kanojo left Illusion years ago he get ahold of VR-Kanojo title, that was crazy because this is a successful title with great sales on Steam, so it seems like Illgames can't keep that title when they re-group, or maybe VR isn't really focus for Illgames so they let the producer get it maybe as one of the severance package. It's my wild speculation though.

One thing for sure is because Illumination crowdfounding for the production cost, looks like they don't have enough capital at the start, contrast with Illgames which have enough capital, and where I think most of the former talent from Illusion still gather. Illumination can recruit some veteran (one of it is main programmer 3D Custom Shoujo form Techarts 3D, now that brings back memories LOL) to join though, and they breakthrough 11million yen from the meager 2million yen target. That's a great achievement.

Still, talking about VR games, it's very niche market, and 3D eroge VR games is niche within niche within niche. Illumination takes a shot at this very small but dedicated market. I still remember when Illusion and some other companies aiming to dive in this market years ago, but only VR Kanojo survived longest. But even then, Illusion doesn't create new VR title, proving that while the sales of VR Kanojo is good, it doesn't generate enough cash to develop new VR title. And even now in 2024 there's basically no new 3D eroge VR games that as popular as VR Kanojo, even with all this computation and graphic progress, and the VR glass is getting cheaper and cheaper. So there lies a very huge challenge for Illumination going forward. I can only pray they don't fold out after VR Kanojo.

One little detail that I spot, both Illgames and Illumination, have "Ill" in their company names, so it looks like they can't escape their Illusion fate LOL. They can create a new fresh start with completely new name, only mentioning Illusion on their staff resume to inform that they indeed formed by former Illusion employee, but no, they decided to incorporated the Illusion wordplay and looks, so it seems like they really held their head high on their former companies. They're proud of their Illusion heritage.
The thing is, Illusion didn't give anyone their IP so it is like a dead weight. According to the Japanese laws if the company closses and doesn't transfer their IP, the ownership belongs to a creator so it might explain why Illumination has rights for VR Kanojo. The explanation for the studio name that I see is that Illumination still has some sort of ties with Illusion staff and Illgames.

Arasutaru

Feb 5, 2019
When is the game coming out? I only got hotspot so it might take awhile to download so omw just wondering when I should try downloading it

Sep 3, 2019
The thing is, Illusion didn't give anyone their IP so it is like a dead weight. According to the Japanese laws if the company closses and doesn't transfer their IP, the ownership belongs to a creator so it might explain why Illumination has rights for VR Kanojo.
Yeah Illusion is just closed/dissolved, not bankrupt or sold to other entities, so according to JP copyright laws all of its copyright is expired, maybe unless if the copyrights is owned by or transferred to other parties (creator). CMIIW though, I'm not law expert. So maybe Illgames can legally use title like Jinkou Shoujo (AG), Jinkou Gakuen (AA), Sexy Beach, or even Rapelay LOL. As for now though Illgames are using totally new title for their games, and only Illumination openly stated using Illusion's title on their upcoming games.

The explanation for the studio name that I see is that Illumination still has some sort of ties with Illusion staff and Illgames.
Yep they don't have bad bloods that's for sure LOL.

Oghenekaro

Apr 14, 2021
So 2 days ago...game worked fine.

Tried playing it again, jus stuck on endless load screen. Not sure why, when it was working fine a 2 days ago

Buzzurd

Oct 20, 2022
what is this mod? (they add something, or remove something)
Mostly accessories and some costumes, had same problem as the other guy with some preset parts not showing so i did a quick research and found some comments on Bepis saying this mod was necessary for a lot of new presets

gfdgdg

Jun 14, 2017
8 gigs of Ram is not ENOUGH. My pc went from using 1.3gb of ram to almost 8gb of ram before the game crashing.
There's a memory leak within the game, seems to only happen for a select few like me. Some people are saying its from the Tekito mod and others are saying its something from the HF patch, idk which so I'll just wait till another update comes out because this game should not be reaching 23 GB of Ram.

wedowedo

Aug 25, 2017
There's a memory leak within the game, seems to only happen for a select few like me. Some people are saying its from the Tekito mod and others are saying its something from the HF patch, idk which so I'll just wait till another update comes out because this game should not be reaching 23 GB of Ram.
I play without crash for week, then after I install HF patch that someone post before I get first crash. so at least for my case it is HF patch.

Bloodyhell

Aug 26, 2024
Guess I'll wait then too.

AbyssNova

Jul 1, 2022
I play without crash for week, then after I install HF patch that someone post before I get first crash. so at least for my case it is HF patch.
Most probably mods, after I installed HF the game took 20% extra RAM (32GB), with spikes if a character with lots of modded accesories loads on the map.

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes