Summer Vacation! Scrambled [ ILLGAMES ] サマバケ!すくらんぶる

3.70 star(s) 10 Votes

SiTWulf

Sep 10, 2020
I really don't understand Illusion, they are improving the graphics engine of their games a lot, but they have completely abandoned the AI, all the characters are flat and always repeat and repeat the same thing over and over again.
Even games created in Ren'Py have more realistic AI about what it's like to have a partner.
Even in this game having the Cheater trait does not generate any problems or inconveniences.
People don't enjoy the game, the only thing they are waiting for is DigitalCraft and similar to create their scenes, but they don't talk about the game, the mechanics, the only thing that is worth it is the character creator and the possibility of creating scenes with For them, the game itself does not contribute anything, it has no depth, it has no charisma, it has no sense or motive.
Honestly, I have more of a feeling of having a partner on Holiday Island (created in Ren'Py) than in this game.
Your partner does nothing more than accept everything you say, the position you want without having the slightest initiative or change of pose because he wants. They all act like robots accepting whatever whenever, you just have to take into account the percentage of the values and you can repeat and repeat a conversation a thousand times to get what you want, without changing anything in the base.

I don't know what couples are like in Japan, but it's very sad if they are how they are shown in this game.
Maybe I have created my characters poorly and they are all independent, but having a partner with a very high level of H Affinity and not being able to even greet you at the beginning of the day is something sad.

I apologize if something is written wrong, I am using Google Translator.

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
I really don't understand Illusion, they are improving the graphics engine of their games a lot, but they have completely abandoned the AI, all the characters are flat and always repeat and repeat the same thing over and over again.
Believe it or not it is all about demand and tolerance.
People demand visuals and as long as visuals are good/decent they tolerate even straight up scams(example: Fallen Doll) and "games" such as Wild Life that can be hardly called a game even after 7~8 years of "development". As long as people continue to demand only visuals and tolerate scams this trend will only continue to grow. In short, people are stupid and as a result of their stupidity we are getting trash games, "games" and scams.

Reactions: SiTWulf

acezero99

Nov 18, 2020
but they have completely abandoned the AI, all the characters are flat and always repeat and repeat the same thing over and over again.
I mean, the character interaction is mostly copy-paste of AA2, which most who know Illusion expected, along with evidence from the teasers. No one was expecting them to go above and beyond and innovate in this sort of stuff tbh. It's similar AI as AA2 but virtue values are probably lower for each level, making it really fast-paced with relationships (and cheating).

But also I noticed that some weird combination of personalities and traits have slightly more depth than AA2, but it's so rare (ex: a girl asking if you're single, if you say yes, she'll then proceed to ask if you want to be their lover. Some girls ask if you're feeling okay, if you say no, they'll offer a massage or encouragement).

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
I mean, the character interaction is mostly copy-paste of AA2, which most who know Illusion expected, along with evidence from the teasers. No one was expecting them to go above and beyond and innovate in this sort of stuff tbh.
Yeah, this really. I was just expecting return to form and that's what this was. Its just missing the two appends and many mods that greatly expanded AA2. Its been more than 10 years, afterall. (And a reshuffling of their company.) I don't blame them for taking a mulligan to get back in shape.

As long as when/if SVS2 gets made, it actually does go somewhere new, anyway.

Nymph Hunter

Jan 7, 2020
I don't know what couples are like in Japan, but it's very sad if they are how they are shown in this game.
I wouldn't worry about that, I can guarantee they are not fucking on the streets in the middle of the day after just meeting each other and speaking for 5 minutes. There are many slice of life visual novels that show realistic relationship between characters (ignoring tsundere/kuudere/chuuni or other trope based girls), ILLusion ones just rarely do.

battlebrother

Jan 25, 2019
Yeah, this really. I was just expecting return to form and that's what this was. Its just missing the two appends and many mods that greatly expanded AA2. Its been more than 10 years, afterall. (And a reshuffling of their company.) I don't blame them for taking a mulligan to get back in shape.

As long as when/if SVS2 gets made, it actually does go somewhere new, anyway.
If the modules from AA2 unlimited get ported over somehow to this game, it'll be all I could want and more. And maybe a bigger map cuz even with 12 people it is constantly crowded. We also definitely need some private rooms that aren't rabbit holes like the Infirmary was in AA2 and maybe gender specific ones like toilets and dressing rooms.

Nymph Hunter

Jan 7, 2020
LMAO @ オタク type actually looks better than the rest. お嬢様 doesn't looks like I'd imagined at all, and のんびり just straight up made me flacid. XD
I actually like のんびり gothic/suicide girls vibe with a choker too + kuudere. Not what I would describe as "nonbiri", but that is not really a downside. オタクlooks damn good. 無口 seems like a typical "hikikomori girl".

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Why is the HF Patch such a bitch to get hold of? Paywalling links and magnets that don't work. Whatever happened to simple click here to go to mega/pixel/workupload etc.

3.70 star(s) 10 Votes