Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Summer with Mia 2 [Ep.3] Multi-Mod (2.2) [ShaddyModda]

NightMovesUs

Feb 23, 2021
Newest chapter is out. Any idea of where to find it? I can't support the dev to get it because of covid restrictions and not returning to work yet. I noticed Inceton gets it removed immediately as soon as someone shares it on other sites. Any help would be appreciated.

kluh

Jul 6, 2017
There is no .bat file included in the mod anymore.
Is that something we don't need anymore for this mod to work properly?

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
There is no .bat file included in the mod anymore.
Is that something we don't need anymore for this mod to work properly?
yeah sorry forgot to remove that note. i'll do that now

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening Shaddy,

I tried to PM you but it's blocked.

I made an addon to the SWM2 multi-mod for personal use but don't mind sharing it with folks, but only if you approve. I can't provide it outside of the WT due to it modifying the same game script directly, making them incompatible if folks want both mods. To remedy this I made so it requires/mandates folks use your multi-mod (I called for your script's text color attributes so it will cause script error if your multi-mod is not installed). This forces proper credit goes to you as well. Saying all that It's also completely no worries if you'd rather I didn't share, I understand, no biggie.

Features: It removes the double dialogue text before each menu choice (super annoying) and also throws a colored hint in the text box whenever the bonus buttons appear. Looking up at top-right of each screen for the little red button reminded me of hunting for donuts in "that other game" except more annoying :). Here's a preview:

SWM2 SanchoMod BonusButton1.jpg

Kindest regards and be well sensai.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening Shaddy,

I tried to PM you but it's blocked.

I made an addon to the SWM2 multi-mod for personal use but don't mind sharing it with folks, but only if you approve. I can't provide it outside of the WT due to it modifying the same game script directly, making them incompatible if folks want both mods. To remedy this I made so it requires/mandates folks use your multi-mod (I called for your script's text color attributes so it will cause script error if your multi-mod is not installed). This forces proper credit goes to you as well. Saying all that It's also completely no worries if you'd rather I didn't share, I understand, no biggie.

Features: It removes the double dialogue text before each menu choice (super annoying) and also throws a colored hint in the text box whenever the bonus buttons appear. Looking up at top-right of each screen for the little red button reminded me of hunting for donuts in "that other game" except more annoying :). Here's a preview:

View attachment 1214997

Kindest regards and be well sensai.
Naw man, that's actually a good idea. Surprised I didn't think of it myself to be honest. Mind you I haven't actually PLAYED the game in several updates. However there is a way to do it without having to replace any files. Pass me the scripts, I'll code the initial for you and let you maintain it. This way my Mod will not be required.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Naw man, that's actually a good idea. Surprised I didn't think of it myself to be honest. Mind you I haven't actually PLAYED the game in several updates. However there is a way to do it without having to replace any files. Pass me the scripts, I'll code the initial for you and let you maintain it. This way my Mod will not be required.
I can initial the text colors, that's Mod101, that's not a problem, the problem lies in having to manually removing the double-text entries before each menu choice (which I've done) and coding the text for "switch_button" (I didn't worry about the "angle_button" button since it's easy to notice on screen as is). As a standalone mod I can do it but it wouldn't be compatible with your multi-mod since it modifies the same script.

I've attached so you can line compare it with yours. It's your WT w/ the mentioned addons already done. The attached is rpyc, you know the drill.

Reactions: ShaddyGames

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
To be clear, if I don't do it as an addon to your mod folks wouldn't be able to enjoy both mods at the same time. I can supply it solo w/ the walkthrough but without your blessing that would be a major dik move on my part as that's your work and you deserve that credit, hence why I proposed it as an addon and wrote it to require it. I can push it out without the WT but we know folks will ask for both. Just want to make sure you see where I'm coming from bud. I've been learning from you and the other top tier modders from the beginning, and not about to even consider stepping on your toes one bit.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
To be clear, if I don't do it as an addon to your mod folks wouldn't be able to enjoy both mods at the same time. I can supply it solo w/ the walkthrough but without your blessing that would be a major dik move on my part as that's your work and you deserve that credit, hence why I proposed it as an addon and wrote it to require it. I can push it out without the WT but we know folks will ask for both. Just want to make sure you see where I'm coming from bud. I've been learning from you and the other top tier modders from the beginning, and not about to even consider stepping on your toes one bit.
I'm cool with it. Pass a link to your post when you've officially posted it, and I'll add it to my mod thread.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm cool with it. Pass a link to your post when you've officially posted it, and I'll add it to my mod thread.
Will do sensai. BTW get this...I just breezed through it real quick and the dev made more than a few fubar's. Several of the images needed for the bonus switch_button to work in quite a few scenes aren't in the game package (images/bg/NC). Here's the first to throw error code:
Code:
    scene e1i1289
    with dissolve
    if persistent.bonus_active_ep3 or persistent.unlocked:
        $ current_scene_name = "e1i1289"
        show screen cheat_nc_switch_button
    m "I have nothing to say to you. So just go!"
    hide screen cheat_nc_switch_button
    hide screen cheat_nc_imgs
It calls for image "e1i1289_nc.jpg" which doesn't exist. It's not the only one, there are several missing. Ugh, guess I'll mod those so they don't call any image so end user doesn't get errors. These errors will happen to all players, even those with original script.