weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
I've replayed the game about 4 times now and I realised how weird the dialogue is sometimes, other times it's fine, serviceable and understandable but you can't shake the feeling that it's almost as if these people are saying their lines in formality and other times it just feels stiff and almost like you're reading a machine translated japanese light novel, I guess english isn't Ocean's Main language and that's understandable.
There's a mod in the main post which makes the language a lot better, even though there are still issues. The developer is German and really needs a native English speaker to translate for him as like you said the language is stilted as if run through a translator. It is especially noticeable for the lack of contractions.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Soundgfx

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
what is happining if we fail our mission with bellas neigbour?:oops:I mean too us? monkas or bella her mom or whatever

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Grelk

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Are the early sections going to be remade to match the look and fidelity of the more recent updates?
I think the remake thing only applies to where it all began.

Summer's gone is fairly new and has been fairly consistent with its design and character models

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
According to the change log, Chapter 3 remade the intro with a new Summer model.
Oh I never knew that.

That's interesting considering how much of a throwaway character summer is, unless she's not meant to be a throwaway and is actually meant to come back alive and well.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I think the remake thing only applies to where it all began.

Summer's gone is fairly new and has been fairly consistent with its design and character models
I just felt it would unify the game a bit if it was ever planned in the future. The redone opening scene and Summer flashbacks just felt a bit jarring especially placed in the start since they are more in the style of the recent updates. And even going from the early parts to later parts feels like a huge leap.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Soundgfx

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Oceanlab

If I remember correctly, you said that it is not intended to play the game with the IC patch.
That's perfectly ok and I personally have no problem with it at all.

Now, during my last playthrough, I noticed some things that don't really make sense without the patch.

The following:

During Victoria's rehabilitation, to which Maja called the MC, both Maja and Victoria are addressed by the therapist with the surname Frohn, which leads to the conclusion that they are siblings. All the time before, both were only treated as roommates. In the same way, it somehow doesn't fit with Maja's role as a roommate to bathe or take to rehab or otherwise care for the person with whom I share the flat - that's something that's more on the big sister track.

Nojiko Landlady? Role model? Mother?
When the MC is at Bella's, he tells her that his landlady has made an appointment with a psychiatrist. At Victoria's rehab, however, the MC asks himself what would have happened if he hadn't been sent to the baker by his mother (mom). Mother, not landlady. If the MC and Nami were adopted by Nojiko, it is not unreasonable for both of them to refer to Nojiko as their mother and not as their landlady. But that's something you have to watch out for on Patreon.

Where is the problem even without the IC patch making Vic and Maja siblings? Or Bella and her missing "friend". Currently, the mishmash of both is just confusing.

Reactions: B-52reloaded
May 18, 2019
Oceanlab

If I remember correctly, you said that it is not intended to play the game with the IC patch.
That's perfectly ok and I personally have no problem with it at all.

Now, during my last playthrough, I noticed some things that don't really make sense without the patch.

The following:

During Victoria's rehabilitation, to which Maja called the MC, both Maja and Victoria are addressed by the therapist with the surname Frohn, which leads to the conclusion that they are siblings. All the time before, both were only treated as roommates. In the same way, it somehow doesn't fit with Maja's role as a roommate to bathe or take to rehab or otherwise care for the person with whom I share the flat - that's something that's more on the big sister track.

Nojiko Landlady? Role model? Mother?
When the MC is at Bella's, he tells her that his landlady has made an appointment with a psychiatrist. At Victoria's rehab, however, the MC asks himself what would have happened if he hadn't been sent to the baker by his mother (mom). Mother, not landlady. If the MC and Nami were adopted by Nojiko, it is not unreasonable for both of them to refer to Nojiko as their mother and not as their landlady. But that's something you have to watch out for on Patreon.

Where is the problem even without the IC patch making Vic and Maja siblings? Or Bella and her missing "friend". Currently, the mishmash of both is just confusing.
I think as a developer he is supposed to say this or Patreon would get on his ass. (Heard about devs getting banned from Patreon for talking about the patch.)
These patches exist for a reason, and I am sure it was always meant to be played with the Patch, and the normal version is there to please Patreon.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
I think as a developer he is supposed to say this or Patreon would get on his ass. (Heard about devs getting banned from Patreon for talking about the patch.)
These patches exist for a reason, and I am sure it was always meant to be played with the Patch, and the normal version is there to please Patreon.
I think if it was made to be played with a patch then there would be an official patch, there isn't.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
You do realise the patch is just fan made right? So no it really isn't meant to be played with the patch..

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Kansier and Meushi

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
You do realise the patch is just fan made right? So no it really isn't meant to be played with the patch..
Because absolutely NOTHING in the story would even remotely suggest Nami is your family and you live with your guardian of some sort. Young kids who lost their parents are often thrown in with random "Landlords"

C'mon get real. The relationships are intended.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Because absolutely NOTHING in the story would even remotely suggest Nami is your family and you live with your guardian of some sort. Young kids who lost their parents are often thrown in with random "Landlords"

C'mon get real. The relationships are intended.
Well since there is no official patch from the dev, the story doesn't actually contain any incest.. but of course it's up to the player if they really wanna see it as incest or not since it's not written that way by the dev, just a fan made patch.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Well since there is no official patch from the dev, the story doesn't actually contain any incest.. but of course it's up to the player if they really wanna see it as incest or not since it's not written that way by the dev, just a fan made patch.
Summers gone itch.PNG
On the official page for Summer's Gone on Itch could you kindly tell me what it says inside the red circles.... I forgot my glasses

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes