UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Well since there is no official patch from the dev, the story doesn't actually contain any incest.. but of course it's up to the player if they really wanna see it as incest or not since it's not written that way by the dev, just a fan made patch.
The author can neither provide nor support the fan made patch, without encountering the patreon ban hammer. Nor can the developer comment on how the patch might fit into his/her original view of the story. In this context the dev is NOT free to write the story as he/she might without patreon's "help".
Wake up...

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Also, lets be real. Who do you think is creating the incest patches in games like this? It's the dev under a different name, as a way to get around Patreon's censorship.

Everything about the context of their relationship suggests that Nami and the MC are brother and sister. If you want to believe they're not for your own head cannon that's totally fine. But it's not what the dev intends when writing the story, which is why there are slipups that happen, like in post #5,960.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Who gives a shit about blood relationship

It's not like that's stopping yall from trying to bang them anyway. And it doesn't really matter anyway since nojiko adopted both nami and the mc and she is stated to be legally their guardian. Nami and the mc's blood relation all depends on you anyway. Either they're childhood friends living under the same roof or they're siblings.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Blood relationship won't matter in terms of trying to bang them, but having a clear relationship between the characters helps with establishing who they are and understanding their future actions. Being blood-related may or may not even matter in the grand scheme of things, but it could tell a lot about the characters and their relationship.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I think as a developer he is supposed to say this or Patreon would get on his ass. (Heard about devs getting banned from Patreon for talking about the patch.)
These patches exist for a reason, and I am sure it was always meant to be played with the Patch, and the normal version is there to please Patreon.
It's almost like these people are moles for Patreon trying to get the developer to admit in print that the game is supposed to be incestuous so that Patreon can ban the game.

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
Victoria and Maja could be cousins or even more distantly related members of the Frohn clan. Or one (or both) might be the daughter of a lady who married into the Frohn family and whose husband adopted their child, fathered by a different man, and the child then taken their stepfather's surname. (There are other scenarios in which Vic and Maja could share the Frohn surname and be very distantly related or completely unrelated one to the other. ) Nojiko doesn't look in the slightest bit like either the MC or Nami nor do the MC and Nami resemble each other either, not in the slightest, physically. In the unpatched game that I play Nojiko is obviously a wonderfully compassionate lady who took in and fostered the MC and Nami, after their (different) parents passed away, and is completely unrelated to both of her wards. As I play the game there is no evidence of incest anywhere in Summer's Gone, but then I'm not an incest aficionado and not rooting around trying to discover/uncover expressions of the incest trope, expectantly, as a coded subtext (or whatever) hidden somewhere in the story.

I just enjoy the hell out of the visual novel as it is and leave it at that without personal projections or injections.

Why muddy the waters and complicate things unnecessarily?

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon7

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Victoria and Maja could be cousins or even more distantly related members of the Frohn clan. Or one (or both) might be the daughter (or daughters) of a lady (or ladies) who married into the Frohn family and whose husband adopted their child and the child then took their stepfather's name. (There are other scenarios in which Vic and Maja could share the Frohn surname and be very distantly related or completely unrelated.) Nojiko doesn't look in the least bit like either the MC or Nami, nor do the MC and Nami resemble each other, in the slightest, physically: in the unpatched game that I play Nojiko is obviously a lady who took in and fostered the MC and Nami after their (different) parents passed away completely unrelated to her wards. As I play the game there is no evidence of incest in Summer's Gone, not a shred, but then I'm not an incest aficionado and neither trying to discover the trope, expectantly, or trying to discover it in the form of a coded subtext which isn't actually there to find.

I just enjoy the hell out of the visual novel as it is and leave it at that without projections.

Why muddy the waters and complicate things unnecessarily?
I play the game unmodded too.

I was just saying that some relationships between the characters would make more sense and work better if these are more familiary. Like Bellas friend, or Maja and Vic.

Nojiko is clearly not the mother of Nami or the MC, that is beyound question. The problem is a loophole as the MC thinks about Nojiko as his mother, that is just confusing. Being a foster mom and and called mother is absolutly fine and would work well if the MC would not talk about Nojiko as a landlandy in Bellas room.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't want by any means that this game get incest, if someone want this kink, i am fine with it - they should go and play a other game, There are a lot of it out here. I just want to get rid of some little continuity errors. Nothing more. :)

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Oceanlab

If I remember correctly, you said that it is not intended to play the game with the IC patch.
That's perfectly ok and I personally have no problem with it at all.

Now, during my last playthrough, I noticed some things that don't really make sense without the patch.

The following:

During Victoria's rehabilitation, to which Maja called the MC, both Maja and Victoria are addressed by the therapist with the surname Frohn, which leads to the conclusion that they are siblings. All the time before, both were only treated as roommates. In the same way, it somehow doesn't fit with Maja's role as a roommate to bathe or take to rehab or otherwise care for the person with whom I share the flat - that's something that's more on the big sister track.

Nojiko Landlady? Role model? Mother?
When the MC is at Bella's, he tells her that his landlady has made an appointment with a psychiatrist. At Victoria's rehab, however, the MC asks himself what would have happened if he hadn't been sent to the baker by his mother (mom). Mother, not landlady. If the MC and Nami were adopted by Nojiko, it is not unreasonable for both of them to refer to Nojiko as their mother and not as their landlady. But that's something you have to watch out for on Patreon.

Where is the problem even without the IC patch making Vic and Maja siblings? Or Bella and her missing "friend". Currently, the mishmash of both is just confusing.
I think that's more to do with the Dev's grasp of English rather than something else.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mortarion

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Here's his answer from the WIAB thread, regarding both games.

"Rule #1: Never give an estimate until the update is done.

Close tho.
"
Ain't that the general rule of thumb for almost every other developer building their games under their players' feet

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes