Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
From the dev, early on in this thread:
Neat. I wonder if that still holds true, though. That was back when Regium was making the game, even if he was using Oceanlab's story. Kinda wonder how much of what he said was what he wanted to do as opposed to what Oceanlab had planned.

EDIT: Although, I guess the very fact that Vic is doing the therapy means there is some possiblity of her regaining use of her legs. Wouldn't be putting her through that otherwise.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Yes, and before that he posted a dev log in April, my point being he doesn't post regular updates. People like DPC post weekly updates with what they have been working on as do many others.
I do post regular updates. My own schedule of one big Dev log a month with 3-10 preview images.

Just because other people do something, doesn't mean I have to do it.

The problem I have with multiple dev logs is that after the second one, you start to kinda spam your Patreons with repeated info.

I like to collect information and create bigger status updates. Or do a second log in a month where I share important info.

But I do get your point about the weekly thingies, it involves the player a little more and gives him the feeling that there is actual progress.
Also, I could mention the total render count every week- which would also give the Patreons a feeling of "He is working."

I will do a poll on Patreon after the upcoming update- if they prefer one big dev log or multiple smaller ones.

Scrubberino

Aug 9, 2019
I still think I'm right but I'm not above saying it's a hundred percent right, I may be wrong too but it's going to be likely that it is what's going to happen judging from how the story is flowing.
I'm kinda hoping for the ass-talking to be the case here, but who knows.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Soundgfx

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I do post regular updates. My own schedule of one big Dev log a month with 3-10 preview images.

The problem I have with multiple dev logs is that after the second one, you start to kinda spam your Patreons with repeated info.

I like to collect information and create bigger status updates. Or do a second log in a month where I share important info.

But I do get your point about the weekly thingies, it involves the player a little more and gives him the feeling that there is actual progress.
Also, I could mention the total render count every week- which would also give the Patreons a feeling of "He is working."

I will do a poll on Patreon after the upcoming update- if they prefer one big dev log or multiple smaller ones.
do not do the weakly thing! if something does not work you will be tagged with that number of scenes and renders that will be deleted afterwards! or even worse you will include them and that will create too many variables in the story!

just tell your story, that`s what we are here for anyway!

rerderrum

May 4, 2018
I prefer one big dev log, otherwise it is repeated information like you said. You cannot do that much in 5 days of work, but maybe a render count is a good idea. There is a common trick used by programmers if customers complain the software is taking to long - just add a progress bar, and suddenly no complains anymore. Always worked like a charm.

Reactions: ju1zzed

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
I, personally, prefer smaller dev logs because it reduces the amount of shit you have to read about "how the update is coming".
If you give weekly updates, no matter how small or how actually useful the info is... you shut up a lot of non-sense that can hurt the confidence in the dev or the game.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
It doesn't even have to be weekly, I just think small regular updates just shows that progress is being made, even if it's as simple as I worked on x amount of animations and x amount of renders this week and just a general update. It helps build a community as well when the dev is interactive.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
do not do the weakly thing! if something does not work you will be tagged with that number of scenes and renders that will be deleted afterwards! or even worse you will include them and that will create too many variables in the story!

just tell your story, that`s what we are here for anyway!
That's true man, the weekly thing is only going to hype your audience up so much that if something doesn't go according to plan people will start bombing you with dates and progress meters you yourself set up.

gaunterodimm

May 12, 2020
As a non-patron,what I am about to say may carry no weight at all but in my opinion it should be big updates.As Viatovic said,"it reduces the amount of shit you have to read" and you may actually end up not going for the route you once told your audience that you were on,plans can change.But on the other hand,you need to hype the players up for the upcoming release and show that you are working your ass off so as to shut some never satisfied cocksuckers up.I love how you are dedicated for your work but sometimes it is better to stand up and slam your fist on the table instead of remaining your silence.

Reactions: mojococo and Tavi13

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Not all stories can be updated weakly in a realistic fashion. Imagine cutting right in the middle of heartbreaking scene. That is not making a cliffhanger, that is ruining the scene.

Some novels' structure allow for faster others for slower.

Hope we can see what is going on with Bella and babes soon...

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Not all stories can be updated weakly in a realistic fashion. Imagine cutting right in the middle of heartbreaking scene. That is not making a cliffhanger, that is ruining the scene.

Some novels' structure allow for faster others for slower.

Hope we can see what is going on with Bella and babes soon...
Yes i want to see what is going to happen om our date and if Bella finally opens up about her little sister

Sep 3, 2020

oh my fucking God you know how I said the changing room scene with Bella is my favorite moment because it was like their hearts were talking to each other without any words

well I was playing Summer's Gone again today and guess what I found

it was just for a second but look at the way they

are looking at each other

that is not just physical attraction feels like something beyond that

I feel like
the connection between Bella and the mc could shake the very Earth itself

I would truly give my right arm right now to know what Bella and the mc are thinking
screenshot0001.png

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I'm not a patron, but tbh, I prefer bigger status updates.
Personally prefer it when Devs give more info regarding the update, then frequent regular snippets of status update.

But I guess it's gonna depend on how the patrons vote in their poll.

But regardless of how that goes, can't help but feel stoked about the coming update.
Really miss seeing Bella, Nami, and the others.

Sep 3, 2020
I'm not a patron, but tbh, I prefer bigger status updates.
Personally prefer it when Devs give more info regarding the update, then frequent regular snippets of status update.

But I guess it's gonna depend on how the patrons vote in their poll.

But regardless of how that goes, can't help but feel stoked about the coming update.
Really miss seeing Bella, Nami, and the others.
to tell you the truth my brother I'm kind of nervous and excited about our date with Bella

remember what Bella mom told us

it may not have started as a real date at first but depending on our choices it can turn into a real date I hope we don't screw it up

I'm really looking forward to talking to Bella and getting to know her

and I'm hoping we get the option to bring her yellow flowers Bella loves yellow flowers

maxxlim

Mar 14, 2021

So.... When is the next episode coming out?

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes