• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch. 5 Beta] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
Doing some accounting with the assistant @ the country cabin... Sounds like that VN is writing itself :-D

• Haha
Reactions: BrownOwl

MilfyAces

Nov 12, 2018
Sancho, as we always say: take your time, that game won't disappear and we'll wait as long as needed.
Summer's Gone is one of my favorites, but with a proper Sancho mod is even better!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Doing some accounting with the assistant @ the country cabin... Sounds like that VN is writing itself :-D
Well... that "MC" ain't no pansy-ass like most VN's and she.... didn't know the reason why I'm in my current deadline situation so there wouldn't had been any drama either. With that said and me not going too deep into my personal affairs, she's one of the sharpest pencils in the pack of admin help I've had over the years and asked me earlier why I'm spending time coding so much and not simply contracting the job out if I need some custom software. I'm not about to lie to her, we have too outstanding of a relp that's built on loyal trust so I had to spill the beans... this ain't "custom finance software". Let's just say I've been getting a ration of shit all afternoon over it... as expected I guess.

But I've got a plan. I just sent her upstairs to grab a shower and I've fired-up one of my laptops with some VN's with SanchoMod and shortcuts to netflix and hbo apps as backup the plan. Since they are listed alphabetically I put underscores in front of the folder names of "Leap of Faith" and "Chasing Sunsets" so they'd be listed first. I've got her a glass of wine sitting beside it and when she gets back down to the studio/office I'll tell her to fire one of them up and just see for herself (she has no idea what a VN even is tbh) or neflix and chill for a bit. I have no idea how this will go but I'm grilling ribeyes tonight anyway so I'll keep that wine glass of hers full enough to get her off my back about my spare time "non-profit side project". So, you're right, it's playing out like a shitty scene of a VN in a way. I've got myself into quite a pickle here. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho, as we always say: take your time, that game won't disappear and we'll wait as long as needed.
Summer's Gone is one of my favorites, but with a proper Sancho mod is even better!
We've called it a day on my IRL accounting work. I'm about to get back to the this project now and will only stop for a bit later to grill some dinner.

What a tangled web I've now weaved. Something in all of this will almost certainly backfire, ain't it? I'll probably have to file an extension on the corp taxes either way... 4 days left.

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
But I've got a plan. I just sent her upstairs to grab a shower and I've fired-up one of my laptops with some VN's with SanchoMod and shortcuts to netflix and hbo apps as backup the plan. Since they are listed alphabetically I put underscores in front of the folder names of "Leap of Faith" and "Chasing Sunsets" so they'd be listed first. I've got her a glass of wine sitting beside it and when she gets back down to the studio/office I'll tell her to fire one of them up and just see for herself (she has no idea what a VN even is tbh) or neflix and chill for a bit. I have no idea how this will go but I'm grilling ribeyes tonight anyway so I'll keep that wine glass of hers full enough to get her off my back about my spare time "non-profit side project". So, you're right, it's playing out like a shitty scene of a VN in a way. I've got myself into quite a pickle here. :ROFLMAO:
You should have started her off with "Summer's gone" :-D no XXX stuff
How did she respond? :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikhail Blk

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You should have started her off with "Summer's gone" :-D no XXX stuff
How did she respond? :LOL:
... not "exactly" as I planned. Nothing bad but I dealt with some mockery as I worked a bit longer while she chose netflix instead.

Otherwise folks, we've quit working on my accounting pile for the day and I've been back on this update. It's a bit tedious since I basically had to rewrite the entire ChoiceGuide due to the rewrite but it is what it is. I've taken the liberty of placing in a "Path" stat under Player. This is tentative but will give you an idea of where you're likely headed. Since there's no true path variables yet I'm using combinations to check the state as you play.... here's an example:
1678663544217.png
Note I've made a Chapter stat too... just for shits and giggles while I was at it.

I'm going to keep this post short and get back to it. I have to finish this since I still have "Radiant" halfway updated and folks are waiting on it... plus "Tainted" just dropped an update this morning that I need to start as well. Aint gonna lie... I'm feeling a tad bit of pressure at this point... three days and everything could blowup.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Dev got cute and is starting to make hotspots now... but we've got this covered. I'll have the MiniStat's XtraInfo during these times so when you hover the cursor over a "choice" it will at least give you some detail of what you might can expect by choosing it. You know the drill if you've previously played a SanchoMod with a FreeRoam guide in it. I'll keep it simple, no need to be too elaborate since no really knows what these new variables do just yet:
1678669473415.png 1678669605236.png

BTW, how 'bout them shot glasses?
1678670615551.png

Last edited:

dking239

Jul 1, 2017
Quick question will your mod be compatible with the Music restoration Mod because the new music mostly sucks

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Quick question will your mod be compatible with the Music restoration Mod because the new music mostly sucks
Don't think it is since it's also not compatible with scrappy. Something about the usage of the same files to adapt.

I'm just hoping Sancho got some time left and make his own music mod which ofc will be compatible ;)
He's done an awesome job for Leap of Faith and BaDIK as well.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Don't think it is since it's also not compatible with scrappy. Something about the usage of the same files to adapt.

I'm just hoping Sancho got some time left and make his own music mod which ofc will be compatible ;)
He's done an awesome job for Leap of Faith and BaDIK as well.
Good evening. Compatibility is almost certainly a no-go... due to exactly what Klopdwerg suggested. Otherwise I eyeballed the changes but seeing that more music was added than removed, plus the rewrites place the music in different places, I'm not really seeing anyway to have a proper music revert. It would all be speculation and would change anyway as the dev continues to rewrite the previous chapters. He's not just updating the images, he's rewriting dialogue, transitions, etc. That's my initial take. I'll take a closer look once I get the mod updated, and get the other 3 VN's updated that have dropped since my "fully taxed" issues came to a head.

That said, we worked eleven hours straight again today and got the accounting to the point of final review (which she will do this evening) leaving me (hopefully) of simply placing the template amounts we have into the proper forms tomorrow. This is me saying I'm done working IRL problems as of this moment for the remainder of the evening, fixing to pour the first Crown, and hopefully knock this VN out and have it in your hands before I crash.

Off the top of my head (I'm not in the studio, on a different system so I don't have my notes) I'm certain that last night around midnight I finished the ChoiceGuide, SanchoGallery, testing the new Core porting, updated the Stats, etc. I was left with final testing of the update's final pathing forks to insure integrity and finalizing the MiniStat choreography (which has been very time consuming to do for this VN). Anyway, this is becoming a wall of text so I'll leave you with that summary and get to it while it's still not sunset 'round here yet.

Hopefully I'll have it to y'all this evening sometime. That's the goal. Then I'm on to finishing "Radiant", then initiating "Tainted", so I can then start updating "Sunshine Love" (which I heard had a shit-ton of changes/new content I have to go through). I haven't been this backlogged before... it sucks, I know it, but know I'm doing my best considering the circumstances... and my PA hasn't got fed up yet as a bonus

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
... I forgot to mention... the dev didn't release a bug-free experience. There's missing images, broken OEM gallery scenes, duplicated image names which call the wrong image at the wrong time (oddly enough two of them are the very last images the player sees before the "save here" screen), etc. I'm fixing the image issues I've caught that are beyond silly to keep the experience intact.. so the mod will be a bit larger due to me providing the corrected image files. Regarding the dev's gallery I'm not going to take the time to fix it. He'll figure it out... he has to. He rewrote Chapter 1 but left old some old scene in his gallery so they are totally borked. I don't have the luxury of additional time to sort it for him in this case, but SanchoGallery is already conformed to the rewrites of course. Anyway, just know that I've squished as many of the dev's bugs a possible except his gallery fubars. I don't use his gallery anyway personally.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Sigh, so I shouldn't hold my breath for an update to Tainted any time soon.

ghosthog

Feb 21, 2019
Hopefully I'll have it to y'all this evening sometime. That's the goal. Then I'm on to finishing "Radiant", then initiating "Tainted", so I can then start updating "Sunshine Love" (which I heard had a shit-ton of changes/new content I have to go through). I haven't been this backlogged before... it sucks, I know it, but know I'm doing my best considering the circumstances... and my PA hasn't got fed up yet as a bonus
I must say you're a gentleman of taste. It seems I mostly play the games you are modding for and I honestly don't have the time to play them without your mods. Thanks for all you do sir! Back in the day I used to play just about everything Zoey did a walkthrough for and you've completely replaced them now except for one game I think.

• Love
Reactions: Sancho1969

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
Sigh, so I shouldn't hold my breath for an update to Tainted any time soon.
Keeping in mind that he had some important IRL stuff to take care of, I'd cut him some slack... he does this all for free.
True, in most cases it takes longer until you see a sancho mod update in comparison to other mods on this forum.
But when you look at what he delivers, and all the time and effort he puts into it for our sakes, it really shows imho.

Because of the IRL stuff he's a bit behind on updating mods, he'll get to it eventually.
He still has "Summer's Gone", "Radiant", "LustyVerse", "Tainted" and "Sunshine Love" to finish, and those are the games I know about, he might have more...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok folks... I could tweak details for another week so I'm calling it here. Like last time leave your QuckSlot(1) open since I'm taking it anyway:
1678754345198.png

Give me some time to pour another adult beverage, clean up all the code in the mod (housekeeping), then package it up so I can benchtest it on several devices. If that goes as planned I'll push out links and make a post with summarized changelog. Thank y'all again for your patience as IRL issues have me by the balls. Be back in a bit...

Reactions: Caryland

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Ok folks... I could tweak details for another week so I'm calling it here. Like last time leave your QuckSlot(1) open since I'm taking it anyway:

Give me some time to pour another adult beverage, clean up all the code in the mod (housekeeping), then package it up so I can benchtest it on several devices. If that goes as planned I'll push out links and make a post with summarized changelog. Thank y'all again for your patience as IRL issues have me by the balls. Be back in a bit...
(y) *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It has passed my integrity testing.... prepare to get you some...

Need a bit to create links, upload the goods, edit posts, make new post, etc.... 10MB coming at ya in a bit (I couldn't make it any smaller)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod v7 Core Specific - Generic post describing how the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod v7 Core Specific - Sancho's HotKeys:

Added all the latest HotKeys.
Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity,
  • Alt+ArrowKeys (up/down adjust dia text size, left/right adjust diabox opacity, same as within SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "g" (toggles the ChoiceGuide On/Off)
  • Lower-case "m" (toggles the MiniStat On/Off)
  • Lower-case "s" (toggles the in-game SanchoStats window, not the MiniStat but the larger in-game stat screen)
  • Lower-case "q" (toggles the QuickMenu On/Off, retains the customized size/color you set in SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "o" (toggles SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "c" (toggles SanchoCheats)
  • Lower-case "x" (clears stuck notifications)
These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes