PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
It'll be interesting to see how Ocean approaches the first scene with intimacy. With how much character building has happened, the scene will have to line up with the mindset of the MC and their partner (at this point in time at least). Can't just have them "alright, im good. lets get it!". Although, there's probably still awhile to go before that becomes a thing to worry about. Still more story to build character growth.
I actually think that the first intimate sex scene will be with Amber at the cabin.

I've posted my thoughts on this before, so I won't reiterate all of them, but I see the cabin visit as the doorway to sex for the MC with any of his LIs.

He is fixated on Summer and has said that he can get excited by thinking about her (although Nami has had some success in getting him excited).

If Amber roleplays as Summer, the encounter could lead to intimacy (particularly if she very committed to the roleplay and he is lost in the memory of intimacy with Summer). Amber could end up with a major choice: choose to stay in or break character as part of how far to take the roleplay.

Imagine a sex scene that starts with Summer (has to stay PG here - they were underage at the time) and as it progresses from a past memory to a present event, the MC finds himself as an adult enjoying some level of physical intimacy with Amber. I can imagine him deep kissing Summer and closing his eyes, getting lost in the memory and sensation of being with her, then opening his eyes as sensations peak and he finds himself making out with a disheveled Amber who did not want to end the recall prematurely for fear of hurting the MC.

I also think that therapy with Amber will continue beyond this event and part of that will be Amber reassuring the MC that he did nothing wrong - everything that happened was with her consent and essential to his healing. I think that this event opens the door to a relationship with Amber (nothing declared but - foundational - important for something longer lasting if Amber is to eventually become an LI).

How all this plays out with Bella will be interesting since Bella likes to read Amber's notes on patient visits and the cabin visit will be something Bella will definitely be on the lookout for.

Here, I think the MC will advise Amber about this so she can amend her notes on the cabin visit as she needs to, particularly in regard to any intimacy that occurred.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: Niuul and yossa999

FutureHNDXXX

May 14, 2019

Hello,

So...

I finally got the invoice from the music artist whose song I needed for the Vic Cinematic in Chapter 1.

And I also already finished the entire cinematic. It's 1:05 minutes long.

I really like the ambiance of it.

I'm going to preview the cinematic with the release announcement, as I know not everyone is going to play through the beginning again.

I've spent some time with Iray Servers in the past couple of days, and at the beginning, it looked like I found the solution to my loading times, but then it didn't render a single render overnight... I don't know why but I'm not going to spend more time on it until both SG and WiAB are released.

I'll need to figure out what went wrong.

Phone
While doing the Vic cinematic, I worked on the phone during the WiAB days... Thanks to my boy Eni, we managed to make quite some progress.

The goal for Chapter 5 is, to create a basic phone and functionality. The polishing will continue during Season 2. (More apps, etc.)

Here's a WIP look at the Contacts App. (Cursor hovering over Mila.)

Phone_1.png

You've got your Fast-Access navigation bar at the bottom to fast-access apps. (At some point you can configure the NavBar yourself.)

If a person is a member of a college, it'll show so on the right. You can also see a status.

Below the ZPR, I'll add a fast access button for the upcoming Bio app.

Chats
Regarding the chats...

At first, it was planned to code them in and let Renpy use auto-adjustable bubbles, etc.

But I think it looks bad and leaves a lot of potential behind.

So I do what I always do and go a step further... There are now three different variations of Chat bubbles.

A beginning, middle, and end part to make them really appealing to the eye.

Pro:

- It looks great and highly customizable.

Con:

- I have to create every single message by hand. Adjust the size, length, and height of each bubble. Also, I have to keep track of what type of bubble to use.

But that's alright.

We're doing it the right way, or not at all.

I would preview it but I don't have them in the game yet. (That happens when I arrive at said point during testing.)

For the release, you'll get a working Contacts, Chat & Aurora App. Aurora is similar to Instagram.

As time goes on, more and more profiles will be added to Aurora.

The phone is ALWAYS accessible, which might prove a challenge but will enhance the experience a lot down the line.

And here's a single preview because I feel weird without showing at least one...

Thongy.png

The release weeks are always very stressful and my mental health always suffers... After the last double release, I swore to not let it happen again, but moving across the country affected me.

And well, here we go again... A double release with an upcoming move.

I'm sick of my 2-room apartment... It's impossible to have a living room and sit down with people if my loud-ass PCs keep emulating tornado sounds.

On the other side, I don't want to stop rendering either... Because the Games >>>> Human connection.

So yeah, I got myself a 3-room apartment, which also gives me the possibility to tax-deduct one room as an office. That's really awesome.

The good news, the new place is in the same building, but it's still straining my mind combined with the double release and all the stress that comes with it...

We're so close.

- Ocean

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
My guess is Nia. There's a hangout with her next ep and wouldn't be surprising if Nami was there too.
hair seems a bit too dark. unless it's one of those white/gold blue/black lighting tricks or I'm going blind. and the hangout with Nia is at Nia's place but this looks like the couch in the living room of MC's house. could be the remake of Ch. 2 scene where Ayua paints Nami but Nami looks a bit overdressed for that and hair still doesn't look right

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
- I have to create every single message by hand. Adjust the size, length, and height of each bubble. Also, I have to keep track of what type of bubble to use.
Bro can code a basic gui emulating a phone but can't create a simple algo that computes the dimensions of the text bubbles? If you know 40 characters is the upper limit before a new line, for ex., creating a basic program to automate this shouldn't be difficult.

Adjusting it's background color and manipulating it's orientation to emulate differences between the sender & receiver similar to modern phones also shouldn't be difficult.

Hope dude has a friend or something to throw him a bone because that hurdle shouldn't even qualify as a speed bump and a simple program like this would apparently save him quite a bit of time. Smarter, not harder.

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if ChatGPT could spit this program out.

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes