yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
What amazes me the most is how good the facial expressions of the characters are. It expresses various emotions and feelings with a simple movement of the eyebrow or a slight movement of the corner of the mouth. For example, Vanessa, after playing tennis, when the MC accused her of trying to fool him. One moment she's annoyed and stern, the next moment she's open and friendly, and all it took was a slight change in the angle of her shoulders and a little smile to show that she had been acting before and now she had cut the act.
In most games I've seen, this aspect is left out or exaggerated, making the characters look like clowns.

Vixen ♀

Dec 23, 2021
DirtyMario
Shrek was just memeing to someone else :LUL:

Though I'm not sure how to put it down to floor a scoring scheme for renders, but in a nutshell, probably something consist from following key points (from user perspective, since I'm not familiar with technical terms for that):
1) Evolution of 3D models - self explanatory, such as characters design and it development towards rendering process depending on engine.
2) Environment level of details - this is main part and takes in-depth to understand lighting, texturing, colors and effects to bring environments to life (visual/auditory).
3) Aesthetics - Optional, beauty standards in-game and characters structure (hair, eyes, nose, facial and such, you get the point) and voices if included.
4) Animations/Transitions/Cinematics - The heavy work which I assume and takes time, provides more immersive detail and expression view to the story.
5) Closing/Value personal - Bonus point to whatever user feels sentiment overall to render completion.

In my eyes, I've declared score 3 out 5 because of issues 2) and 4)
Why's that if you may wonder? As PashafromRussia pointed out above, there are some mistakes apart from that during chapters which Ocean didn't intended on purpose when was doing rework which I will not point out as stated in initial quote:
it's heavy subjectively and biased.
But at this point, I can say already that I'm satisfied with his last changes towards rendering with DAZ. That's it, He would need to replace already old ones with newest and to some extent maybe improve or add more cinematic as well. I felt compelled to give additional point to it since I love the details of renders Ocean that does.

Right right, benefit of doubt (not that I care, but I do since this is the game I've played and looking forward to)
Thanks, I hope with time it would help with level of trust :)

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
jeez 4 pages of complaining about renders. Not same style but Jeff & Mutt + Caridbis renders are pretty good.
Well yea, it's arguably even harder to make HS models look any kind of hot so kudos there.
I love those games (as you can see by my sig) but that's apples & oranges.

EDIT: Now that it's out I wonder when we'll see the first game using Room Girl models.

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Was Summoned
Do I expect warnings and thread bans? Maybe.
Let's see what users are chatting about the last few pages.

EDIT: What have I said countless times
See a Troll don't respond just simply hit the report button.

Never have I deleted so many posts

Please Stay on Topic, I don't want to ban anyone today.

Last edited:

Cahmon

Jul 24, 2021
To ignore the trolls...

I recently stumbled across something that someone might've spotted. In the background this looks like Sasha and Dwight talking and entering campus together

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And this is potentially Ayua and Dwight in the back walking around campus?

We know that Sasha and Ayua have some sort of friendship so this all seems to align. What do we think is the relationship between them all? Maybe Dwight and Sasha are siblings and Sasha knows Ayua through Dwight?

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
To ignore the trolls...

I recently stumbled across something that someone might've spotted. In the background this looks like Sasha and Dwight talking and entering campus together

We know that Sasha and Ayua have some sort of friendship so this all seems to align. What do we think is the relationship between them all? Maybe Dwight and Sasha are siblings and Sasha knows Ayua through Dwight?
You, sir, are something else. I replayed it recently hoping to find interesting things/clues and I didn't. Turns out I just suck at it, but you have an exceptional eye for detail.

Sir. Cockalot

Oct 11, 2018
To ignore the trolls...

How meny replays did it take you to notice that?

John Ness

Feb 23, 2021
This thread is surprisingly silent, are the fans run out of steam? Then let's hope that Ocean manages to release an update this month, or a little later, what he considered possible. That will be a small miracle and a pleasant surprise, also new fuel for this thread.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
This thread is surprisingly silent, are the fans run out of steam? Then let's hope that Ocean manages to release an update this month, or a little later, what he considered possible. That will be a small miracle and a pleasant surprise, also new fuel for this thread.
Not wanting to put pressure on Ocean, but I'd say it's because there's no news so far, so maybe people are just waiting patiently and in silence. A lot of theories have been discussed already, compliments (or complaints) about some of the girls' new looks have been said, some screenshots have been discussed. There's nothing much to say really, unless somebody comes up with updates or a new little detail in the story that we all missed.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes