Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
BTW Bella's not mentioned on the Steam page but the Epic store, i don't know why they're different - I would've judt copy/pasted, I don't think the epic gamers are more likely to be Bella fans than the steam ones :rolleyes:

Speaking of Steam, did anyone notice Ocean has an EULA up now? It expressly mentions no one is allowed to mod the game.
:coffee::whistle:

Nice to see that he permits fanart in the EULA :)
Where is this from? I have taken a look at the steam page haven't seen anything like this.

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
When people see Bella, all their anger for delay is gone
"When the simps/Bella lovers see Bella"

since the game on steam costs 15€ you will pay the same tier on patreon or ss. it can't be cheaper
Whatcha mean it can't be cheaper? it's free right here.

Also, Steam has sales so, it'll be "cheaper to buy" sooner or later. If you plan on buying it on Steam/etc.

I always saw Bella as canon, as is Nami. You can still play without being romantic with Bella, but you'll still get a haircut. You also can't avoid the wiggly.

The canon is you are forced to interact with Bella because of Marla's class, but you can still ignore her romantically, that's were the alt locker room scene is fun.

BTW Bella's not mentioned on the Steam page but the Epic store, i don't know why they're different -

Speaking of Steam, did anyone notice Ocean has an EULA up now? It expressly mentions no one is allowed to mod the game.
:coffee::whistle:

I rather play without being around Bella at all. But you are "forced" to interact with/be around her. He could have added another way of getting a haircut. It shouldn't be that hard.

Wiggly? those random poses Bella/Nami love doing for no reason? shit looks so stupid and out of place (since they do these weird poses for no reason) besides getting kids excited with them.

That's the "canon" ? us being forced just cause the Dev couldn't think of other ways of doing things? If it has to do with "Marla's Class" just change it up and change the parings or add choice for the MC to say "Fuck off" and leaves. The fuck should I care about this fake school shit? I'm the Protagonist and yet feel like a dumb puppet on the Devs finger strings.

Probably didn't mention her to get me to buy it.... I joke of course. I am sure he didn't want to keep shit the same in the info department. Doesn't really matter, not everyone reads the "About this game" section anyways.

He doesn't want people using the "incest" patch lol

Reactions: John972

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Where is this from? I have taken a look at the steam page haven't seen anything like this.
It's on the right hand side of the page, just under the controller support.

1.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"When the simps/Bella lovers see Bella"

Also, Steam has sales so, it'll be "cheaper to buy" sooner or later. If you plan on buying it on Steam/etc.

I rather play without being around Bella at all. But you are "forced" to interact with/be around her. He could have added another way of getting a haircut. It shouldn't be that hard.

Wiggly? those random poses Bella/Nami love doing for no reason? shit looks so stupid and out of place (since they do these weird poses for no reason) besides getting kids excited with them.

That's the "canon" ? us being forced just cause the Dev couldn't think of other ways of doing things? If it has to do with "Marla's Class" just change it up and change the parings or add choice for the MC to say "Fuck off" and leaves. The fuck should I care about this fake school shit? I'm the Protagonist and yet feel like a dumb puppet on the Devs finger strings.

Probably didn't mention her to get me to buy it.... I joke of course. I am sure he didn't want to keep shit the same in the info department. Doesn't really matter, not everyone reads the "About this game" section anyways.

He doesn't want people using the "incest" patch lol

Some of us will buy on steam, just so subsequent seasons are supported, and the profile is raised. If we want cheap, there's convenient zip files here. As we're here on a pirate forum, my only reason to buy it is to support the project after years of downloading it for free. I'll never join patreon, but I will support with one off purchases. I might buy on multiple platforms even.

Regards the canon, it's simply the plot Ocean has written. We can argue what he intends, but what he's published is what he's written. I don't like Nami because she is too hyper, but that's who she's meant to be. To be honest, I think I'd mainly get on with Maja or Ayua and that's about it. Ocean hasn't written many down to earth characters in this one, there's too many intense people in the room, feels like the justice leauge HQ or something; everyone's special in their own unique way. I don't play because it aligns with my preferences though, I play because the story engages me regardless of my preferences. If it was a pure game, I'd want more choice, but as something that is more a novel, fewer but (hopefully) consequential choices will mean less confused branching later on. I'd hate the game to fail because Ocean can't render basketball games with the LI cheering him on being different for each path. For some scenes, that'd be 15 times the rendering or whatever the number of LI's is now. Keeping the LI's for exclusive path scenes makes sense, and keeping the majority of the main plot fixed makes sense.

I guess th eterms of the EULA make it very clear :illuminati:

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
Still, Vanessa is on the main poster. :cool: Bella with her screen time didn't achieve even that. Heck, even Sasha was on the old poster. So yeah, the next season Epic Bella will have to move her ass aside a little bit.
I got curious.

For many here, interesting character equals likeable? Metal Panic, I'm not talking specifically about you.

But for example, some people say they can't stand Leia. Why? Most of the time, because she's a bitch. I don't understand that. I know she has a bad temper. But that's what makes the story more intriguing, more intense, more sharp. Her toxic hate-love relationship with her brother is the best thing about WiAB so far. I like Katie too, but Leia is beyond competition right now. She's awesome.

Same thing with Vanessa. I would never get involved with a woman like her... Probably. My ass is a temple though. :WutFace: But what potential lies in her relationship with Nika. Damn...

John972

Apr 24, 2018
"Marla when?" (there will be someone somewhere I guess? All power to them(y)) etc
As the Devil's Advocate again, my vote is for Marla because she's definitely the psychotic loose canon in this game.

Without a single shred of evidence, I submit:

1. Marla ran over and killed Summer.
2. Marla tried to run over Nami (but hit Nika). Leia gave Nami an earring to warn Marla not to try again.
3. Marla tried to run over Sasha, only injuring her. Leia gave Sasha an earring to warn Marla not to try again.
4. Marla ran over and paralyzed Victoria.

She's outta control. Who will be her next target?

That's the REAL reason Ocean originally had the Nika-shoots-Marla option in Ch 1... /s ;)

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
As the Devil's Advocate again, my vote is for Marla because she's definitely the psychotic loose canon in this game.

2. Marla tried to run over Nami (but hit Nika). Leia gave Nami an earring to warn Marla not to try again.
3. Marla tried to run over Sasha, only injuring her. Leia gave Sasha an earring to warn Marla not to try again.

That's the REAL reason Ocean originally had the Nika-shoots-Marla option in Ch 1... /s ;)
I gather you've thought long and hard to come to such a conclusion.

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023

I think you misunderstood my answer. the question was why steam release is first and not patreon so I tried to explain to him that it doesn't matter because it will have the same price on both platforms. maybe he expects that it would be cheaper on patreon

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Back to the old Bella this, Bella that, Bella only LI bollocks again I see.

Ocean has said time and time again, the first chapter is heavily Bella/Nami focused. Subsequently going forward ALL LI's will get their time in the limelight.
At least the first picture on epic is Vanessa. Will absolutely love to see new players faces when Bella turns out to be blonde, with no tiara or heterochromia :sneaky: Strange choice to market it like this, it seems to be the only real difference on the store's blurb.

Reactions: Maviarab

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017

Perhaps Ocean should have named her Christine instead of Marla...

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
You also can't avoid the wiggly :sick:.
I have a fuckton of criticism for a myriad of reasons of this game post-rework but that "dance" in particular is an absolute standout. It's just such a REVOLTING scene that almost killed my love for Nami as a character. I thought she was the most attractive character in the game overall until I saw that. Nowadays she's below Sasha and Maja and just barely above Robin, Noji and Ayua.

Lesson learned. Always pass on going inside that bathroom.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I have a fuckton of criticism for a myriad of reasons of this game post-rework but that "dance" in particular is an absolute standout. It's just such a REVOLTING scene that almost killed my love for Nami as a character. I thought she was the most attractive character in the game overall until I saw that. Nowadays she's below Sasha and Maja and just barely above Robin, Noji and Ayua.

Yep. And that lesson goes 100% against the logic learned in most AVN's :sneaky:

I understand the attempt and reason, I think it's just poor execution. It's meant to be cringe, sure, but Nami is the queen of cringeworthy comments. She could have 100% made things awkward without the dance.

I MUCH prefer the tabletop to the wiggly. I even prefer CH1 Mila to the wiggly. I think I like Nami most from CH4 onwards. Until then her personality just rubs me the wrong way at odd moments. From dinner with the Benz's onwards I don't find her character swinging between extremes as strangely.

It's a personal thing though I guess.

She's below all those you've listed in my opinion :)

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020

Yep. And that lesson goes 100% against the logic learned in most AVN's :sneaky:

I understand the attempt and reason, I think it's just poor execution. It's meant to be cringe, sure, but Nami is the queen of cringeworthy comments. She could have 100% made things awkward without the dance.

I MUCH prefer the tabletop to the wiggly. I even prefer CH1 Mila to the wiggly. I think I like Nami most from CH4 onwards. Until then her personality just rubs me the wrong way at odd moments. From dinner with the Benz's onwards I don't find her character swinging between extremes as strangely.

It's a personal thing though I guess.

She's below all those you've listed in my opinion :)
I don't what the problem is with just admitting that Vic is the best girl.

You'll be much happier when you just let it go and be at peace with this realisation guys ;)

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
Honestly, the fact that Leia is attending a book club already makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes of this club.
Regarding the controversy that Nojiko, as a doctor, should earn much more and other disputes, such as if Nika and Nami are theoretically descendants of a powerful clan, I think the answer is much simpler and lies on the surface. The main character often begins his journey penniless. Even Willy (Viab), a descendant of a powerful clan, a demigod in the flesh with high intelligence and charisma.....can’t even afford his own apartment at the beginning of the game, but can only boast of his intellect in front of Keti, and the results at the beginning of the game are zero.

4.40 star(s) 481 Votes