BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Honestly, the fact that Leia is attending a book club already makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes of this club.
Regarding the controversy that Nojiko, as a doctor, should earn much more and other disputes, such as if Nika and Nami are theoretically descendants of a powerful clan, I think the answer is much simpler and lies on the surface. The main character often begins his journey penniless. Even Willy (Viab), a descendant of a powerful clan, a demigod in the flesh with high intelligence and charisma.....can’t even afford his own apartment at the beginning of the game, but can only boast of his intellect in front of Keti, and the results at the beginning of the game are zero.
That makes sense to me, the same sort of thing as every game, the initial hurdles are mundane, because the game needs you to learn the mechanics of interacting without frustrating the player (ie in an RPG, level one rats even if you're a demigod with an ancient sword). It's different in an AVN as there is very little for the player to learn mechanics wise, what the player needs to learn is the characters and the back stories. If things are too complicated from the outset, in either case, people tend to get lost and don't understamd what's going on.

In Ocean's case, he hides things in the background, so things seem like just scenery, until we realise going back that he's woven it in under our noses, simply because it's things we don't expect to see, the focal point guides us etc.

Regards, Willi, he has money from his writing, as far as I remember, he does have an apartment, but he has to either wrap up the lease or sell to have the cash for another one (funny thing is that Mon can afford to live in the apartment block on her police salary, when even Dana flinches at what she is charging; Ben must be doing well...). As for Nika and his outsider status, Ocean want to tell a story about coming home, and resolving or moving past conflicts, so Nika needs to be coming from a different angle than all these (mostly) rich love interests. The story needs his character to be struggling on multiple fronts, and for him to be suspicious/cynical of people, so he is. Ocean can fill the gaps with all kinds of explanations as needed, in order to have the characters start where he wants them. And if anything is disproportionate, it's not really going to ruin the story (the 6 hour drive to the cabin, the three weeks to college that is two a few minutues later, Noji's pay seeming more in line with an orderly/nurse than a doctor, etc). These things are just the obstacles that are necessary for the drama to kick off. If Noji had money more in line with her profession, the rodent invasion would be even more out of leftfield for example.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I don't what the problem is with just admitting that Vic is the best girl.

You'll be much happier when you just let it go and be at peace with this realisation guys ;)
Don´t be mad with me but... I don´t like Vic :oops: ,maybe when the season 1 release i could like her more. (her character is very good written, it´s just her personality is not my prefer type)

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

You'll be much happier when you just let it go and be at peace with this realisation guys ;)
Don´t be mad with me but... I don´t like Vic :oops: ,maybe when the season 1 release i could like her more. (her character is very good written, it´s just her personality is not my prefer type)
I mean, every scene with her I feel like I'm going to get diabetes.

However....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AlexFXR

Sep 24, 2023
eh I wouldn't say exception but small miniority yes cause ive seen people plenty say that same or something similar as me before.
I didn't just say that you are an exception to the rule. There are actually very few people like you who actually buy games. I'll try to find a video on YouTube where they expose people. They are offered $100 to show the games they bought after piracy on Steam or Epic to confirm their words, but they immediately refuse and find a reason to leave. It was quite a fun show.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I didn't just say that you are an exception to the rule. There are actually very few people like you who actually buy games. I'll try to find a video on YouTube where they expose people. They are offered $100 to show the games they bought after piracy on Steam or Epic to confirm their words, but they immediately refuse and find a reason to leave. It was quite a fun show.
ah I see what you mean now thought you were only talking about AVN's. I actually never pirated games before AVN's tbh I never even tried as I never felt comfortable doing it when big AAA companies are involved. Even games I was unsure if I would of liked.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Vic was my favorite at first till Bella changed my mind, then Nami ended up being too hilarious of a character, then in the last update Nia won my heart so now Vic is in 4th for me.
We can't judge Ocean for too many beautiful characters. And not only physical... :LOL:
Agree with your choices, but I would add Amber&Nojiko too... But that's only me...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ali ibn Hassan

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022

Look, I love Vic's personality, I think she is an amazing person. Not only that, she is drop dead gorgeous from the neck up like pretty much all of Ocean's characters. Problem is, and don't take any offense to this, much like almost all of Ocean's characters she has a circus freak body. To a point that it doesn't only bother me, it actively makes it so unattractive that it almost makes me nauseous.

It's a problem. It's been a problem since the reworks started. The characters proportions keep getting more ludicrous with each new update. And while that will likely not be a problem for most, for us folk that appreciate modest or more common/natural proportions, it's a MAJOR turn off.

I've said it before, Vic and Mila would prob be my top 2 if their bodies weren't so cartoonish. In real life, with real people, a strong enough bond with someone on an emotional level would make it so I wouldn't give a flying fuck how they look physically. But this is an AVN. That emotional bond can't exist. And I can't overlook how bad they look to me in that regard.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Look, I love Vic's personality, I think she is an amazing person. Not only that, she is drop dead gorgeous from the neck up like pretty much all of Ocean's characters. Problem is, and don't take any offense to this, much like almost all of Ocean's characters she has a circus freak body. To a point that it doesn't only bother me, it actively makes it so unattractive that it almost makes me nauseous.

It's a problem. It's been a problem since the reworks started. The characters proportions keep getting more ludicrous with each new update. And while that will likely not be a problem for most, for us folk that appreciate modest or more common/natural proportions, it's a MAJOR turn off.

I've said it before, Vic and Mila would prob be my top 2 if their bodies weren't so cartoonish. In real life, with real people, a strong enough bond with someone on an emotional level would make it so I wouldn't give a flying fuck how they look physically. But this is an AVN. That emotional bond can't exist. And I can't overlook how bad they look to me in that regard.
Can't spell bewbies without ew

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

Sadly i have to agree about this, i just dont mind it as much as you because there are enough girls who still look gorgeous like Zara, Sasha, Nami or Bella.

Vic is still somewhat fine for me but the new Mila looks like a monster to me, the only thing im asking myself is if shes really a human being when i see her, her new looks sadly is a really bad turn-off for me to a point where i cant play her path anymore.

But this is just a matter of taste and there are a lot of thick gal enjoyers and i think there are enough LI's for it to not really matter.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021

I feel the same with some big boobs characters, but i don´t think Vic has a disproportionate body, i mean, she isn´t like the real life girls neither (like almost the majority girls in this type of games, being honest) but i think she has a good body. Anyway i understand you because i feel the same with other games (for example Wiab)

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Don't make me get Olivia over here ;)

While I hope you know I'm taking a large dose of the proverbial English piss, I do also love her but honestly, I can't disagree with anything you've said. They are getting larger and more strangely shaped.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
That emotional bond can't exist.
Compared to a real life relationship it will never be as close to the same thing. However there are a handful of characters that i felt a emotional bond. For me for a number of reasons, the game is completed so that mean no more story or fun wholesome moments with that LI, a LI I like alot gets seriously hurt , a LI has gone through some trauma and it just makes me feel for them alot , even a LI just being real playful and wholesome with a MC sometimes can be enough for me.

So it does happens just not a whole lot out of all the LI I have seen only felt some kind of emotional bond to around 10 - 15 LI in total. Without that emotional bond I would never feel sad when I finished certain AVN's or think about a character or LI too much between waiting for the next update.

4.40 star(s) 481 Votes