FutureHNDXXX

May 14, 2019
WIAB Chapter 3 - Dev Log #23

Hello,

So, I'll need one or two more weeks for Chapter 3.

Polishment turned out to be more intensive than usual. I experimented a lot during the development and I had to redo a few renders here and there and also came across a scene I didn't render in the past.

It was a scene on the barn and I skipped it because I was fed up with the performance of the scene.

I finished the scene in the past two days and it's been in the queue for around 10 hours now.

I think the last render estimate was 1680. But I think it will end up with 1800-1900 for the update.

It's 94 renders in the queue and the WIAB PC needs around 3-5 days to do them.

I'd use the SG PC to speed it up, but these scenes are so WiAB specific, that I don't have the assets on the SG PC. And SG currently has its own queue to work down.

It leads to a ton of errors and stops the queue entirely. It's just a headache.

When I get the Workstation, I'll merge all the libraries and create my own big network library for all of the PCs.

There's a little risk that I might be without internet for a few days in early December due to my move but I'm sure they'll manage to coordinate the internet-access-move with my hardware move.

There's one animation I still want to do as I think it really fits the occasion, but besides that, all animations are done.

I had said I wouldn't show any more previews, but here are two from the barn scene I skipped and then forgot about.

1700789392585.png
1700789400283.png

I'm not rushing the release this close before properly finishing it, and I'm not going to fuck my health over a previously estimated release date.

It will need a little more time.

- Ocean

dfirehawkc

Apr 27, 2022
Dang! I don't write many comments here but gotta say Oceans is writing a phenomenal story. Interactions with many of the important characters make you really care about and want to invest in each one in some way. Each girl has their quirks but man, I love them all. I'm finding myself struggling with many of the decisions, not wanting to hurt the other girls, but still wanting to go further with each one. Music is also adding quite a bit to the ambience, leaving me in a weird feeling state after playing a session of this game. Now i'm at the end of what has been released so far, its going to be a very painful wait for future content.

And where is Summer...? I wonder if her family took her away because it was beneath her to hang out with the MC and fall in love with him. So they probably made her go to another school growing up and college too, to get more involved with people in her "class" and most likely a rival of MCs college. Or...maybe her family had disagreements with the founding families of MC's college so she had to go to another. I bet she will be reintroduced when the MC has formed deep bonds with the girls around him, and that return will cause.....complications. But really looking forward to what comes next.

chimidot

Oct 21, 2017
i'm pretty sure that this have been discussed but only now i've realized that Kelly (church girl) has the same 'cross' earring like Daphne and i don't think she wears it just because she's a church girl. could Kelly be Daphne's daughter? there has to be something about these earrings..

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021
"After a traumatic experience, a young spirit tries to find its way back into life. College is about to start and mysteries are about to unfold."

That description couldnt be more vague.. and those words : "young" and "college" - seem to be the standard cliche trope

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
"After a traumatic experience, a young spirit tries to find its way back into life. College is about to start and mysteries are about to unfold."

That description couldnt be more vague.. and those words : "young" and "college" - seem to be the standard cliche trope
Description is the least vague thing in the game. But yeah, totally standard cliché game with landlady, roommate and the MC who attracts every girl.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Dang! I don't write many comments here but gotta say Oceans is writing a phenomenal story. Interactions with many of the important characters make you really care about and want to invest in each one in some way. Each girl has their quirks but man, I love them all. I'm finding myself struggling with many of the decisions, not wanting to hurt the other girls, but still wanting to go further with each one. Music is also adding quite a bit to the ambience, leaving me in a weird feeling state after playing a session of this game. Now i'm at the end of what has been released so far, its going to be a very painful wait for future content.

And where is Summer...? I wonder if her family took her away because it was beneath her to hang out with the MC and fall in love with him. So they probably made her go to another school growing up and college too, to get more involved with people in her "class" and most likely a rival of MCs college. Or...maybe her family had disagreements with the founding families of MC's college so she had to go to another. I bet she will be reintroduced when the MC has formed deep bonds with the girls around him, and that return will cause.....complications. But really looking forward to what comes next.
Yeah, welcome to the club. It's a bit like being hooked on a seasonal TV program. That time of year arrives when a season drops, you devour it, then have to wait another 12 to 18 months for the next season (all while praying it doesn't get cancelled inbetween)...

"Dang! I don't write many comments..." That's gotta be the understatement of the year, considering it's your first ever forum post. ;)

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Any word on ch5 final dropping? Been holding back on playing the beta in hopes for the full thing soon but it doesnt seem like its going to happen as soon as I had hoped and im about to cave and play the beta lol

• Haha
Reactions: AlterdStates7

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Any word on ch5 final dropping? Been holding back on playing the beta in hopes for the full thing soon but it doesnt seem like its going to happen as soon as I had hoped and im about to cave and play the beta lol
I believe Ocean said in one of the dev logs that he was hoping the Ch5 final would be out sometime in December.

I'm doing the same thing you are. I loaded one of the few working saves I had from Ch 4.5 in order to play the Ch5 beta, but I am not playing it from the beginning until the CH5 full releases.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Hi!
I do not know if it was already mentioned before, but considering that about 100 pages have gone by now it should, the compressed version from 25. October misses all chapter 5 content! Had finally the time to play SG and was baffled that it did not go into chapter 5, no matter the saves and paths. When i looked into the game folder, there was no chapter 5 at all, it was only the 4.5.
No, my compressed version has Chapter 5 stuff, not sure where you are getting that information from.

Considering he made the multi-mod from my compressed version.

2023-11-24 22_56_10-Summer's Gone.png

So, yes my compressed has the chaper 5 beta content...

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
I believe Ocean said in one of the dev logs that he was hoping the Ch5 final would be out sometime in December.

I'm doing the same thing you are. I loaded one of the few working saves I had from Ch 4.5 in order to play the Ch5 beta, but I am not playing it from the beginning until the CH5 full releases.
Sounds good. December, even January isnt so bad of a wait. Yeah my saves are junk so im doing a full replay. Cant wait.

Reactions: Razrback16

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
No, my compressed version has Chapter 5 stuff, not sure where you are getting that information from.

Considering he made the multi-mod from my compressed version.

View attachment 3116354

So, yes my compressed has the chaper 5 beta content...
Hi!
I downloaded your ch.5 compressed version early on 25th October and I swear that the download I had, did not include the chapter 5, it was still only the 4.5. Saves stopped at the end of 4.5, even a speedrun from the start again stopped at the end of 4.5.
Which baffled me to no end, since you are one of our best compression makers and I never had problems with one of your compressions before!
But it was only after I added the chapter 5 only update, that I could advance with my saves to chapter 5.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Hi!
I downloaded your ch.5 compressed version early on 25th October and I swear that the download I had, did not include the chapter 5, it was still only the 4.5. Saves stopped at the end of 4.5, even a speedrun from the start again stopped at the end of 4.5.
Which baffled me to no end, since you are one of our best compression makers and I never had problems with one of your compressions before!
But it was only after I added the chapter 5 only update, that I could advance with my saves to chapter 5.
Yes, there is your clue, the saves, you're the only one to have issues, out of the 1,000's who've downloaded it and the person who made the mod had no troubles either.

Reactions: Animal95

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Can you read? Been asked and answered (answered by myself only 2 days ago) numerous times over the last few days/pages.

Reactions: Katie4Ever
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes