Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
RNasc4444 Tokenugget

Is there any way I could try old version? It sounds completely different game and I wanna try it. :unsure:
If you've got the time I'm rar'ing 4beta that I played last summer in june and haven't touched newer SG yet because of the rework.
Takes a little while since it's the full ver and got the mods and patches installed. Just rename the main characters at your leisure.
I'll make a torrent and post the link.

I think reworking WIAB was a good thing visually and made it a bit easier to comprehend. Old WIAB I had to restart 3-4 times and gave up since it got too chatty.

Reactions: RNasc4444
Oct 10, 2022
If you've got the time I'm rar'ing 4beta that I played last summer in june and haven't touched newer SG yet because of the rework.
Takes a little while since it's the full ver and got the mods and patches installed. Just rename the main characters at your leisure.
I'll make a torrent and post the link.

I think reworking WIAB was a good thing visually and made it a bit easier to comprehend. Old WIAB I had to restart 3-4 times and gave up since it got too chatty.
I do agree about WIAB, I tried old version and couldn't stand it. It was very good call of Ocean to rework it. New WIAB is perfect though, even though I don't like MCs have a relationship in the beginning, since gf of MC a perfection the game is perfect.

I do have time but I do not use torrent, is there a possibilty that will be uploaded to any other place?

Oct 10, 2022
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Summer's Gone [Ch. 1] [Regium] - Original Size: 1.18GB

Download PC (112MB): - MEGA - WORKUPLOAD -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Summer's Gone [Ch. 2] [Oceanlab] Compressed

Compression reduces image/animation/audio quality
This is not a perfect process and can break a game

Original size ~1.93GB
Download ~358MB

PC: Mega - - Workupload - -
Mac: Mega - - Workupload - -

Have Fun! ♡
Summer's Gone [Ch.3 Beta] [Oceanlab] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 2.91 GB
Original MAC Size: 2.90 GB

Compressed PC Size: 492.8 MB MEGA
Compressed MAC Size: 476.2 MB MEGA

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.
Summer's Gone [Ch. 3.5 Full] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.96 GB
Original Size Mac: 3.95 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 717 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 700 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
[VN] [Ren'Py] Summer's Gone [Chapter 1-4 Full] [Oceanlab] [HQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 5.52GB
Repack size: 1.03GB

PC = / WorkUpload / PixelDrain /
MacOS (EngineFilesOnly) = WorkUpload
(Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Added an UQ Edition for those that prefer even better Quality with a little size increase (1.41GB).

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful ;)

[VN] [Ren'Py] Summer's Gone [Chapter 1-4.5 Full Fixed] [Oceanlab] [MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 7.24GB
Repack size: 845MB

Notice: No need to redownload the whole thing again, just use Update Only (226MB) from below link.
UpdateOnly_MQ from Chapter 4.5 Full to Chapter 4.5 Full Fixed =

PC = PixelDrain / / /
MacOS (EngineFilesOnly) = WorkUpload (Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Added UQ Edition for those that prefer Quality focused repack (1.41GB).

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful ;)

Found these if anyone is wondering.

Last edited:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
I do agree about WIAB, I tried old version and couldn't stand it. It was very good call of Ocean to rework it. New WIAB is perfect though, even though I don't like MCs have a relationship in the beginning, since gf of MC a perfection the game is perfect.

I do have time but I do not use torrent, is there a possibilty that will be uploaded to any other place?
???
Follow the advice above and use search function here on top right

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Of course, it's all your opinion and takes, and I respect it.
Just before I address some of your points, I like the new version a lot more & no reworks will be made. So this is it.

Take the Nami bathroom scene.... it used to be a subtle exchange that disclosed that they had a weird relationship. Sharing the bathroom together and such. But in the update Ocean decided to make it 10x "better". Now Nami and the MC are completely naked in front of each other, they talk about "eating her tits" and then that stupid naked wiggly dance. I mean jeezus, how about conveying the story more subtlety like the original? The old version was far more artistic.
As someone said before, where I live sharing a bathroom isn't a weird thing to do. Nor is occasional nudity.

In the old version, Nami removed her panties and peed right in front of you. Talking about subtle, huh...
She doesn't do that anymore, but instead shows some tiddies, which is like totally not worth mentioning where I come from. Different cultures, I just have to assume you're American, as other Americans have mentioned similar things before.

And fuck yeah, the Wiggly is absolutely stupid and cringe. And it's exactly what I wanted there.

I disagree with you on the old version being more artistic. (Maybe if you take absurdity into the equation and say that art needs to be extravagant and over the top.)

Then there's the classroom update. I find is kinda ridiculous that Bella and the MC get into this stupid "stare down". I mean the hottest girl in school is going to waste her time in a stare down competition in this hobo looking mofo she doesn't care about? She doesn't even know him at this point. Yeah, that was cringe. And when Bella and the MC get grouped up....Now he's loudly proclaiming in protest that he doesn't want to group with her??? In the original game he was stoic an took it normally. But now he speaks out in class that he doesn't want her as a partner? Ok... That's quite the change.
Do you mean the staredown that was already in the old version?

They start staring at each other after being grouped up, and they still had the same interaction in the hallway. (It makes even more sense if you engaged with her. In the old version you just ignored her.)
Yes, some changes were made to his behavior in class. You either like them or you don't.

Then there's Sonja. Remember when she was introduced in the classroom as this shy timid women how looks around the room that's trying to listen to the conversations and wants to participate in the interactions? She sat in her chair as a sexy little thing that probably wanted do engage but was to timid to join? Yeah, no longer in this update. Now she gets like 2 renders that basically shows her there. Kinda sad to see her removed from the story at this point. It was intriguing to see her squirm in her chair in the original. But i guess that was removed. Ugh.
Yes, her first interaction was changed. It's just a glimpse now, but that doesn't mean that's all Chapter 2 will show of her.
So wait for the second part of an unfinished rework. Ugh.

And then there's the panic attacks. In the original game the MC only had panic attacks when he was faced with relationship connections. First when he kisses Bella and then when it admitted his love for Nami. That made sense. He was afraid of another Summer situation. But in the update he's getting panic attacks from everything. "oh no, too many people around" "Oh no, i'm riding in a car with a girl" "oh no, i'm afraid of everything" ... Sorry Ocean, that's not how panic attacks work.
Now it's getting interesting.
Are you actually trying to explain an irrational reaction to me? Because that's what panic attacks are.
They don't follow any stigma, they don't care about certain criteria being met. (Is stigma the right word?)

And trust me, I know how they work.

"Sorry bud, your trauma/situation isn't enough for a panic attack! Sorry!"
"*Panic attack stops immediately*"

If you pay close attention, they don't happen randomly, there's always something connected to it.

And what's the deal with Maja? I mean, in the original game i understood her. The MC was difficult and defied her requests. He was an asshole but at least is made sense given his history. He was stoic and emotionless. But now he this asshole emotard. She wants him to watch over Victoria? Right? In reality she would say "please stay from Victoria" LOL. But nope, this person that's been a complete douchebag to her and Victoria and showed himself to be completely unstable is asked to watch after her precious? Right........
I just have to completely disagree with this one.
In the old version, the MC appeared to be much more creepy and unapproachable.
Now Maja and the MC chatted for a bit before being tackled by a Raccoon.

Also, when did the MC ever act like an asshole to Maja?
- All Maja saw of the MC was him being in the hospital, being the one that "helped" Vic while she was on the ground.
- Then came to the hospital and gave her the purse back, there he almost never addressed Maja directly. (You can pick a choice in their only interaction.)
- Then Vic asks Maja to find you. She does, they have a more intimate chat than in the old version, and she listens through the door (Didn't do that in the old one.), in which he has a totally normal convo with Vic, saying stuff like "You're a positive person. That's the essence to happiness." instead of talking about animals, and optionally raping dolphins.

Ugh! Man, what a fucking asshole emotard he has become.

Anyway, say goodbye to this amazing interaction. Would've loved to see them enhanced.
And scenes like these are exactly the reason why the rework had to happen. It's out of character for Chapter 3 Mila and above.
She has more style than this.

In the end, I'm not saying most of your points are wrong. We all just have a different point of view, and judge scenes by how we see the world.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Yes. Use search bar: you'll find some old compressed updates posted in this thread.

Music mod re-enables some old animated scenes the author weirdly removed when he released 4.5 full.
Ocean is preparing for the release of Summers Gone Season 1 (CH 1-5) on Steam.

There has been significant rework of CH 1 and 2 (CH 2 is at about 65% complete in terms of the rework right now) as well as continuity and render work on CH 3 & 3.5.

Ocean created a number of animations that were tied to music that he had to remove due to licensing issues ahead of this release. Ocean has commented how it sucks that he had to remove some of the animations and many of us agree, but... Steam is a Much larger platform and he needed to polish SG and ensure that all his music was locked down in terms of licensing ahead of a release there.

I don't see any 'weirdly removed' in this and the why of the removal of music and associated animations has been explained by Ocean and posted here multiple times.

This is his creation, and this is his business decision.

Ocean has big plans for OceanVerse - SG & WIAB, and part of these plans require resourcing to make it happen.

For example - he's mentioned buying an ADA 6000 (estimated cost his last quote was 8000€ to 9000€ in Europe) - which is a Major investment.

A successful Steam launch will provide Ocean with the resources to continue hardware upgrades, get help with music licensing and more.

Here are Ocean's own words to talk about the music (from SS front page) CH 4.5 Full:

With this release, all music that had to be removed has been removed... Fuck did that hurt... All the work that went into these cinematics & finding said music.

Especially the Bella - Mama cinematic... What a great and perfectly fitting song it was.

But it had to be done, and now I will come up with new & better cinematics. I already have two new ones planned for Chapter 5.

I did place "placeholder" music in most of the cinematics... I hate it & would've rather just completely removed them, but many people on discord said to keep them in.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Chapter 5.

I'm so excited about the future.

• Ocean

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Ocean is preparing for the release of Summers Gone Season 1 (CH 1-5) on Steam.

There has been significant rework of CH 1 and 2 (CH 2 is at about 65% complete in terms of the rework right now) as well as continuity and render work on CH 3 & 3.5.

Ocean created a number of animations that were tied to music that he had to remove due to licensing issues ahead of this release. Ocean has commented how it sucks that he had to remove some of the animations and many of us agree, but... Steam is a Much larger platform and he needed to polish SG and ensure that all his music was locked down in terms of licensing ahead of a release there.

There was no 'weirdly removed' in this and the why of the removal of music and associated animations has been explained by Ocean and posted here multiple times.

This is his creation, and this is his business decision.

Ocean has big plans for OceanVerse - SG & WIAB, and part of these plans require resourcing to make it happen.

For example - he's mentioned buying an ADA 6000 (estimated cost his last quote was 8000€ to 9000€ in Europe) - which is a Major investment.

A successful Steam launch will provide Ocean with the resources to continue hardware upgrades, get help with music licensing and more.

Here are Ocean's own words to talk about the music (from SS front page) CH 4.5 Full:

With this release, all music that had to be removed has been removed... Fuck did that hurt... All the work that went into these cinematics & finding said music.

Especially the Bella - Mama cinematic... What a great and perfectly fitting song it was.

But it had to be done, and now I will come up with new & better cinematics. I already have two new ones planned for Chapter 5.

I did place "placeholder" music in most of the cinematics... I hate it & would've rather just completely removed them, but many people on discord said to keep them in.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Chapter 5.

I'm so excited about the future.

• Ocean
Dude, I don't think the Author needs his lawyers writing here everytime someone writes about the differences between the old versions and the newest one.

We are aware of the whys and the wherefores.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Could someone with experience use a metal rod and bash it on my head so I can go into Coma for about 1-2 years and then when I wake up I wouldn't have to wait for updates. Just make sure to not let my bitch sister anywhere next to me or she may pull the plug...
Huge LOL for thinking this game is going to be done in 1-2 years.

crunchycake

Jun 3, 2020
O.O

Mama got removed!? That's a sad news, I mean "That's what my mama said" had been looping non-stop in my head like for a week after my first complete run for 4.5 T.T

oh well... at least certain youtube channel had the sequence recorded and upload.

And yeah, thanks for deciding to release a steam version. I can finally show some support to this AVN.

• Sad
Reactions: codex35

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Just before I address some of your points, I like the new version a lot more & no reworks will be made. So this is it.

As someone said before, where I live sharing a bathroom isn't a weird thing to do. Nor is occasional nudity.

In the old version, Nami removed her panties and peed right in front of you. Talking about subtle, huh...
She doesn't do that anymore, but instead shows some tiddies, which is like totally not worth mentioning where I come from. Different cultures, I just have to assume you're American, as other Americans have mentioned similar things before.

And fuck yeah, the Wiggly is absolutely stupid and cringe. And it's exactly what I wanted there.

I disagree with you on the old version being more artistic. (Maybe if you take absurdity into the equation and say that art needs to be extravagant and over the top.)

They start staring at each other after being grouped up, and they still had the same interaction in the hallway. (It makes even more sense if you engaged with her. In the old version you just ignored her.)
Yes, some changes were made to his behavior in class. You either like them or you don't.

Yes, her first interaction was changed. It's just a glimpse now, but that doesn't mean that's all Chapter 2 will show of her.

Are you actually trying to explain an irrational reaction to me? Because that's what panic attacks are.
They don't follow any stigma, they don't care about certain criteria being met. (Is stigma the right word?)

If you pay close attention, they don't happen randomly, there's always something connected to it.

- All Maja saw of the MC was him being in the hospital, being the one that "helped" Vic while she was on the ground.
- Then came to the hospital and gave her the purse back, there he almost never addressed Maja directly. (You can pick a choice in their only interaction.)
- Then Vic asks Maja to find you. She does, they have a more intimate chat than in the old version, and she listens through the door (Didn't do that in the old one.), in which he has a totally normal convo with Vic, saying stuff like "You're a positive person. That's the essence to happiness." instead of talking about animals, and optionally raping dolphins.

And scenes like these are exactly the reason why the rework had to happen. It's out of character for Chapter 3 Mila and above.

In the end, I'm not saying most of your points are wrong. We all just have a different point of view, and judge scenes by how we see the world.
1442884145927.gif

Well spoken!

Now I am ready to throw myself into the mist of SG again after almost a year of not really trusting the outcome of the rework.
Some of the inconsistencies debated in this thread have been explained and seem plausible.

The pre-rework was in my view so outstandingly breathtaking that minor flaws in synopsis sped by without much notice.
It's your creation and if you see it necessary to adapt SG to be released on Steam, it's your prerogative, as long as us die hard perverts can indulge in what smutty delicacies modders can provide.

Shoot first, no questions asked!

John972

Apr 24, 2018

Completely agree. I suspect there are still punters that lament the loss of the blonde femme fatale, pyscho Bella, let alone a sadistic, total A-Hole MC.

Last edited:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Completely agree. I suspect there are still punters that lament the loss of the blonde femme fatale, pyscho Bella, let alone a sadistic, total A-Hole MC.

What! 8d6m.gif

Psycho Bella!!!
duel-slap.gif
Bananas at dawn. Choose your second well, sir! My honor will be restored!

• Haha
Reactions: twipwas and John972

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
View attachment 2572055

Well spoken!

Now I am ready to throw myself into the mist of SG again after almost a year of not really trusting the outcome of the rework.
Some of the inconsistencies debated in this thread have been explained and seem plausible.

The pre-rework was in my view so outstandingly breathtaking that minor flaws in synopsis sped by without much notice.
It's your creation and if you see it necessary to adapt SG to be released on Steam, it's your prerogative, as long as us die hard perverts can indulge in what smutty delicacies modders can provide.

Shoot first, no questions asked!
Please do share your opinion here once you finally play the reworked version. I'm not looking for internet validation but I feel so strongly against the 4.5 Full changes that it's impossible to ignore them. So maybe listening to other points of view will make it seem less awful. All the best bits of the game that I loved are being/have been phased out in exchange for prettier renders and vapid lewds :cry:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Dude, I don't think the Author needs his lawyers writing here everytime someone writes about the differences between the old versions and the newest one.

We are aware of the whys and the wherefores.
I'm a fan of SG - but I'm hardly a lawyer.

We can all agree/disagree about different aspects of Summers Gone - that is all good.

Leading new/newer visitors to this thread to the idea that the changes that are occurring are at a whim or 'weirdly removed' is something I will happily provide a counterpoint to.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

I certainly will not stifle your right to discussion on this lovely thread and I'm certain that you do not intend to stifle dissenting opinions either, right?

We are all adults here and I think the facts, and background, are helpful to anyone trying to form an opinion. If the facts and background need to be restated occasionally, I see no harm in that.

If someone is already familiar with these facts and background, then just skip reading the post.

Ocean's posts about SG here as well as on his SS and Patreon pages are not all generally known to everyone on this thread so I am happy to provide that kind of information where I think it will help clear up any misunderstandings that come up.

Cheers!

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes