Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Yeah, I don't know for sure, but how many of the key plot points have changed since the beginning. Ocean has stated he originally conceived some really, really dark things for the story, but has since decided to ditch these elements. Of course, only Ocean knows precisely what he was referring to.

I don't know if Summer "disappeared" in the usual sense of the word, or if she simply exited the MC and Nami's lives. The MC has stated that Summer's parents resented him and told him he was "shit" to his face. According to Elsa in the MC's Elsa flashback, Summer's auntie (Elsa's mother) expressed a similar disapproval of the MC and Summer's relationship - all it seems like the MC was beneath the social class of Summer's family. I am not sure how the MC could remain so traumatized but on good terms with Nami, if Nami had something to do with Summer's disappearance. However, I find it fun to speculate on potential darker theories :D ;)
Dark theories is the funniest thing around here :D, but you are right, Ocean has changed the game so much, we can´t know right know which way will take the game. In my theory MC don´t know nothing about the implication of Nami, that explain the good relationship between them.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Dark theories is the funniest thing around here :D, but you are right, Ocean has changed the game so much, we can´t know right know which way will take the game. In my theory MC don´t know nothing about the implication of Nami, that explain the good relationship between them.
You could be right... there's no reason to believe the MC necessarily knows why Summer "disappeared."

Here's another wild theory for shits & giggles...

- Nami is a photographer.

- Nami mentions a naked photograph of Summer to the MC (she then says Summer's VJ "looked ugly." MC replies he never saw Summer's VJ, so I assume he never saw the photo).

-Speculation based on these two snippets: Nami took naked photo(s) of Summer and put them on the net/distributed them/or they were found by Summer's parents, outraging them etc etc.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I don't think Ocean even knows if something will be obtainable in the future. Not sure he even knows the ending yet. Still, we shall wait and see.
Any half decent writer would know the ending to their story before committing to doing it. At least the broad strokes of the ending.

Orgitas

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2023
Any half decent writer would know the ending to their story before committing to doing it. At least the broad strokes of the ending.
Yeeeah Ocean went into this project not knowing the ending. Part of the reason why a couple of the characters, including the MC, had a radical personality shift between chapters. Part of the reason why they went back and re-wrote a lot of things.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
You could be right... there's no reason to believe the MC necessarily knows why Summer "disappeared."

Here's another wild theory for shits & giggles...

- Nami is a photographer.

- Nami mentions a naked photograph of Summer to the MC (she then says Summer's VJ "looked ugly." MC replies he never saw Summer's VJ, so I assume he never saw the photo).

-Speculation based on these two snippets: Nami took naked photo(s) of Summer and put them on the net/distributed them/or they were found by Summer's parents, outraging them etc etc.
That could be too, are you saying that maybe Summer´s parent and she of course left the country or something for that? Like blackmail from Nami or something?

Reactions: John972

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yeeeah Ocean went into this project not knowing the ending. Part of the reason why a couple of the characters, including the MC, had a radical personality shift between chapters. Part of the reason why they went back and re-wrote a lot of things.
I vaguely recall it's the exact opposite as Ocean has stated before his plans for the 5 games in this universe and where he wants to go with the plot and endings.

As for the inconsistencies you've mentioned, it's a sign of an inexperienced writer, not a sign of the writer having no clue where the plot and ending is going.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I vaguely recall it's the exact opposite as Ocean has stated before his plans for the 5 games in this universe and where he wants to go with the plot and endings.

As for the inconsistencies you've mentioned, it's a sign of an inexperienced writer, not a sign of the writer having no clue where the plot and ending is going.
'Agree. Changing the characteristics of the MC and abandoning darker themes mid-stream isn't a sign that Ocean doesn't know the "broad strokes" because, quite frankly, they're just minutiae.

Jordanskene01

Dec 11, 2022
then what about MC's hospital scene flashback ?
Possibly a Suicide Attempt but if I remember correctly a collapsed lung is mentioned and it was his arm bleeding hmmm hang on maybe he sliced his arm and shot himself to make extra sure he died but it just didn't work out.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Possibly a Suicide Attempt but if I remember correctly a collapsed lung is mentioned and it was his arm bleeding hmmm hang on maybe he sliced his arm and shot himself to make extra sure he died but it just didn't work out.
then what about MC's hospital scene flashback ?
That's the funny thing; there's three big events, but we don't know how they're related or if they happened within a short period of time:

- Summer/MC at the Cabin before being picked up by Officer Jane Larverne.
- MC seeing Summer one last time.
- MC at Aqualia Hospital with a collapsed lung and blood/a laceration on his forearm. The so-called "violent incident."

Oct 10, 2022
All we really know on this matter is:

- Something happened between Nami and the MC at an unspecified time. The MC states Nami is partly responsible for the way he is and what happened is the reason for his lack of impulse control (I can't quite fathom what impulse control the MC lacks, unless it's his propensity for fighting). MC/Nami made a deal "a long time ago" to bury the incident.
-MC accuses Nami that all she does (now) is an overcompensation to make up for what happened.
-Nami tells MC she would never be "like that" again.
-MC says he lied to Amber during his sessions by altering details he told her (this could be about Summer or about the MC "protecting" Nami at High School).
-MC says he needs to tell Amber (breaking the MC/Nami deal), to come clean with himself. Nami tells him not to come to a "weird conclusion" because of it.

It's all very cryptic, obviously. Hence why it's easy to wildly speculate.... Perhaps it's something as simple as... Nami deliberately flirting with boys at High School to make the MC jealous. This being my No. 1 pet theory on the matter.
I genuinely think dark theme of the game comes from that specific event and I also believe it is related to what happened to Summer. I think Nami somehow forced MC to choose between Summer and her.

Reactions: Don Sucio
Oct 10, 2022
Okay, I'll try to tie everything together. Though it could be a little loose tie.

Summer's family does not approve of her relationship with MC, but they see it as some childhood plaything and do not act on it. Then they notice it's more than that, so they try to stop them, hence the ice cream scene. Then, when they go to the cabin—MC mentioned it's not a close distance—they are trying to run away together. Nami, out of jealousy or fear of losing MC, tells their whereabouts to Summer's family. Summer's family acts on it, and send some people try to fetch Summer, but when they try, MC tries to stop them and gets heavily beaten by the henchmen. Thus he hates knights in shining armor. Sent to the hospital with heavy wounds, thus his mental condition. Summer met with MC one last time and gave him the rubber as a parting gift. She lets go of MC because she does not want him to get hurt more. After her disappearance, MC broke down, and Nami feels terrible about it and comes clean about what happened. MC forgave her because he understood why she did it, and they promised each other never to talk about it again.

Please don't dig too deep though, it's already too fragile as it is.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Okay, I'll try to tie everything together. Though it could be a little loose tie.

Summer's family does not approve of her relationship with MC, but they see it as some childhood plaything and do not act on it. Then they notice it's more than that, so they try to stop them, hence the ice cream scene. Then, when they go to the cabin—MC mentioned it's not a close distance—they run away together. Nami, out of jealousy or fear of losing MC, tells their whereabouts to Summer's family. Summer's family acts on it, and send some people try to fetch Summer, but when they try, MC tries to stop them and gets heavily beaten by the henchmen. Thus he hates knights in shining armor. Sent to the hospital with heavy wounds, thus his mental condition. Summer met with MC one last time and gave him the rubber as a parting gift. She lets go of MC because she does not want him to get hurt more. After her disappearance. MC broke down, and Nami feels terrible about it and comes clean about what happened. MC forgave her because he understood why she did it, and they promised each other never to talk about it again.

one of the more believable theories honestly

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

Summer's family does not approve of her relationship with MC, but they see it as some childhood plaything and do not act on it. Then they notice it's more than that, so they try to stop them, hence the ice cream scene. Then, when they go to the cabin—MC mentioned it's not a close distance—they run away together. Nami, out of jealousy or fear of losing MC, tells their whereabouts to Summer's family. Summer's family acts on it, and send some people try to fetch Summer, but when they try, MC tries to stop them and gets heavily beaten by the henchmen. Thus he hates knights in shining armor. Sent to the hospital with heavy wounds, thus his mental condition. Summer met with MC one last time and gave him the rubber as a parting gift. She lets go of MC because she does not want him to get hurt more. After her disappearance. MC broke down, and Nami feels terrible about it and comes clean about what happened. MC forgave her because he understood why she did it, and they promised each other never to talk about it again.

You could be at something here. You caught most of hinds (can't add a single one), but you conclusion based on those facts can be still false. Or not. There are still some big holes in the story. The question stays: Why is Sommer gone...

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
You could be at something here. You caught most of hinds (can add a single one), but you conclusion based on those facts can be still false. Or not. There are still some big holes in the story. The question stays: Why is Sommer gone...
Well, I bent the hints to fit my storytelling so it can be very well not be true. You are absolutely right, there is much to tell about the story and there are bajillion LI at the moment, with counting to throuples I genuinely am wondering how Ocean gonna pull it off.

For why Summer has gone, well if it was her choice like I thought and not something happened to her. Maybe she did not want to see MC get hurt more, physically and emotionally. Sometimes you love someone so much, the best thing you could do for them is letting them go.

• Haha
Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Well, I bent the hints to fit my storytelling so it can be very well not be true. You are absolutely right, there is much to tell about the story and there are bajillion LI at the moment, with counting to throuples I genuinely am wondering how Ocean gonna pull it off.

For why Summer has gone, well if it was her choice like I thought and not something happened to her. Maybe she did not want to see MC get hurt more, physically and emotionally. Sometimes you love someone so much, the best thing you could do for them is letting them go.
You did good at story bending. It could be the truth.
Well, we knew that Sommer disappeared. Ocean spoiled it with game's name already. Thanks for that Ocean... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4.30 star(s) 507 Votes