HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I too think that the reason Summer is gone is more criminal in nature than a simple "her family did not like Nika and moved away". Nika was seriously hurt that day (both lungs collapsed) and has a trauma from it. That does not hint at a mundane leaving of town.
It would also fit more with WIAB´s theme. Willi (or whatever we name him) Zane, the WIAB MC, returns to Wollust after years of absence because his mother was in an accident which left her mute from shock. But his father Dylan and even more so his sister Leia think the accident was no accident, but more an assasination attempt.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Didn't forgot, but even now she's waaaay better then Mulder... today or ever...

But yes, I meant about Scully in her prime... 30 years ago...
I think Gillian Anderson got better with age tbh. Her outing in American Gods. Oh god, I almost died. Love her.

Reactions: rudy007

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
So, within a period of four years years at High School, there's also the matter of the MC's injuries from the "violent incident" resulting in a collapsed lung.
The thing is, the "violent incident" resulted in BOTH lung wings collapsing (which is stated in game) among other injuries. We are talking here about major, lifethreatening traumata. It is far more likely the result of what happened when Summer went missing than the result of schoolyard fisticuffs, because some idiot looked the wrong way at Nami.

Reactions: John972

John972

Apr 24, 2018
The thing is, the "violent incident" resulted in BOTH lung wings collapsing (which is stated in game) among other injuries. We are talking here about major, lifethreatening traumata. It is far more likely the result of what happened when Summer went missing than the result of schoolyard fisticuffs, because some idiot looked the wrong way at Nami.
The actual quote from the flashback is "His lungs collapsed!" meaning his lung (singular) has collapsed ("His lung's collapsed!" not "His lungs have collapsed!"). He the MC also appears to have a bleeding laceration on right forearm. So...

1. car crash or similar incident? (unlikely since they're usually not described as a "violent incident")
2. assault or incident relating to Summer's disappearance?
3. assault during a fight relating to Nami at HS?

I'm keeping an open mind on this.

Even High School students are known to carry knives...

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
The actual quote from the flashback is "His lungs collapsed!" meaning his lung (singular) has collapsed ("His lung's collapsed!" not "His lungs have collapsed!"). He the MC also appears to have a bleeding laceration on right forearm. So...

1. car crash or similar incident?
3. assault relating to Nami at HS?

I might not be a native English speaker, but I learned that "lungs" is plural, meaning both lung wings collapsed. That sentence is spoken in an Emergency room, so contracted speech is not rare. But lungs without an apostroph is always s-plural in English.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I might not be a native English speaker, but I learned that "lungs" is plural, meaning both lung wings collapsed. That sentence is spoken in an Emergency room, so contracted speech is not rare. But lungs without an apostroph is always s-plural in English.
I am a native English speaker, so I know when a sentence has a common grammatical/punctuation mistake. Contraction of the plural in speech would sound like "lungs've."

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021

1. car crash or similar incident? (unlikely since they're usually not described as a "violent incident")
3. assault during a fight relating to Nami at HS?

I'm keeping an open mind on this.

or
4. The spiders rose up against their oppressors.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I am a native English speaker, so I know when a sentence has a common grammatical mistake. Contraction of the plural in speech would sound like "lungs've."
As said, I understood it as both lung wings collapsed, on the grammar scale very misleading. "His lungs collapsed" can still mean plural and I think that is what Ocean meant. In German this contracted sentence would be rendered as "(Seine) Lungen (sind) kollabiert" which is completely clear since Lungen is the n-plural and in German there is even no ambiguity there with an s-plural due to different grammatical marking.
Singular would be "(Seine) Lunge (ist) kollabiert" and mean one lung wing collapsed.

Treyyyy

Feb 28, 2022
is the patch working for anyone? i did the instructions but nami still calls the mc "roomie"

Edit: nevermind it was just for that one scene

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
As said, I understood it as both lung wings collapsed, on the grammar scale very misleading. "His lungs collapsed" can still mean plural and I think that is what Ocean meant. In German this contracted sentence would be rendered as "(Seine) Lungen (sind) kollabiert" which is completely clear since Lungen is the n-plural and in German there is even no ambiguity there with an s-plural due to different grammatical marking.
Singular would be "(Seine) Lunge (ist) kollabiert" and mean one lung wing collapsed.
I checked the Discord channel and no one has brought up this particular grammar ambiguity from the game. I posted a message there, asking for clarification on plural versus singular.

Reactions: Turret
4.30 star(s) 503 Votes