Oct 10, 2022
Okay, I'll try to tie everything together. Though it could be a little loose tie.

Summer's family does not approve of her relationship with MC, but they see it as some childhood plaything and do not act on it. Then they notice it's more than that, so they try to stop them, hence the ice cream scene. Then, when they go to the cabin—MC mentioned it's not a close distance—they are trying to run away together. Nami, out of jealousy or fear of losing MC, tells their whereabouts to Summer's family. Summer's family acts on it, and send some people try to fetch Summer, but when they try, MC tries to stop them and gets heavily beaten by the henchmen. Thus he hates knights in shining armor. Sent to the hospital with heavy wounds, thus his mental condition. Summer met with MC one last time and gave him the rubber as a parting gift. She lets go of MC because she does not want him to get hurt more. After her disappearance, MC broke down, and Nami feels terrible about it and comes clean about what happened. MC forgave her because he understood why she did it, and they promised each other never to talk about it again.

Please don't dig too deep though, it's already too fragile as it is.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Okay, I'll try to tie everything together. Though it could be a little loose tie.

Summer's family does not approve of her relationship with MC, but they see it as some childhood plaything and do not act on it. Then they notice it's more than that, so they try to stop them, hence the ice cream scene. Then, when they go to the cabin—MC mentioned it's not a close distance—they run away together. Nami, out of jealousy or fear of losing MC, tells their whereabouts to Summer's family. Summer's family acts on it, and send some people try to fetch Summer, but when they try, MC tries to stop them and gets heavily beaten by the henchmen. Thus he hates knights in shining armor. Sent to the hospital with heavy wounds, thus his mental condition. Summer met with MC one last time and gave him the rubber as a parting gift. She lets go of MC because she does not want him to get hurt more. After her disappearance. MC broke down, and Nami feels terrible about it and comes clean about what happened. MC forgave her because he understood why she did it, and they promised each other never to talk about it again.

one of the more believable theories honestly

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

Summer's family does not approve of her relationship with MC, but they see it as some childhood plaything and do not act on it. Then they notice it's more than that, so they try to stop them, hence the ice cream scene. Then, when they go to the cabin—MC mentioned it's not a close distance—they run away together. Nami, out of jealousy or fear of losing MC, tells their whereabouts to Summer's family. Summer's family acts on it, and send some people try to fetch Summer, but when they try, MC tries to stop them and gets heavily beaten by the henchmen. Thus he hates knights in shining armor. Sent to the hospital with heavy wounds, thus his mental condition. Summer met with MC one last time and gave him the rubber as a parting gift. She lets go of MC because she does not want him to get hurt more. After her disappearance. MC broke down, and Nami feels terrible about it and comes clean about what happened. MC forgave her because he understood why she did it, and they promised each other never to talk about it again.

You could be at something here. You caught most of hinds (can't add a single one), but you conclusion based on those facts can be still false. Or not. There are still some big holes in the story. The question stays: Why is Sommer gone...

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
You could be at something here. You caught most of hinds (can add a single one), but you conclusion based on those facts can be still false. Or not. There are still some big holes in the story. The question stays: Why is Sommer gone...
Well, I bent the hints to fit my storytelling so it can be very well not be true. You are absolutely right, there is much to tell about the story and there are bajillion LI at the moment, with counting to throuples I genuinely am wondering how Ocean gonna pull it off.

For why Summer has gone, well if it was her choice like I thought and not something happened to her. Maybe she did not want to see MC get hurt more, physically and emotionally. Sometimes you love someone so much, the best thing you could do for them is letting them go.

• Haha
Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Well, I bent the hints to fit my storytelling so it can be very well not be true. You are absolutely right, there is much to tell about the story and there are bajillion LI at the moment, with counting to throuples I genuinely am wondering how Ocean gonna pull it off.

For why Summer has gone, well if it was her choice like I thought and not something happened to her. Maybe she did not want to see MC get hurt more, physically and emotionally. Sometimes you love someone so much, the best thing you could do for them is letting them go.
You did good at story bending. It could be the truth.
Well, we knew that Sommer disappeared. Ocean spoiled it with game's name already. Thanks for that Ocean... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
You did good at story bending. It could be the truth.
Well, we knew that Sommer disappeared. Ocean spoiled it with game's name already. Thanks for that Ocean... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Summer's family does not approve of her relationship with MC, but they see it as some childhood plaything and do not act on it. Then they notice it's more than that, so they try to stop them, hence the ice cream scene. Then, when they go to the cabin—MC mentioned it's not a close distance—they are trying to run away together. Nami, out of jealousy or fear of losing MC, tells their whereabouts to Summer's family. Summer's family acts on it, and send some people try to fetch Summer, but when they try, MC tries to stop them and gets heavily beaten by the henchmen. Thus he hates knights in shining armor. Sent to the hospital with heavy wounds, thus his mental condition. Summer met with MC one last time and gave him the rubber as a parting gift. She lets go of MC because she does not want him to get hurt more. After her disappearance, MC broke down, and Nami feels terrible about it and comes clean about what happened. MC forgave her because he understood why she did it, and they promised each other never to talk about it again.

I genuinely think dark theme of the game comes from that specific event and I also believe it is related to what happened to Summer. I think Nami somehow forced MC to choose between Summer and her.
The key word in relation to Summer that's uttered several times by the Cyrus family (MC, Nami, Nojiko) is "disappearance." So, she's not dead or knowingly somewhere else in the eyes of the Cyrus family, unless the word is deliberately used around the MC as a euphemism.

Disappeared in the literal sense could refer to a very broad spectrum of events from dark (kidnapping/MH370) to more mundane (sequestered away from the MC and the Cyrus family)

On an MH370-type incident - some elements in the storyline so far do support such a wild theory (others don't). Summer's family were going away on holiday, The MC saw Summer one last time (before/as Summer and her family departed?). Summer disappeared. By odd coincidence, the "five years" since Summer disappeared almost fits a real-life timeline of the actual event to when SG was first released. As an alternative, maybe the family disappeared while on holiday (kidnapped).

I don't think these scenarios are realistic because they involve external forces unrelated to the MC. Amber, who Nojiko no doubt briefed before her first therapy session with the MC, asks him, "I get the feeling that you are... let's say in some way- blaming yourself?" The MC replies, "It... wasn't my fault." It's safe to assume the MC has a direct connection to Summer's disappearance.

So, it's easy to spin a thousand theories based upon the clues presented so far in the game. Time will tell if any of us got close...

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018

Even if some of the details of your theory are wrong, your general premise could be in the right ballpark.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Even if some of the details of your theory are wrong, your general premise could be in the right ballpark.
I still think that it was something more violent than just the intrigues of angry Summer's family. The theory is that Summer was kidnapped and since then her fate has been unknown as her body has never been found seems more plausible to me. Or maybe Sasha was kidnapped by the same criminals but she managed to escape, which could explain the story behind her scar. It even makes more sense if we remember the fact that Summer and Sasha's families are some of the richest in town, so it was really for ransom. And since they've been held together for a while, Summer told Sasha about Nika and their relationship, which is why Sasha acts weird every time she sees him. We can also add the "cruel incident" to this, Summer was with Nika when it happened, and he tried to stop the attacker(s). And of course, the Summer family hit a nail in Nika's head when they blamed him for what happened because she ran away with him that day instead of bearing her royal duties with the family. He already blamed himself, but that was the last straw, he drowned in guilt and became the guy we met at the beginning of the game.
Phew, it's so easy to come up with theories when the story is good and you love the characters.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I still think that it was something more violent than just the intrigues of angry Summer's family. The theory is that Summer was kidnapped and since then her fate has been unknown as her body has never been found seems more plausible to me. Or maybe Sasha was kidnapped by the same criminals but she managed to escape, which could explain the story behind her scar. It even makes more sense if we remember the fact that Summer and Sasha's families are some of the richest in town, so it was really for ransom. And since they've been held together for a while, Summer told Sasha about Nika and their relationship, which is why Sasha acts weird every time she sees him. We can also add the "cruel incident" to this, Summer was with Nika when it happened, and he tried to stop the attacker(s). And of course, the Summer family hit a nail in Nika's head when they blamed him for what happened because she ran away with him that day instead of bearing her royal duties with the family. He already blamed himself, but that was the last straw, he drowned in guilt and became the guy we met at the beginning of the game.
Phew, it's so easy to come up with theories when the story is good and you love the characters.
Yeah, anything is possible, and I agree your theory is plausible. We're patiently waiting to be drip-fed clues to tie the narrative and events together and to reveal underlying the mystery. :love: Note - follow the elementary to high school relationships. So far, the MC, Nami, and Summer went to the same schools, and Nia joined them in high school at least. The rest of the principle college characters went to different elementary, middle, and high schools to the MC/Nami/Summer. Sasha, I recall, is an exception 'cause she remains enigmatic - nothing about her school life prior to college has been revealed. However, to date, Sasha's only interest in the MC is purely related to his association with Bella and nothing else.

I just keep an open mind, especially in the knowledge of Ocean's change of tone for the game. There's such a broad spectrum of possibilities available regarding Summer's disappearance, from really dark to mundane (which is why I keep shitposting different scenarios ;):D I have no more of a solid grasp on what happened than any other punter).

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Yeah, anything is possible, and I agree your theory is plausible. We're patiently waiting to be drip-fed clues to tie the narrative and events together and to reveal underlying the mystery. :love: Note - follow the elementary to high school relationships. So far, the MC, Nami, and Summer went to the same schools, and Nia joined them in high school at least. The rest of the principle college characters went to different elementary, middle, and high schools to the MC/Nami/Summer. Sasha, I recall, is an exception 'cause she remains enigmatic - nothing about her school life prior to college has been revealed. However, to date, Sasha's only interest in the MC is purely related to his association with Bella and nothing else.
Not everything is so simple with Sasha. If the MC goes to the gym with Bella, there will come a point where he thinks he recognized Sasha from somewhere. Later in the audience, when the MC spotted the smiling eraser, the camera focuses on Sasha's face as if she know something about it. Too few facts to draw conclusions, but strange enough to go unnoticed. But you are right, Sasha's interest in the MC is mainly due to his connection with Bella, and the interest in Bella is apparently due to her friendship with Robin, who obviously has some tension in relations with Bella.

I just keep an open mind, especially in the knowledge of Ocean's change of tone for the game. There's such a broad spectrum of possibilities available regarding Summer's disappearance, from really dark to mundane (which is why I keep shitposting different scenarios ;):D I have no more of a solid grasp on what happened than any other punter).
Yes, everything we have learned about this topic is still not enough to come to reliable conclusions. So far, everything we know about Summer's disappearance can be twisted to support just about any theory. Let's change my assumption from "kidnap for ransom" to "plane crash" as you mentioned earlier, and it still makes sense.

Damn, Ocean, give us an update asap, or you won't like what we make of your story! :KEK:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Not everything is so simple with Sasha. If the MC goes to the gym with Bella, there will come a point where he thinks he recognized Sasha from somewhere. Later in the audience, when the MC spotted the smiling eraser, the camera focuses on Sasha's face as if she know something about it. Too few facts to draw conclusions, but strange enough to go unnoticed. But you are right, Sasha's interest in the MC is mainly due to his connection with Bella, and the interest in Bella is apparently due to her friendship with Robin, who obviously has some tension in relations with Bella.

Yes, everything we have learned about this topic is still not enough to come to reliable conclusions. So far, everything we know about Summer's disappearance can be twisted to support just about any theory. Let's change my assumption from "kidnap for ransom" to "plane crash" as you mentioned earlier, and it still makes sense.

Damn, Ocean, give us an update asap, or you won't like what we make of your story! :KEK:
Yeah, the MC thinks "For some reason I feel like... never mind" when looking at Sasha at the gym (only when going to the gym with Bella). It's suitably cryptic!

Another aspect to Bella/Sasha... Amber went to college with Sasha's mom and they are friends, so it's likely Bella and Sasha have known each other socially for a long time, even if they've never been friends.

You are right... during various scenes, Ocean has chosen to focus (figuratively and literally) on the reactions of characters in the background. I assume there is a reason for this in most cases.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I still think that it was something more violent than just the intrigues of angry Summer's family. The theory is that Summer was kidnapped and since then her fate has been unknown as her body has never been found seems more plausible to me. Or maybe Sasha was kidnapped by the same criminals but she managed to escape, which could explain the story behind her scar. It even makes more sense if we remember the fact that Summer and Sasha's families are some of the richest in town, so it was really for ransom.
I too think that the reason Summer is gone is more criminal in nature than a simple "her family did not like Nika and moved away". Nika was seriously hurt that day (both lungs collapsed) and has a trauma from it. That does not hint at a mundane leaving of town.
It would also fit more with WIAB´s theme. Willi (or whatever we name him) Zane, the WIAB MC, returns to Wollust after years of absence because his mother was in an accident which left her mute from shock. But his father Dylan and even more so his sister Leia think the accident was no accident, but more an assasination attempt.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I too think that the reason Summer is gone is more criminal in nature than a simple "her family did not like Nika and moved away". Nika was seriously hurt that day (both lungs collapsed) and has a trauma from it. That does not hint at a mundane leaving of town.
It would also fit more with WIAB´s theme. Willi (or whatever we name him) Zane, the WIAB MC, returns to Wollust after years of absence because his mother was in an accident which left her mute from shock. But his father Dylan and even more so his sister Leia think the accident was no accident, but more an assasination attempt.
It's a fallacy to assume the MC's hospital visit (the "violent incident") is directly linked to the day of Summer's disappearance.

I am not saying they aren't part of the same event (because the story definitely supports the possibility), rather nothing in story so far confirms that they are.

There's two conversations of interest:

MC to Jeff: "...I dominated in high school basketball... But I quit half a year in." Nami to Jeff: "He would have made the high school basketball team as a starter if... something wouldn't have happened."

The MC could be deliberately bending the truth in his conversation to Jeff, but quitting the team isn't the same as being forced out due to injury and hospitalization. Nami's comment could refer to an injury to the MC, yes, but it could also simply refer to Summer's disappearance. Taken strictly at face value, the conversations suggest the MC decided to quit the basketball team after Summer's disappearence. He wouldn't have had a choice to quit with a collapsed lung.

If you look at the rough timeline of events, things don't always add up/fit well:

- Summer disappeared 5 years before the start of the game .
- Conversations suggest this likely happened when Nika was 13-14 years old - the first year at Tropics High School.
- Something happened to cause the MC to leave the HS basketball team half a year into the (first?) school year.
- AFTER Summer's disappearance, the MC continued High School. At first, he got picked on because he was the "weird kid". Later he got into fights trying to protect Nami from boys.
- Nothing so far suggests the MC didn't finish High School, which would be around 3.5-4 years after Summer's disappearance. He would be around 17 years old by then. It would be around 6-12 months before the start of the game.
- Something well after Summer's disappearance caused the MC to become so anti-social, he rarely left his bedroom/home. This behavior was going on for at least a year before the start of the game (MC didn't know Obama's Kebab closed down a year before). What happened to make the MC this way a year before the start of the game and not five years before, when Summer disappeared?

So, within a period of four years years at High School, there's also the matter of the MC's injuries from the "violent incident" resulting in a collapsed lung. This required hospitalization and would no doubt require rehabilitation (a year?), resulting in significant time off High School, assuming it happened while he was there.

All this depends, of course, on all characters telling the truth throughout the game...

For me, the "violent incident" that sent the MC to hospital could be:

1. something that happened at the time of Summer's disappearance, or
2. something that happened at High School "protecting" Nami (after Summer's disappearance)

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 503 Votes