Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Nothing to understand really. She's just not everyone's cup of tea. Her looks or personality.

Yea I usually turn her down in pretty much every save I have, that'd be the only motivation for me to go see her, to hear her out about other topics like those you mentioned since she and Nami talked about Summer - could lead to more details about the past. I am hoping this is at least the case because otherwise this next update does not bode well for me at least.
^ Couldn't agree more. I don't hate Nia - she's actually pretty darn cute, and has a nice body. But as soon as I found out she was a sex worker she was automatically friend-zoned and I automatically rejected her invitation. Seems nice, though, so in my playthrough my MC will be friendly with her, he just won't date her under any circumstances. I do hope the scenes and route with her are great for the people who are pursuing her, though. Ultimately I want us all to have an enjoyable time with the LIs we go after.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
^ Couldn't agree more. I don't hate Nia - she's actually pretty darn cute, and has a nice body. But as soon as I found out she was a sex worker she was automatically friend-zoned and I automatically rejected her invitation. Seems nice, though, so in my playthrough my MC will be friendly with her, he just won't date her under any circumstances. I do hope the scenes and route with her are great for the people who are pursuing her, though. Ultimately I want us all to have an enjoyable time with the LIs we go after.
I like Nia but she came across as too needy early on.

When the MC was trying to get his team to give their all in that BB game and Nia said she would not do that for him unless he came to her house, that felt too transactional to me - almost like blackmail.

I realized later that I was holding Nia to a double standard when I had the MC ask Zara to train him and she said she would if he helped her with getting payback on Melanie Ceril. I did not have a problem with Zara asking for that and I knew more about Zara and was starting to trust her.

I've got two saves and I will definitely play the Nia content. If she blossoms the way Zara did once we discovered she is one of the daughters of the man Noji has been dating, then I could end up with another potential LI.

My current LIs are Bella as primary and Zara as secondary.

I currently don't think of Nia as an LI but Ocean tells the stories of the different women so well that Nia's story could resonate with me and I end up seeing her through new eyes.

The Nia teaser pics make me imagine more of the story and that makes it Much harder to wait patiently for the next rev!

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
We really should write down the names of people talking down Nia. They'll be the same praising her after the update is out.
It's almost like Zara in Ch4 teached you nothing. :LOL:

Ocean has been calling Nia "my girl" for quite a while. She wasn't even supposed to be a LI at first but he came to like her so much she's a main LI now. I guess the next update will start to make us see her in a whole different light and he's looking forward to it.
The ones talking down Nia won't be going to her house probably, I rejected her on all my playthroughs...

It's like everyone is talking, being clingy, needy and trying to corrupt Nami is a big no-no to many players... It doesn't sit well with my MC at all... there are many, many hot girls for me to worry about some cam girl. Anything can happen, of course but I doubt I'll be praising her at all.

I want Nami far far away from her

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
I'm not blaming people who find Nia unbereable. Truth of the matter is we are all different, and there's people who have less tolerance to others' 'special personalities'. An example of this is Nika himself, if it wasn't for Nami being the voice of reason,he would have gotten rid of Nia right away and wouldn't feel sorry about being mean to her.

I personally learnt to pay attention to people's words, reactions and body language, no matter how insignificant their actions are (perks of dating a psychologist for while, among other personal things), so whenever I met someone in real life or see some character who seems annoying at first, I hold my judgement and wait to see more about them. I see in Nia more than it meets the eye because I'm patient enough to she past through her annoying initial behavior, and while she isn't my no. 1 girl in SG, she's in the top 3 because of this very reason. Besides, I trust Ocean's character development and storytelling, can't wait to know more about her.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Regarding Nia....

One of the beauties of this game is that Ocean...

...wants to make the interactions between different characters very organic (my words, not Ocean's). The backstory any player gets on the fly will be dependent on choices and friendships they make for the MC in the game.

When the MC visits Nia in CH 5, we might find out the impact, if any, of inviting Nami to the 2nd gym session in CH 3, since Nami, in turn, invited Nia. Only in this scenario did Nia ask Nami a question about the MC and Summer (Nia went to the same High School, so I am sure she knows first-hand that something went down from the time it happened).

How will Nami's answer to Nia's question in CH 3 affect the interaction/conversations between Nia and the MC in CH 5? Will not going to the gym with Nami in CH 3 result in a slightly different interaction/outcome in CH 5, since Nia never asked the question?

There are so many subtleties in this game that can only be discovered via multiple replays using multiple combinations of options. What we know or think we know about Bella is a case in point. The characters in this game all have their own opinions and it depends who you ask...

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
We really should write down the names of people talking down Nia. They'll be the same praising her after the update is out.
It's almost like Zara in Ch4 teached you nothing. :LOL:

Ocean has been calling Nia "my girl" for quite a while. She wasn't even supposed to be a LI at first but he came to like her so much she's a main LI now. I guess the next update will start to make us see her in a whole different light and he's looking forward to it.
Feel free to write mine down. The amount of work Ocean would have to put in to make Nia bearable or tolerable in my eyes would have to be herculean. Also not sure about your Zara comment. How did chapter 4 make Zara more likeable? She hides her insecurities behind a massive layer of arrogance. I fucking hate arrogant people. Nothing in chapter 4 made me like Zara at all.

Yeah Ocean has had like 6 different "my girls" over the past 3 years that I know of...I wouldn't read too much into that...

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Here's what I want to know. Ocean said in his last log that the update was about 40% complete at 640 renders, which mean there's only going to be 1600 renders, give or take?

If so, that's pretty disappointing, given this is a full (whole number) update. Even if the rework bumps up the final render count, I don’t know.

What do you guys think about this?

Reactions: seden

Cahmon

Jul 24, 2021
Here's what I want to know. Ocean said in his last log that the update was about 40% complete at 640 renders, which mean there's only going to be 1600 renders, give or take?

If so, that's pretty disappointing, given this is a full (whole number) update. Even if the rework bumps up the final render count, I don’t know.

What do you guys think about this?
The whole number and half number updates aren't indicative of much at all and in size they're not meant to differ except to however much Ocean needs to fit in in order to get it to its update end point. In general, all updates tend to hover around this render count.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Chapter 4 was particularly large and initially supposed to be even larger because of the tabletop session so it's larger than general updates but not because its a whole chapter update.

I don't think it's disappointing at all, Ocean has planned out practically the whole game at this point so he knows how many renders each update needs and if it's shorter than you hope then all that means is that the next updates will arrive quicker than if we have larger updates i.e 3 updates of ~2,500 renders or 5 updates of ~1,500 renders would still take us to the same point and you'd expect that each of these avenues would take the same amount of time to get out.

Bloker997

Aug 20, 2022
She's one of Bella's friends, I think this is one of the first scenes you see her in...
View attachment 2596260

She's also one of the main girls who is competing in basketball...
View attachment 2596262

The MC gets angry at her and Bella for telling him that Cheeto was in trouble and using her to get him, and he shows her his anger by doing something horrifying to her... he takes her Banana <shudder>... the horrors!
View attachment 2596268

And finally, they do role playing with her...
View attachment 2596269
on the 3rd screen she looks like Bella, lol

Reactions: rudy007

hahequ

Apr 17, 2022
She's one of Bella's friends, I think this is one of the first scenes you see her in...
View attachment 2596260

She's also one of the main girls who is competing in basketball...
View attachment 2596262

The MC gets angry at her and Bella for telling him that Cheeto was in trouble and using her to get him, and he shows her his anger by doing something horrifying to her... he takes her Banana <shudder>... the horrors!
View attachment 2596268

And finally, they do role playing with her...
View attachment 2596269
We can all agree that
Nadia with the hat>>>Nadia without hat
Its just iconic feature of her design at this point

4.30 star(s) 503 Votes