Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
The most positive thing is then next v5.0full will be the last rework. (let's hope we don't see another in future) Next will be chapter 2...
Without a doubt this is one of the things most people here want to finish (i think), the reworks have been good for the season 1 ,but in future actualizations can´t be more reworks... players can´t be replaying the game always :LOL:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Without a doubt this is one of the things most people here want to finish (i think), the reworks have been good for the season 1 ,but in future actualizations can´t be more reworks... players can´t be replaying the game always :LOL:
Ocean figured out than in near future his game would be average at best (graphic). And he bought new expensive hardware (read: graphic cards) and improved dramatically render wise. Now he had prolong this game before next rework. Everything that matters now is how long it will last. 3,4 years, more? In current speed game will not be near complete in that timeline, means; new hardware (AI) and new rework for game to be still fresh looking. We will see how this will continue.
Story is good, renders are great, animations (cut scenes) are probably best in any AVN. Really good game, pretty balanced between render/animation/story quality...

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'm worried this guy is going to spend months or years doing rewrites and changes to past scenes and not actually continue the story most creators seem to fall into that loop after succeeding in making a decent game.
I'm actually Not worried about this.

You might ask why...

Ocean has been Very upfront with everyone that he is redoing the early parts of SG as part of polishing it prior to a Steam Season 1 release.

Rework is already done for all of CH 1, 2/3 of CH 2, as well as continuity work in CH 3 & CH 3.5 (including adding in additional content as part of preparation for the Sasha path).

He's told us that the rework will be finished with CH 5 and we expect a CH 5 Beta within the next roughly 60 days (Ocean has said that he will be releasing the next rev of WIAB first).

Sadly, part of this rework has included removing music that he cannot lock down ahead of the Steam release. (A music license for a single song in SG can cost high 4 digits), so Ocean had to replace a number of great songs with 'pageholder' music - which is often still good, but not the same as an animation that was built around a song like Humble Hey's What My Mama Said - which we lost access to due to licensing issues.)

There is significantly more detail within this thread re: the rework if you have been following it actively, so I won't get into all the specifics.

I will repeat what Ocean has asked of anyone who likes SG: Please wishlist it on Steam - it is Literally one of the few No cost ways to increase visibility of SG and help it to have an even better Steam launch when Season 1 goes live.

Cheers! :coffee:

May 15, 2018
It will be probably how it was before, first will be v5.0beta (new content, no rework), and then cca. 2 months later v5.0 with rework complete. And it's last if I'm not mistaken...
unless he want to rework chapter 3 and 3.5, it is likely that chapter5 beta will include the rework of chapter 2

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
unless he want to rework chapter 3 and 3.5, it is likely that chapter5 beta will include the rework of chapter 2
Nope, he decided to make a rework older renders when he got to v.3. Means all newer version are up to date. Whey you play it, and come to not reworked part of the game, you will see the difference. Amber (Bella's mother) is looking totally different than in reworked part.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Nope, he decided to make a rework older renders when he got to v.3. Means all newer version are up to date. Whey you play it, and come to not reworked part of the game, you will see the difference. Amber (Bella's mother) is looking totally different than in reworked part.
Nope, Ocean has stated publicly a while ago that part of Chapter 3 will also be reworked for continuity.

Reactions: rudy007

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Which part is Chapter 3 in the game? :unsure:
The part between going to the clinic at Maja's request because Vic is freaking out which leads to the group hug thing that ends with the physical therapist interrupting you and the part you get left, handcuffed in the girls locker room.

Check the written walkthrough for a better idea of the scenes included.

VicLex22

Oct 31, 2022
The part between going to the clinic at Maja's request because Vic is freaking out which leads to the group hug thing that ends with the physical therapist interrupting you and the part you get left, handcuffed in the girls locker room.

Check the written walkthrough for a better idea of the scenes included.
No, these are chapters 3 and 3.5
Chapter 3 begins with a trip to the clinic to Victoria and ends when Nami prepares MC for a date with Bella.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Hello,

So...
Would you look at that... A Dev log with only good news.

Let's start with music.
I've secured "Some Days" & "Run" from Late kids for both games, and they also sent me a new song, which I will license with the next batch of music from them.
But the biggest win is the following... There's a song I've been listening to for almost 2 years... Immediately a cinematic formed in my head and I've been working on it in my head ever since.
It's one of those songs that just clicked with me.
And after I told you guys about my music bitterness and stuff, and actually found back to looking for, and contacting new artists, I contacted him.
And the song is secured for SG Season 2.
I also signed a few other songs from him I really liked for Season 1 (Chapter 5).
The cinematic will be made in Blender and can be seen as the final switch from Daz to Blender.
It will occur in the later part of Season 2, but it's going to raise the bar so fucking high. None of what I'm currently producing gets even close to it.
I'm going to pour my heart and soul into this cinematic when we finally arrive there.
I'm not going to mention the song, as I want to keep it secret until it gets released.
But damn, this is such a big win, and makes me so happy.
Every single artist I contacted agreed to the terms & I'm slowly building a network of talented music boys I can rely on. (Which also introduce me to more and more artists.)
After the release on Steam, I'll have another argument of why it's a good idea to let me license their music.

Status of Chapter 5.
The art for around 700 lines of dialogue is left, which translates to around 350-550 renders.
I expanded a previous scene and finished that one now, and I'm about to finish the biggest scene of the update.

For the past weeks I've been dedicating two hours a day to improving my English writing skills.
As a non-native boy, I often struggle to find the right words to really make something flow beautifully.
To give a visual representation of my current skill set:
My Writing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My Art:
Let's see where I'll be in a year from now.

Chapter 5 previews: 4K attached.
I really feel her lately... So here's another Nia preview.
"Lips Bellchen sometimes dreams about."
"Cheeto's Tabletop (Vietnam) Flashback."
I think there's gonna be one more Dev Log before the rendering completely finishes.
And then we're almost there... Then I'm going to reveal something of interest to you...
You'll like it, and until then, thanks for all the support & constant encouragement!

SG S1 on Steam:

- Ocean

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes