PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
i hear many people talking about the author's state of mind. Or how hard it is to prevent burnout. The solution seems rather simple to me as (i have experienced the same) Change professions. GO to a company that let's you create and go home at night and do something else. I have a family member that did just that. Still makes good bread and is always happy. Don't misunderstand i love both VN's,but if it really is that hard on you maybe you should think about what i just said.
You make a good point for a creator currently dealing with burnout or suffering from it and unable to find a way past it.

From a creator's perspective though, I think it is worth it to try to find a way forward, so that a creator can continue to do something that they love. The key is being able to find that way forward.

Ocean shared/continues to share his journey with us, and this (burnout) was something he seems to have overcome - he went through that valley and found a way to the other side.

He is now Very productive, actively works on the various aspects of his health (physical, mental, even social - he's been honest about it in his dev diaries), and he works on two related AVNs simultaneously to help avoid the burnout that lurks on the fringes for many creative people.

If you have seen the CH summaries of what he adds with each new release, then looked at the quality of those renders, the animations, music and story, he is actually far more productive than most of the creators out there.

I know some people new/newer to this thread post about frustrations with a creator who is dividing his time between two AVNs versus focusing on just one.

From what I've seen of both SG and WIAB, both are very good/great AVNs and, as a $ supporter, I am fine with Ocean managing his workload and maintaining his creativity by dividing his time by simultaneously developing both AVNs.

Would all of us like more great content faster - sure - but we'd be all for that with Any creative work we enjoyed from AVNs like SG to books, TV series etc.

It is looking like we will have the next release of WIAB and SG in the next 60 days and I am Especially looking forward to more SG!

Cheers! :coffee:

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
You make a good point for a creator currently dealing with burnout or suffering from it and unable to find a way past it.

From a creator's perspective though, I think it is worth it to try to find a way forward, so that a creator can continue to do something that they love. The key is being able to find that way forward.

Ocean shared/continues to share his journey with us, and this (burnout) was something he seems to have overcome - he went through that valley and found a way to the other side.

He is now Very productive, actively works on the various aspects of his health (physical, mental, even social - he's been honest about it in his dev diaries), and he works on two related AVNs simultaneously to help avoid the burnout that lurks on the fringes for many creative people.

If you have seen the CH summaries of what he adds with each new release, then looked at the quality of those renders, the animations, music and story, he is actually far more productive than most of the creators out there.

I know some people new/newer to this thread post about frustrations with a creator who is dividing his time between two AVNs versus focusing on just one.

From what I've seen of both SG and WIAB, both are very good/great AVNs and, as a $ supporter, I am fine with Ocean managing his workload and maintaining his creativity by dividing his time by simultaneously developing both AVNs.

Would all of us like more great content faster - sure - but we'd be all for that with Any creative work we enjoyed from AVNs like SG to books, TV series etc.

It is looking like we will have the next release of WIAB and SG in the next 60 days and I am Especially looking forward to more SG!

I would say half the people I have/had contact with have had a burnout in the last few years. Me inclusive. Must be something wrong with the world...

If I could I would support a few of my favorite creators. But unfortunately not in the financial position to spend money on nice stuff for years... Live sucks...

I'm always happy when I see people create beautiful stuff. This is one of those games...

ChampionXD

Jun 27, 2017
I'm worried this guy is going to spend months or years doing rewrites and changes to past scenes and not actually continue the story most creators seem to fall into that loop after succeeding in making a decent game.

dathk321

Sep 5, 2021
This game is 5 years already, and it just has reached 4.5 chapters. How long it will take to wait for the final chapter of this game? 5 years more :V

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
So is this new Chapter that's gonna be released going to have a rework for previous chapters or just new content. I've played the game and I want to replay it again because I didn't play the 4.5 Full. I'm hesitating if I should play it now or wait till release so that if there is a rework I don't have to play it twice again.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
So is this new Chapter that's gonna be released going to have a rework for previous chapters or just new content. I've played the game and I want to replay it again because I didn't play the 4.5 Full. I'm hesitating if I should play it now or wait till release so that if there is a rework I don't have to play it twice again.
It will be probably how it was before, first will be v5.0beta (new content, no rework), and then cca. 2 months later v5.0 with rework complete. And it's last if I'm not mistaken...

Last edited:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Bad news for me... i was hoping that 5.0 would be rework and new content in one launch... fuuuck :cry:. But it is what it is.
The most positive thing is then next v5.0full will be the last rework. (let's hope we don't see another in future) Next will be chapter 2...

Reactions: Don Sucio

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
The most positive thing is then next v5.0full will be the last rework. (let's hope we don't see another in future) Next will be chapter 2...
Without a doubt this is one of the things most people here want to finish (i think), the reworks have been good for the season 1 ,but in future actualizations can´t be more reworks... players can´t be replaying the game always :LOL:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Without a doubt this is one of the things most people here want to finish (i think), the reworks have been good for the season 1 ,but in future actualizations can´t be more reworks... players can´t be replaying the game always :LOL:
Ocean figured out than in near future his game would be average at best (graphic). And he bought new expensive hardware (read: graphic cards) and improved dramatically render wise. Now he had prolong this game before next rework. Everything that matters now is how long it will last. 3,4 years, more? In current speed game will not be near complete in that timeline, means; new hardware (AI) and new rework for game to be still fresh looking. We will see how this will continue.
Story is good, renders are great, animations (cut scenes) are probably best in any AVN. Really good game, pretty balanced between render/animation/story quality...

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'm worried this guy is going to spend months or years doing rewrites and changes to past scenes and not actually continue the story most creators seem to fall into that loop after succeeding in making a decent game.
I'm actually Not worried about this.

You might ask why...

Ocean has been Very upfront with everyone that he is redoing the early parts of SG as part of polishing it prior to a Steam Season 1 release.

Rework is already done for all of CH 1, 2/3 of CH 2, as well as continuity work in CH 3 & CH 3.5 (including adding in additional content as part of preparation for the Sasha path).

He's told us that the rework will be finished with CH 5 and we expect a CH 5 Beta within the next roughly 60 days (Ocean has said that he will be releasing the next rev of WIAB first).

Sadly, part of this rework has included removing music that he cannot lock down ahead of the Steam release. (A music license for a single song in SG can cost high 4 digits), so Ocean had to replace a number of great songs with 'pageholder' music - which is often still good, but not the same as an animation that was built around a song like Humble Hey's What My Mama Said - which we lost access to due to licensing issues.)

There is significantly more detail within this thread re: the rework if you have been following it actively, so I won't get into all the specifics.

I will repeat what Ocean has asked of anyone who likes SG: Please wishlist it on Steam - it is Literally one of the few No cost ways to increase visibility of SG and help it to have an even better Steam launch when Season 1 goes live.

May 15, 2018
It will be probably how it was before, first will be v5.0beta (new content, no rework), and then cca. 2 months later v5.0 with rework complete. And it's last if I'm not mistaken...
unless he want to rework chapter 3 and 3.5, it is likely that chapter5 beta will include the rework of chapter 2

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
unless he want to rework chapter 3 and 3.5, it is likely that chapter5 beta will include the rework of chapter 2
Nope, he decided to make a rework older renders when he got to v.3. Means all newer version are up to date. Whey you play it, and come to not reworked part of the game, you will see the difference. Amber (Bella's mother) is looking totally different than in reworked part.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Nope, he decided to make a rework older renders when he got to v.3. Means all newer version are up to date. Whey you play it, and come to not reworked part of the game, you will see the difference. Amber (Bella's mother) is looking totally different than in reworked part.
Nope, Ocean has stated publicly a while ago that part of Chapter 3 will also be reworked for continuity.

Reactions: rudy007
4.30 star(s) 506 Votes