PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
honestly love the game but if there are 27 more chapters planned after chapter 5 it's going to be 15-20 years before this is done at the rate he is going with making it that is if he doesn't decide to re-render the whole thing again in a few years when better genesis models come out.
It's hard to say how long SG development time will take.

I have not seen anything from Ocean saying how long WIAB will be, and he is developing both concurrently.

If WIAB is materially shorter in chapter length compared to SG, I don't know if he would change the rate of SG chapter production to WIAB chapter production from 1:1 to perhaps 2:1 for example.

His hardware has also limited his vision for scenes so how much will the hardware improvements he just identified in his dev log speed chapter development?

I do know that I'm sticking around for the duration - the story/render/music combination is First Class and, IMO, worth waiting for.

As far as additional rework, he's mentioned nothing about this beyond the work that he is wrapping up for Season 1.

He has said that he is shifting to blender (starting with season 2, I believe) and this will offer him more fidelity when working on his models.

I'm not a tech expert so I can offer no qualified opinion about what a new generation of Genesis models would bring to the table.

My impression from the little reading I've done is that it would be evolutionary versus revolutionary so perhaps Blender will more than compensate for the evolutionary benefits of a new gen of Genesis models.

I trust Ocean will continue to keep us informed regardless!

Cheers! :coffee:

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022

I have not seen anything from Ocean saying how long WIAB will be, and he is developing both concurrently.

If WIAB is materially shorter in chapter length compared to SG, I don't know if he would change the rate of SG chapter production to WIAB chapter production from 1:1 to perhaps 2:1 for example.

His hardware has also limited his vision for scenes so how much will the hardware improvements he just identified in his dev log speed chapter development?

I do know that I'm sticking around for the duration - the story/render/music combination is First Class and, IMO, worth waiting for.

As far as additional rework, he's mentioned nothing about this beyond the work that he is wrapping up for Season 1.

He has said that he is shifting to blender (starting with season 2, I believe) and this will offer him more fidelity when working on his models.

I'm not a tech expert so I can offer no qualified opinion about what a new generation of Genesis models would bring to the table.

My impression from the little reading I've done is that it would be evolutionary versus revolutionary so perhaps Blender will more than compensate for the evolutionary benefits of a new gen of Genesis models.

I plan to stick around for the duration of both of oceans current games and most likely any future games for the same reasons as you said. I haven't seen anything about how long WIAB is going to be either all i know is he said WIAB and SG are in the same universe and you can see from the gas station scene in chapter 1 of WIAB that they are in around the same time period as well and who knows what roles the characters will play as crossovers in the future.

With genesis stuff from what i have seen each generation is more realistic than the last i don't know how any future character appearance will be affected if he switches to blender i am only just learning the basics of both daz and blender.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022

WIAB will be shorter, there was discussion about it on WIAB thread (or maybe OT, too lazy to check :KEK:)

rj677

May 30, 2020
It got a total of 32 Chapters for the main story... I will certainly rewrite some Chapters that haven't been released yet over time, but well. Now we have a number.
32 Chapters... :HideThePain::FacePalm::unsure:

Now it makes sense how this game has over 20 possible LIs... Hell, with 32 chapters theres even a world where the MC will be allowed to suck on Ambers pierced nipples :devilish: :KEK:

wait hold on 32 CHAPTERS..??

holy SHUGAR thats a lot of writing

hell thats even MORE OF RENDERING
You missed one:

Heaven thats even A LOT MORE TIME TO WAIT :HideThePain::HideThePain:

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: NebulousShooter

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
An AI will complete the development of the game :PogChamp:!
Seriously speaking Ocean is developing quite fast when he's not doing a rework.
Some people talked about One Piece, I can think of Skyrim which will be 12 years old in november :4Head:.
Skyrim is something special, and when the game was released it was complete (and with tons of bugs)

Reactions: sava75

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
A simple math. 4 chapters in 4 years.
28 chapters remain = 28 years.
Hope he doesn't plan to die until 2051. :HideThePain:
...except computers get faster/more efficient at rendering every iteration, and Ocean has openly spoken about acheiving certain goals to speed up rendering. I think productivity will increase considerably once the Steam release is out. Once that happens, SG has an extra income stream that can be immediately directed to improving workflows. Ocean seems to be pretty committed to these games. Steam will also act as a catalyst to reinvest in speed, as keeping the attention of the one off payments per chapter is a great incentive to keep going.

I feel confident Ocean knows how to reach the finish line.

Vitez

Dec 9, 2017
...except computers get faster/more efficient at rendering every iteration, and Ocean has openly spoken about acheiving certain goals to speed up rendering. I think productivity will increase considerably once the Steam release is out. Once that happens, SG has an extra income stream that can be immediately directed to improving workflows. Ocean seems to be pretty committed to these games. Steam will also act as a catalyst to reinvest in speed, as keeping the attention of the one off payments per chapter is a great incentive to keep going.

I feel confident Ocean knows how to reach the finish line.
I've heard this too many times, following the game since 2018. No amount of money or raw computing power is going to make this faster, especially making two games at once. Just look at many many popular games and how many updates per year you get from them. Not even pinkcake has a studio (or at least group of ppl ), yet has all the money and computing power he wants. Not to mention that nVidia is forgoing the gaming industry in favor of AI. But maybe someone here has some insight that they can share.

TheReDeeMeR

Mar 18, 2018
I think productivity will increase considerably once the Steam release is out.....
We've been hearing that for years. Even with this dream PC that he wants, he won't make release a chapter every 1-2 months.
And what's up with this Steam release? Is it really a cash cow? You gonna buy it once and it gets updated every chapter, right?
And it will be like 10-15$?

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes