wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
Honestly love the game but if there are 27 more chapters planned after chapter 5 it's going to be 15-20 years before this is done at the rate he is going with making it that is if he doesn't decide to re-render the whole thing again in a few years when better genesis models come out. To be honest though if he can actually finish it there will be like 300 hours of gameplay if each chapter it the same length as the previous ones.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Sorry, but this is not art. I always had that much self-control! Here, the MC has neither superpowers nor have I experienced such a trauma like him.
And whether I have under control where my eyes wandered, depends and depended on the particular day. (Sometimes that is quite frustrating ;):D).
As an adult, I have the control to not need to have the wandering eyes and possible physical reaction.

As an 18 year old who went to a small high school where the guys outnumbered the girls by a significant margin (Seniors often went with Sophomore girls to Prom), I did not have that kind of control - there was simply too little opportunity to practice it I suppose.

I won't go the TMI route of Family, religion, etc. for other factors bearing on the situation.

I just think I had different early life experiences than you, so I made my comments based on the HS/early college experiences of both me and my friends.

Kudos to you for having a different, and hopefully better, experience!

Cheers! :coffee:

Reactions: hzjujk

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
wait hold on 32 CHAPTERS..??

holy SHUGAR thats a lot of writing

hell thats even MORE OF RENDERING
yea he has averaged around 1300-1600 renders per update but more or less there are currently somewhere around 10,000 renders in the game including the proposed 2000-2050 renders going to be in chapter 5 not including animated frames since there isn't a number for animated frames in all the dev logs. If he continues on with the more or less same average render number per update there will be around 64,000-70,000 renders by the time he is done.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
honestly love the game but if there are 27 more chapters planned after chapter 5 it's going to be 15-20 years before this is done at the rate he is going with making it that is if he doesn't decide to re-render the whole thing again in a few years when better genesis models come out.
It's hard to say how long SG development time will take.

I have not seen anything from Ocean saying how long WIAB will be, and he is developing both concurrently.

If WIAB is materially shorter in chapter length compared to SG, I don't know if he would change the rate of SG chapter production to WIAB chapter production from 1:1 to perhaps 2:1 for example.

His hardware has also limited his vision for scenes so how much will the hardware improvements he just identified in his dev log speed chapter development?

I do know that I'm sticking around for the duration - the story/render/music combination is First Class and, IMO, worth waiting for.

As far as additional rework, he's mentioned nothing about this beyond the work that he is wrapping up for Season 1.

He has said that he is shifting to blender (starting with season 2, I believe) and this will offer him more fidelity when working on his models.

I'm not a tech expert so I can offer no qualified opinion about what a new generation of Genesis models would bring to the table.

My impression from the little reading I've done is that it would be evolutionary versus revolutionary so perhaps Blender will more than compensate for the evolutionary benefits of a new gen of Genesis models.

I trust Ocean will continue to keep us informed regardless!

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022

I have not seen anything from Ocean saying how long WIAB will be, and he is developing both concurrently.

If WIAB is materially shorter in chapter length compared to SG, I don't know if he would change the rate of SG chapter production to WIAB chapter production from 1:1 to perhaps 2:1 for example.

His hardware has also limited his vision for scenes so how much will the hardware improvements he just identified in his dev log speed chapter development?

I do know that I'm sticking around for the duration - the story/render/music combination is First Class and, IMO, worth waiting for.

As far as additional rework, he's mentioned nothing about this beyond the work that he is wrapping up for Season 1.

He has said that he is shifting to blender (starting with season 2, I believe) and this will offer him more fidelity when working on his models.

I'm not a tech expert so I can offer no qualified opinion about what a new generation of Genesis models would bring to the table.

My impression from the little reading I've done is that it would be evolutionary versus revolutionary so perhaps Blender will more than compensate for the evolutionary benefits of a new gen of Genesis models.

I plan to stick around for the duration of both of oceans current games and most likely any future games for the same reasons as you said. I haven't seen anything about how long WIAB is going to be either all i know is he said WIAB and SG are in the same universe and you can see from the gas station scene in chapter 1 of WIAB that they are in around the same time period as well and who knows what roles the characters will play as crossovers in the future.

With genesis stuff from what i have seen each generation is more realistic than the last i don't know how any future character appearance will be affected if he switches to blender i am only just learning the basics of both daz and blender.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022

WIAB will be shorter, there was discussion about it on WIAB thread (or maybe OT, too lazy to check :KEK:)

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes