rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Agree, we should stop our language debate before mods try to find us at home. With a whip in their hand... And not in a fun way... Kassandara Finnish, agree, difficult and not compatible with any other language, but Hungarian, if I remember correctly. I heard it only few times an my own. Loved Finnish F1 drivers... :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Don Sucio

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
You're only half right, not everything depends on video cards. Without a large amount of Ram and a fast ssd, video cards will stand idle without work.
This time you are right, for example DAZ Studio is very demanding on RAM at the very beginning of rendering, and if all the RAM is full, then software crashing. But this problem is still much more easily solved at penny prices for RAM.

Having an SSD isn't that critical, but it's still a nice bonus when you have a scene and props that loads faster. I set up a folder for my library on the M2 and it's great.
PS Is the amount of video memory added up when rendering?
this no longer works with the RTX 4090, Huang removed NVLink. Actually, as in the entire 4000 generation.

Last edited:

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Partly that´s one of the reasons languages like Russian attract me, it´s a really complicated language, but i have a friend who due to the war between Russian and Ucraine has began to learn Russian , he is beginning but a few weeks ago he taught me some Russian and it´s really interesting and very different with my language, simply it attracts to me.
Having studied French helped me with Russian. There are a lot of French cognates in Russian, back from the time of the Czars and the aristocracy spoke French. German was tough for me, even though my native language is English. I'm with you in wanting to learn an Asian language. Japanese fascinates me (and is very pleasing to my ear like French).

My favorite language learning tool are movies, especially ones you are familiar with, in the language you want to learn. Helps a lot with slang and the difference between the book/university version of a language and the common spoken version.

Back to on topic, eagerly awaiting more Summer's Gone...sounds like it might actually be soon(tm).

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Anybody who I know and tried to learn German, but knowing English, failed.
That is not unusual, but could be prevented if how German is taught to English speakers ischanged. I have seen too many German courses where the english natives got fed with "German is tough" and "German is like English, but you have to move the verbs to the end". Which is complete BS!
When you make an English sentence for a couple centuries now, it has the strict SVO sequence, subject, then verb then object. While a simple German sentence with one verb seems to be the same and often said so in German courses, it is grammatically fundamental different!
German syntax is of the cross-linguistically very rare V2/OV type. Conjugated/auxilliary verb second component of the sentence, all other verbs last. It is actually the situation that a simple one verb sentence, despite how common and often used it is, is a big grammatical exception!
German (and Dutch, which linguistically is a western low Franconian dialect, no offence meant) grammar is very consistently showing a "verb last" deep structure, like Japanese, Mongolian or the languages of India. The V2 phenomenom and the mixed headedness of the grammar components, which is why we say "Doktor Müller" and not "Müller Doktor" as in some other verb last languages, of German might be a development due to the fact that German and Dutch are completely surrounded by "object last" languages.

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
That is not unusual, but could be prevented if how German is taught to English speakers ischanged. I have seen too many German courses where the english natives got fed with "German is tough" and "German is like English, but you have to move the verbs to the end". Which is complete BS!
When you make an English sentence for a couple centuries now, it has the strict SVO sequence, subject, then verb then object. While a simple German sentence with one verb seems to be the same and often said so in German courses, it is grammatically fundamental different!
German syntax is of the cross-linguistically very rare V2/OV type. Conjugated/auxilliary verb second component of the sentence, all other verbs last. It is actually the situation that a simple one verb sentence, despite how common and often used it is, is a big grammatical exception!
German (and Dutch, which linguistically is a western low Franconian dialect, no offence meant) grammar is very consistently showing a "verb last" deep structure, like Japanese, Mongolian or the languages of India. The V2 phenomenom and the mixed headedness of the grammar components, which is why we say "Doktor Müller" and not "Müller Doktor" as in some other verb last languages, of German might be a development due to the fact that German and Dutch are completely surrounded by "object last" languages.
When I started with English, it was so much easier for me. Grammar is less complex than German. There are many similar words.
One of my friends learned English in Germany. My god... I don't know how they learn it, but it should be British English, but its horrible to hear it. I learned English over a year in a language school and then in university (IT, let's be clear, with all localization, without English, you're screwed in IT.) I learned it more American English. And I never had problems with speech...
But we should return to Summer's Gone, before mods find this and begin to pull out their hair out and try to find out our real address... With a loaded gun... ;)

Last edited:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
someone should ask Ocean for LI list update now that he finished writing
Oceanlab

Is it possible for you to provide the general public with an up to date LI list.
There seem to appear some new females and speculation is reaching an eruption sooner rather than later
Since most inhabitants here at F95 are shy and hesitant I took the liberty to ask.
Wouldn't that be a spoiler? I mean, a complete list would anticipate not only those already known, but future appearances. And I don't want Ocean to confess that the only LI, the true and canon one, is Summer... :cool: :p

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
Isn't this list accurate right now? lonelyk updated it recently and I doubt nothing has changed since then, at least no more information given to the public.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Oceanlab

Is it possible for you to provide the general public with an up to date LI list.
There seem to appear some new females and speculation is reaching an eruption sooner rather than later
Since most inhabitants here at F95 are shy and hesitant I took the liberty to ask.
Let me enhance said eruption.

I posted on Discord a while ago that I'm not going to mention changes regarding the LIs anymore. Except if someone loses their LI status, which is most likely never going to be the case.

But I won't mention it anymore if someone becomes an LI, or a new LI is introduced. Sorry. :censored:
That's now for the player to find out.

If a girl gets her own epilogue chapter at the end of the game, you know she was an LI.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
holy shit time flies :KEK: Well anyway, there hasn't been any changes afaik, I'm quite active on Discord.. really active.. well okay okay I have no life and I'm just circlejerking there everyday :HideThePain:
I don't judge you, I sometimes think that I couldn't spend more time here. I'm not non stop here, but computer is practically connected at least 10 hours per day. At least I'm not the whole time at it. At least two hours effective per day.

Last edited:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Let me enhance said eruption.

I posted on Discord a while ago that I'm not going to mention changes regarding the LIs anymore. Except if someone loses their LI status, which is most likely never going to be the case.

But I won't mention it anymore if someone becomes an LI, or a new LI is introduced. Sorry. :censored:
That's now for the player to find out.

If a girl gets her own epilogue chapter at the end of the game, you know she was an LI.
Much obliged, dear sir.

To be frank, I am at a loss for words reviewing your response but at the same time content.
A list of this kind would not dampen but, on the other hand, Mount McKinley the already heated debate.
Now, each and every one of us can continue the everlasting struggle to be the MC who "bags" the right LI.

On second thought, as someone already mentioned, WHAT IF Summer came back?

Once again
Thank you for the honest reply.

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Just completed the current version and found it really great how the story and characters are developping with their problems not being treated lightly or as a joke.
The MC mental troubles is really well portrayed and believable with his reactions making sense in this context, great job!

Summer's Gone is joining my "best AVN" list easily.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes