m111m123

May 31, 2022
THe whole concept of Summer needing to exist beyond a flashback is just fan service at this point. There is no reason to assume that SG will have a self contained plot. Story 1, WIAB, kicks off and sets everything in motion. I am currently guessing the Frohn's and Nika's parents died as a result of some of the weirdness that happened there. The Holgersons changed, the Zanes changed, safe to say that it truly began in that story. THe major plot arcs are linked through Ocean's entire universe. So summer might have her side of the story as a separate novel. Nothing needs to be self contained and neatly tied up at the end. A good storyteller leaves enough mystery ongoing to drive the plot forward.
You are completely wrong here. Only popularity matters. The SG is the flagship that makes Ocean famous and transfers some of its popularity to Wiab. If there is no SG, then Wiab will soon be forgotten; if there is no Wiab, then this does not matter for SG. You would be right if Wiab was completely ready, in which case SG would be its continuation. In fact, it turns out that Wiab is a failed prequel to SG. Perhaps in the future Wiab will receive an interesting update and become popular, but for now we can only dream about it.

Sep 18, 2022
You are completely wrong here. Only popularity matters. The SG is the flagship that makes Ocean famous and transfers some of its popularity to Wiab. If there is no SG, then Wiab will soon be forgotten; if there is no Wiab, then this does not matter for SG. You would be right if Wiab was completely ready, in which case SG would be its continuation. In fact, it turns out that Wiab is a failed prequel to SG. Perhaps in the future Wiab will receive an interesting update and become popular, but for now we can only dream about it.
Reworked WIAB is just as good, but too little content at the moment. I have no doubt in my mind it would be a success it it's own right if SG were still dormant, or didn't exist.

You've become instantly recognizable by your ability to consistently pump out awful takes. It's impressive. Keep it up.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
Reworked WIAB is just as good, but too little content at the moment. I have no doubt in my mind it would be a success it it's own right if SG were still dormant, or didn't exist.
I never said that Wiab is bad, I'm just comparing these games. When a continuation of a movie or game comes out, its rating is compared with the previous part, and if the rating is lower by 15-20%, marketers start shouting that this is a failure. Wiab's rating is over 300% worse than SG's. What do you think marketers would say about such a rating? I think there would be one obscene language. :)

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
The funny thing is that SG is WiAB's sequel and also Ocean's second game.

He didn't even put any effort lol.

Reactions: Laehtsia

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Rebirth is good, but this is another level, trust me. Most people who love this game come here because of sex, but they stayed because of really good story. But if sex is your primary concern, then, no, this isn't for you...
Not YET...

Ocean can deliver on the Sex-part... he shows us in WiaB. And like the last episodes went, it cant be that far away anymore.

The pool/hottub scene was already a real lewd scene. The making out with the other girls got pretty "heated" too. So... the MC already had some "hard ons" here and there, and the next step isnt that far away anymore... It was never designed to be a "no-sex" game, of course there will be some along the road. I just hope Ocean will not overdo it with the Love-Interests in the game. His development pace is not the fastest, not slow either but he is developing two games at the same time, and both are kinda complex already. And especially SG has aldready many little branches and a lot of LIs in the game, and so far nearly every girl seems to be at least "chaseable" iam just a little afraid that too many LIs can grow over the head... that happened to A.O.A for example. The whole thing grew cleary over the head of that DEV.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

It's hard to understand when I see a post like this, like the post is exit from no where, so I had to "press the button", and surprise... there I understood it. It's nice to debate that idea, for Ocean there is no problem in calling WIAB a prequel (I asked him, because as a WIAB fan it bothered me knowing that WIAB was born much earlier) so if the creator is happy with that way of calling his creation, I have to accept it. But on the other hand the debatable thing is, and I only expose it as a mental exercise to talk about something, being that SG already has its script completed while WIAB was discarded once to start again, someone who doesn't know the history of the development of these games, would be wrong to think like that? is it wrong to think that popularity rules?

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Not YET...

Ocean can deliver on the Sex-part... he shows us in WiaB. And like the last episodes went, it cant be that far away anymore.

The pool/hottub scene was already a real lewd scene. The making out with the other girls got pretty "heated" too. So... the MC already had some "hard ons" here and there, and the next step isnt that far away anymore... It was never designed to be a "no-sex" game, of course there will be some along the road. I just hope Ocean will not overdo it with the Love-Interests in the game. His development pace is not the fastest, not slow either but he is developing two games at the same time, and both are kinda complex already. And especially SG has aldready many little branches and a lot of LIs in the game, and so far nearly every girl seems to be at least "chaseable" iam just a little afraid that too many LIs can grow over the head... that happened to A.O.A for example. The whole thing grew cleary over the head of that DEV.
Yeah, not yet. Scene between
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
was really hot. Scene which you pick from hottop was good, thera are few other scenes who are pretty good too, hot&sexy, but with minimum nudity. We wait for end of chapter 5, then all characters are set and story can continue. Scene which I wait the most is probably Amber@cabin and route I will (try) to play first is Bella/Nami route... There could be some explosions... ;)
SG has many branches, yes, it will be probably a nightmare to finish them properly at and. There are so many single routes, many doubles with Victoria, not a simple game at all.

Reactions: Don Sucio

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
I just hope Ocean will not overdo it with the Love-Interests in the game. His development pace is not the fastest, not slow either but he is developing two games at the same time, and both are kinda complex already. And especially SG has aldready many little branches and a lot of LIs in the game, and so far nearly every girl seems to be at least "chaseable" iam just a little afraid that too many LIs can grow over the head... that happened to A.O.A for example. The whole thing grew cleary over the head of that DEV.
That would have been a valid concern if Oceans hadn't already written the entire story. AOA's developer was writing as they went... Oceans completed the writing for SG about a month ago. Seeing as all of the paths in SG are already written, I wouldn't worry too much about the number of LIs or lewdable charactersღ

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
That would have been a valid concern if Oceans hadn't already written the entire story. AOA's developer was writing as they went... Oceans completed the writing for SG about a month ago. Seeing as all of the paths in SG are already written, I wouldn't worry too much about the number of LIs or lewdable charactersღ
I agree.

I also think Ocean is creative and flexible enough to make minor adjustments to SG as the story is told, where it benefits SG.

For example, let's say Ocean finds a perfect song for SG - CH 9, a year from now. He can adjust the 'storyboard' for CH 9 to take advantage of this musical opportunity.

When it is time for Ocean to render and animate CH 9 - we will get the benefit of this new music, all within the broader story already created and envisioned by Ocean.

If Ocean's writing was the means to a visual/audio end - 'painting' SG and WIAB in renders, animation and music, then his creativity has the outlet it needs to flourish.

If his writing also feeds a significant part of that creative need, I wonder how he will share new writing, and with whom, given that SG and WIAB have likely filled his AVN 'cup' to just about the brim of that 'cup'.

If the second is true, I hope we get the chance to enjoy that writing!

Cheers!! :coffee:

m111m123

May 31, 2022

It would be very funny if not for 2 things that spoil your theory.
1. which Wiab are you talking about? Wiab1 has nothing to do with SG and was abandoned a long time ago. Wiab-2 came out after SG became popular, Ocean is trying its best to tie Wiab2 to SG.
2. If the SG, according to your words, is a continuation, can you acquaint us with the first part? No, you can't because the finished first part doesn't exist. SG cannot be a continuation of what does not exist.

ps Ocean had a very bad idea to do 2 games at once. It's like a television studio started filming the series 1 and 2 seasons and immediately showed it. This week they are showing episode 1 of season 1, next week episode 1 of season 2 and so on. It doesn't look very good, don't you think? This is what causes all this confusion.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
It would be very funny if not for 2 things that spoil your theory.
1. which Wiab are you talking about? Wiab1 has nothing to do with SG and was abandoned a long time ago. Wiab-2 came out after SG became popular, Ocean is trying its best to tie Wiab2 to SG.
2. If the SG, according to your words, is a continuation, can you acquaint us with the first part? No, you can't because the finished first part doesn't exist. SG cannot be a continuation of what does not exist.

ps Ocean had a very bad idea to do 2 games at once. It's like a television studio started filming the series 1 and 2 seasons and immediately showed it. This week they are showing episode 1 of season 1, next week episode 1 of season 2 and so on. It doesn't look very good, don't you think? This is what causes all this confusion.
Uh, no.

WIAB, even the original (or -1 according to you) version was ALWAYS meant to be in the same story universe as SG and somewhat of a "prequel" to SG.

m111m123

May 31, 2022
Uh, no.

WIAB, even the original (or -1 according to you) version was ALWAYS meant to be in the same story universe as SG and somewhat of a "prequel" to SG.
They are completely different. If Wiab was made as part of the SG universe, then why was it abandoned instead of reworked? Wiab and Wiab2 are connected only by the appearance of the characters.

Everything is complicated here and you are confused. Wiab1 (abandoned) couldn't possibly be a prequel because it came out earlier. Remember, the first released part is the main one. All parts released after the main one are divided into sequels and prequels.
If you take for the main part of Wiab1 then SG becomes its sequel. Since Wiab1 was abandoned, it is not taken into account. The next in line SG becomes the main part and Wiab2 becomes the prequel.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Gotta collect them dev logs like pokemon cards, ya know? Copium to keep the crying at bay because Ocean decided to work on two games at once.

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes