Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
This Orgitas guy seems like a nice person but I can't help but scare the shit out of me every time I see his profile pic, that ugly - evil doll smiling at me :ROFLMAO:.
Heh, thanks! It is actually from a render i did, should be in the Daz 3d show us your art thread. Posted it months ago, it is titled "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend"

Edit: Link to renders Enjoy

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Ok, let's unpack this hot take...
They are completely different. If Wiab was made as part of the SG universe, then why was it abandoned instead of reworked? Wiab and Wiab2 are connected only by the appearance of the characters.
Let's see what Ocean said about this "abandoning" WIAB in the SG thread back in January 2020. I'll highlight the relevant part for you just in case.
WIAB & SG are deeply connected and play in the same universe. So does my planned third game (PLF - Female MC.) But I won't start it until the other two are finished.
That quote came out months BEFORE the last update of the original WIAB. Put another way, even the original WIAB is a prequel to SG.

Strike ONE.

And also in the same month...
The difference between SG and WIAB is that WIAB still has the flaws of an unexperienced dev. While SG got created when I knew what I was doing. (That's why I plan on reworking the first Updates of WIAB.)
Or back in May 2020. I'll hightlight the relevant part for you again.
No. WiAB will never be abandoned.
I started it. I finish it.

And the "Headaches" WiAB gives me are the reason I am growing so fast in terms of my skill set.

Mit dem Angriff Stein- uh.. with the rework of WiAB, everything is going to be fine.

And you could also see "WiAB" and "SG" as one game because of how deeply connected they are.
Abandoning/putting it on-hold would result in a missing puzzle part.
Ocean literally told us WIAB is being reworked, not abandoned, and that the two games, even pre-reworked, are deeply connected.

All of the above was AFTER SG started in May 2019 but BEFORE WIAB (original) v0.6 beta came out at the end of May 2020.

Oh by the way. This is what's in the WIAB changelog:

Ch. 1 Reworked Full
Screenshot_1.png

v0.1 Reworked
A new beggining. You can completely forget about the old chapters.
https://f95zone.to/threads/where-it-all-began-v0-1-reworked-beta-oceanlab.19856/post-6986632
That's right. The "new" WIAB is literally labelled as a rework. It wasn't abandoned.

Strike TWO.

Everything is complicated here and you are confused. Wiab1 (abandoned) couldn't possibly be a prequel because it came out earlier. Remember, the first released part is the main one. All parts released after the main one are divided into sequels and prequels.

If you take for the main part of Wiab1 then SG becomes its sequel. Since Wiab1 was abandoned, it is not taken into account. The next in line SG becomes the main part and Wiab2 becomes the prequel.
Prequel and sequel are relative terms. A prequel is an earlier story in an overall story arch. A sequel is a latter story in an overall story arch. There is no "main one" as you claim. Since The Phantom Menace is a prequel to A New Hope, it automatically makes A New Hope a sequel to The Phantom Menace. (True SW fans please forgive my blasphemy.)

Strike THREE.

You're out.

Word of advice - the confused one is you, the "newbie", not the rest of us, as you weren't even around when all of this "rework WIAB" talk was happening live, while we were there actively discussing it.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Heh, thanks! It is actually from a render i did, should be in the Daz 3d show us your art thread. Posted it months ago, it is titled "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend"

Edit: Link to renders Enjoy
Wutface, please no more :eek:! Although in the second image improves a lot, maybe with a bag on the head... :unsure:
I was almost sure it was from a forgotten slasher movie from the 80s (y).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Orgitas

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023

Let's see what Ocean said about this "abandoning" WIAB in the SG thread back in January 2020. I'll highlight the relevant part for you just in case.

That quote came out months BEFORE the last update of the original WIAB. Put another way, even the original WIAB is a prequel to SG.

Strike ONE.

Ocean literally told us WIAB is being reworked, not abandoned, and that the two games, even pre-reworked, are deeply connected.

All of the above was AFTER SG started in May 2019 but BEFORE WIAB (original) v0.6 beta came out at the end of May 2020.

That's right. The "new" WIAB is literally labelled as a rework. It wasn't abandoned.

Strike TWO.

Prequel and sequel are relative terms. A prequel is an earlier story in an overall story arch. A sequel is a latter story in an overall story arch. There is no "main one" as you claim. Since The Phantom Menace is a prequel to A New Hope, it automatically makes A New Hope a sequel to The Phantom Menace. (True SW fans please forgive my blasphemy.)

Strike THREE.

You're out.

Word of advice - the confused one is you, the "newbie", not the rest of us, as you weren't even around when all of this "rework WIAB" talk was happening live, while we were there actively discussing it.
popcorn-gif-18.gif

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

Strike ONE.

Strike TWO.

Strike THREE.

You're out.

Great answer, Just to clarify something, in general, in almost all environments where the idea of "prequel" is used, this means to tell a story that is set before another already told. In general it is not recognized as a "sequel" to something like this example. Besides, "the phantom menace" doesn't exist, it's the parents. :mad: :KEK:

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020

Hello,

So... It's going to be a short log today.

Chapter 5 Status

All renders are finished for now.
I currently have 2031 still renders and a few animations plus a 1:30-minute cinematic done.
With the main rendering part done. Now all that's left is:
- Postwork
- Polishing
- The phone
- The cinematic for Chapter 1 that replaces the MC Marla scene. But the Artist is still fucking around with the invoice.

I'm still waiting for it, even though he told me he'd send it to me yesterday... But I won't delay the update for it and if he hasn't sent me the invoice in the next five days, I'll drop him and find something else.

I always add some more renders during polishing/testing. I assume we'll have around 2100 by the end of it.

I will now dedicate my time to the phone and it's coding but damn do I not enjoy coding...

Previews 4K attached

There's a preview block but weeeeell... Here are two atmospheric previews
CH5_Atmo1.png
CH5_Atmo2.png

The development now becomes a little more unpredictable, especially with coding.
I'll keep you guys updated and I'll do my best with the phone.

We're almost there.

- Ocean

Last edited:

Durkzinh

Nov 26, 2020

Hello,

Chapter 5 Status

I currently have 2031 still renders and a few animations plus a 1:30-minute cinematic done.
- Postwork
- Polishing
- The phone
- The cinematic for Chapter 1 that replaces the MC Marla scene. But the Artist is still fucking around with the invoice.

I'm still waiting for it, even though he told me he'd send it to me yesterday... But I won't delay the update for it and if he hasn't sent me the invoice in the next five days, I'll drop him and find something else.

I always add some more renders during polishing/testing. I assume we'll have around 2100 by the end of it.

I will now dedicate my time to the phone and it's coding but damn do I not enjoy coding...

Previews 4K attached

View attachment 2909677
View attachment 2909676

The development now becomes a little more unpredictable, especially with coding.

We're almost there.

- Ocean
i will still restart from the beginning even tho i have a 4.5 save, bella best girl btw

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
By coding the phone, does he mean the chats that sometimes the girls send to the MC?
I've noticed that those chats use the real time of the operating system (Windows for me), I hope Ocean will change them so that they have a pre-set time depending on the hour of day in the game.

Nov 17, 2018
i will still restart from the beginning even tho i have a 4.5 save, bella best girl btw
Pretty sure you have to anyways, half of chapter 2 and the start of chapter 1 are getting reworked in the up coming update. I agree with the last point too, though other girls doesn't have as much spotlight as her so far

Reactions: hawk784563

Mamaragan

Jun 9, 2019
By coding the phone, does he mean the chats that sometimes the girls send to the MC?
I've noticed that those chats use the real time of the operating system (Windows for me), I hope Ocean will change them so that they have a pre-set time depending on the hour of day in the game.
Not just that, but also the social network "Aurora". Think of it like the cluck in BADIK. It's going to add something more in the college life.

Noblethreadxx

Apr 5, 2021

Hello,

Chapter 5 Status

- Postwork
- Polishing
- The phone

Previews 4K attached

View attachment 2909677
View attachment 2909676

We're almost there.

- Ocean
Summer's not gone

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes