Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
the officer
I remember seeing her pics in the OP, it was her who made me try and play the game :D

I'm surprised this game doesn't have the [Paranormal] tag.
Isn't that just MC's dream and as such is more of a metaphor of what happened with Summer/is happening in his mind but not the reality of it? I honestly doubt anything paranormal will happen in the game (and to say the truth I'd be disappointed if SG would add supernatural themes).

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Yup, all three of them start walking. As the light hits you the scene just cuts away, so we have no clue what exactly happened. I don't think the officer disappeared, but I don't really have anything to base that on. More like a lack of the MC ever mentioning her even internally.

Frankly, with the new intro, I'm surprised this game doesn't have the [Paranormal] tag. With a vague light in the sky it could have been almost anything, but the glowing flowers and the seemingly sentient (or is that sapient?) spiders make me think the "After a traumatic experience, a young spirit tries to find its way back into life" in the overview isn't actually referring to the MC and the spirit mentioned is a tad more literal.

I mean, the spiders might be a heavy-handed metaphor for something, but I almost think I'd prefer the paranormality in that case.
Yeah, even with just the light in the sky you mentioned I was thinking supernatural in some way, not like aliens but who knows! Lol

As far as the spirit I still think that could be a number of things, referring to a person "the mc, Bella, Summer, etc" or you could be on to something with the spiders, and yes, sentient beings is correct. Think about it, those two spiders they expected to fight but they weren't all that different and ended up together.. sounds very familiar. :cool:

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
I remember seeing her pics in the OP, it was her who made me try and play the game :D

Isn't that just MC's dream and as such is more of a metaphor of what happened with Summer/is happening in his mind but not the reality of it? I honestly doubt anything paranormal will happen in the game (and to say the truth I'd be disappointed if SG would add supernatural themes).
That may be, and I agree that generally I would prefer it without supernatural elements, for sure.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
a weird light shines or flashes in the sky or something like that, and... Cue the fateful, rainy walk down the street.
So now we getting cucked by aliens ?? Space really is the final frontier, or the final enemy, apparently. Fucking lil' green motherfuckers like human pussy, I wonder if they'd like a good ol' earthly ass kicking.:LOL:

As the light hits you the scene just cuts away, so we have no clue what exactly happened. I don't think the officer disappeared, but I don't really have anything to base that on. More like a lack of the MC ever mentioning her even internally.
Joke aside, I don't think that's paranormal, it's probably the MC recalling how someone hit him in the head to capture Summer. IIRC there's a girl mentioned in WIAB who's abducted by those fuckers that try to throw the MC in jail for rape... it could be Summer, but I don't know if WIAB and SG are in the same universe.

My only complaint about the revamped intro is the lack of detail about Summer's disappearance. I don't expect to see the full story right now, but there should've been some details or at least some hints dropped about what happened to her. The moving to another state or country theory isn't plausible since it would make the title and the premise of the game look ridiculous. It must be some dark shit, given the start of the game, but as of yet, the player must feel sympathetic towards a depressed MC for no specific reason.

Another minus is the MC's character. He was always a weird, introverted person. That could've been believable if he was put in foster care and had to struggle his whole life, but since Nojiko adopted him and his sister it makes him look like a child ass fucked really hard by puberty. Nojiko raised them as her own, and he was still a pain in the ass for her even before meeting Summer, or before losing her, to be exact. So yeah, I can't relate to this introverted, virgin MC like some players can. He don't deserve any sympathy cause he don't give any (towards Nia and Bella, when talking about her sister) and we don't know what really happened to Summer to say if he's exaggerating or is justified to be depressed and go full emo.

I know that he's supposed to have his flaws like any real person has so he can become a better person or a sicker psycho as the game progresses, but the player should know more about the Summer incident so he can relate to the MC. I hope this incident isn't another Acting Lessons fiasco, the dev adding drama and insane characters bcz of reasons.

Last edited:

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
So now we getting cucked by aliens ?? Space really is the final frontier, or the final enemy, apparently. Fucking lil' green motherfuckers like human pussy, I wonder if they'd like a good ol' earthly ass kicking.:LOL:

Joke aside, I don't think that's paranormal, it's probably the MC recalling how someone hit him in the head to capture Summer. IIRC there's a girl mentioned in WIAB who's abducted by those fuckers that try to throw the MC in jail for rape... it could be Summer, but I don't know if WIAB and SG are in the same universe.
Yep, same universe and deeply connected according to Ocean

That's a good possibility too, seeing stars so to speak.. Damn I've been playing nothing but this and WIAB since I found this one. Now I need to go back to prison again? lol shit

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Good news, everyone! I think it's either a page or two back, where I was informed that there is indeed a "OceanLab cinematic universe", and that apparently there are a whopping five games planned, and (at least?) some of them are connected!

Another minus is the MC's character. He was always a weird, introverted person. That could've been believable if he was put in foster care and had to struggle his whole life, but since Nojiko adopted him and his sister it makes him look like a child ass fucked really hard by puberty. Nojiko raised them as her own, and he was still a pain in the ass for her even before meeting Summer, or before losing her, to be exact. So yeah, I can't relate to this introverted, virgin MC like some players can. He don't deserve any sympathy cause he don't give any (towards Nia and Bella, when talking about her sister) and we don't know what really happened to Summer to say if he's exaggerating or is justified to be depressed and go full emo.

I know that he's supposed to have his flaws like any real person has so he can become a better person or a sicker psycho as the game progresses, but the player should know more about the Summer incident so he can relate to the MC. I hope this incident isn't another Acting Lessons fiasco, the dev adding drama and insane characters bcz of reasons.
Yes, fuck! I'm sorry for getting riled up, but since the update dropped (and I started participating in this thread) most of my comments here have been about how thoroughly I dislike the MC. I mean, this guy isn't just damaged goods; I don't think I remembered to bring it up the previous times, but you're right, even as a kid he was just unpleasant. Hell, even his cute bonding moment with Summer is them setting two creatures up to kill one another! I mean, I get that they're "just kids" and the spiders are "just bugs", but holy shit, even that situation was tainted for me by the character just not having any sort of conscience at any point during the game so far.
(EDIT Actually, that's not fair, he did apologize to Bella after he kept pushing about her sister.)

I mean, Christ, it's like the more I find out about him, the more I just hate him. Guy starts the game nasty, and the further you get the more detestable he becomes in my eyes. Just look at basically anything he does when in Bella's company. Besides his heart-to-hearts with Nami or his therapist, that's about as open as we've ever seen him. And that side of him is dark. Like, for realzies, if this guy told you his innermost feelings you would be justified in backing the fuck away and cutting all contact.

I was told the good route will probably be a redemption story and I agree with them, but holy cow, is this guy in need of redeeming or what? Guy's an asshole and a manipulator. I'd say he has attitude problems too, but that I can at least chalk up to trauma.

Jesus. I'm sure I have more to vent on the guy, as he is just so overwhelmingly unpleasant. I'm sure he would blame his bad traits on his lack of ability to care, but you don't need to care to not be the absolute worst.

Fuck.

I just hate this character so much. Even Quinn from Being a DIK is in some way likable, but MC here doesn't really have anything going for him.

Last edited:

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Don't suppose you remember when that occurred?

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020

My only complaint about the revamped intro is the lack of detail about Summer's disappearance. I don't expect to see the full story right now, but there should've been some details or at least some hints dropped about what happened to her. The moving to another state or country theory isn't plausible since it would make the title and the premise of the game look ridiculous. It must be some dark shit, given the start of the game, but as of yet, the player must feel sympathetic towards a depressed MC for no specific reason.

Same universe, same city. What we don't know is whether the two games are at the same time. But it is confirmed, I attest. You have, for example, Leia at the bar telling you something about the Frohn's, which in Summers Gone turns out to be Victoria and Maja's family. The bar is the same bar you go to on your date with Bella.

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
Same universe, same city. What we don't know is whether the two games are at the same time. But it is confirmed, I attest. You have, for example, Leia at the bar telling you something about the Frohn's, which in Summers Gone turns out to be Victoria and Maja's family. The bar is the same bar you go to on your date with Bella.

The blonde at the bar (one of the Frohn's or "Frohn's" in WIAB is the same girl as the girl in SG, the scarface I mean. She just didnt have the scar at the time she was in the bar in WIAB when MC and Leia were there. Or its a different girl with the exact same model, which I find unlikely.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
The blonde at the bar (one of the Frohn's or "Frohn's" in WIAB is the same girl as the girl in SG, the scarface I mean. She just didnt have the scar at the time she was in the bar in WIAB when MC and Leia were there. Or its a different girl with the exact same model, which I find unlikely.
You mean this? Its not the same girl, this is Jill but in Blonde and less tits xd and She is called Elena Petrova, Scarface is Sasha.
jillll.jpg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
No I mean the girl at the bar, one of the Frohn's. Dont have a screenshot right now, but its when MC and Leia go to the have some shots after dinner.
Oh
This, and she is pregnant, maybe she is the mother of Maja and Victoria... so this is before Summer's Gone maybe
screenshot0001.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mojococo

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
Oh
This, and she is pregnant, maybe she is the mother of Maja and Victoria... so this is before Summer's Gone maybe
View attachment 977365

Still not her. She is there at the bar. MC and Leia go to the middle of the bar(stand) in WIAB, there is one "Frohn" on the right of them, one on the left of them, both far side from them, looking after them/over them. Ill provide the screenshot tomorrow if necessary, its 2:15 atm and Im a bit drunk so it'll have to wait. I got you tho, dont worry.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Yeah, but the dev hasn't been changing her, right? She's been the banner since it's been released.

The reason Sonya is on the banner?

The first time the game got released it had Nami on it.

MacD

Sep 1, 2017
Perhaps you missed it in your algebra class with Ms. Mueller, but the (as well as a joke about the rarity of good sushi in a gas station) was on the board behind her.

Reactions: mojococo

hellomate1

Jul 31, 2018
Still not her. She is there at the bar. MC and Leia go to the middle of the bar(stand) in WIAB, there is one "Frohn" on the right of them, one on the left of them, both far side from them, looking after them/over them. Ill provide the screenshot tomorrow if necessary, its 2:15 atm and Im a bit drunk so it'll have to wait. I got you tho, dont worry.

I did a little bit of digging of my own to perhaps put more together.

Definitely find that screenshot. I looked through that whole scene and the only ones I noticed in that scene were Petrova and the piano player who goes over to the bar during the scene.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 502 Votes