Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
Yep! And anyone who has taken it or anyone who works in the field has complained about it to Ocean.

Just my two cents here: I think the scene would have been much stronger if Sasha had gone up and done everything the same without the pill. Of course, the pill would not have created that kind of response in him. But having her there, holding his hand, and talking him through the attack would have been extremely powerful.
Who cares if this drug exists IRL, and/or if it works as shown in this scene ?

In my opinion, the purpose of this scene is to show that Sasha knows what's happening to the MC, and that she's carrying something to remedy it. What this means is that she suffers from this same problem to the point of carrying pills to treat it, or that someone very close to her has this kind of problem.

It also justifies the fact that, in the near future, the MC may carry these pills with him.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021

In my opinion, the purpose of this scene is to show that Sasha knows what's happening to the MC, and that she's carrying something to remedy it. What this means is that she suffers from this same problem to the point of carrying pills to treat it, or that someone very close to her has this kind of problem.

It also justifies the fact that, in the near future, the MC may carry these pills with him.
It was important enough that Ocean mentioned it by name. It is the wrong medication in that situation. But most likely, his point was to encourage the MC to request help from Amber and get on medication. We'll know soon enough.

The reason it is important and the reason it is being discussed is because it is a critical scene and speaks directly to the character of the MC. He is struggling with a real mental health issue and he wants to get better. As Sasha says, it doesn't get rid of the problem, it just masks the symptoms. Also a critical piece of information.

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

If you're 'carrying' pills like this...you have a major drug problem. These pills are taken once a day, usually at night, though morning is also common. You don't just 'carry around' depression/anxiety pills in your purse...unless you have far bigger issues.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
So, Nika, Nami and Mila are moving in, in the end. They need a fourth person.

my favourite applicants would be:
- Victoria
- Nia
- Zara
- Jeff.

Who's going to be? which is your favourite candidate?

Mind you: I'm not asking who's your favourite character. I'm asking who would be best fit for living with Nika, Nami and Mila.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Bingo.

Extrapolating, but Sasha would have inside info with her there. And Robin seems to fit with everyone, would just be logical.
At first I also had no doubt that this was Robin, but if you think about it, she overhears their conversation and asks to join the gang only when the MC goes to the gym with Mila. In other cases she doesn't know they're going to rent a house, so it is not necessary that she will be their fourth roommate. Although it is very likely.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022

- Victoria
- Nia
- Zara
- Jeff.

Mind you: I'm not asking who's your favourite character. I'm asking who would be best fit for living with Nika, Nami and Mila.
No one.

Ideally I would like a choice to drop that idea entirely. Noji moves in with Nick. Mila moves in with the Frohn's. MC and Nami move back into the "trashcan" when the rat problem is fixed.

But it's Ocean so...I always expect my least desirable scenario...
You can't split Maja and Vic. Zara won't give up that huge house to share a box with 3 other people. Neither will Bella, Ayua or Sasha. Nor will Nia since she needs privacy and a sort of particular setup for her "work". Sonya sure as hell won't be as her family would never allow that. That leaves Jeff, Trey, Damien, Robin, Layla, Nadia or Nancy. Personally if it has to be someone I would prefer Jeff or Robin.

Last edited:

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

- Victoria
- Nia
- Zara
- Jeff.

Have you seen Nia's place? It has an elevator that opens directly into her apartment, a giant panoramic window, and a stripper pole. You're telling me someone would leave that place to live on campus?

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020

- Victoria
- Nia
- Zara
- Jeff.

Zara? Really?

Realistically, it'd be Victoria, or Jeff I suppose. We know Maja's not doing so good what with Vic's medical expenses.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
No one.

Ideally I would like a choice to drop that idea entirely.
It wouldn't make sense at all. It's happening and it is in the plotline since the very beginning.

Victoria is suitable because Nika and Mila are her closest friends now, and Maja needs some help. They would take care of her.
Zara is not Bella: she would do it because it would be a challenge for her - and she NEEDS to stay away from Vanessa.

Have you seen Nia's place? It has an elevator that opens directly into her apartment, a giant panoramic window, and a stripper pole. You're telling me someone would leave that place to live on campus?
Yeah, and she feels lonely and uncomfortable like hell. She'd trade it for living with friends on the spot, and Nika and Nami are her closest friends at the moment. She really needs to live with someone, and Nami & Nika like her and they're accepting her "job".

Reactions: McGreed

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
If you're 'carrying' pills like this...you have a major drug problem. These pills are taken once a day, usually at night, though morning is also common. You don't just 'carry around' depression/anxiety pills in your purse...unless you have far bigger issues.
I don't know how Ocean wrote this scene, I don't even know what's important in the scene:

the name of the drug?
The fact that Sasha can identify what's happening to the MC?
The fact that she's carrying this particular drug?
The fact that she's carrying something to "cure" the panic attack?
The fact that she's helping the MC?
The fact that the MC is presented with depression/anxiety pills as an alternative to his problems?
All at the same time?

According to what you say, the molecule mentioned isn't even used for that, in the sense that it's not a miracle pill that you carry around in your pocket to counter panic attacks like sugar to counter hypoglycemia. Because, yes, we don't eat antidepressants like candy.

So what? Sasha wants to drug him or get him to use psychotropic drugs? Is this a way of introducing a narrative arc in which the MC wonders about taking depression/anxiety pills?

While we wait to find out more (what follow-up to this scene in future episodes), I'll go with what seems to me the simplest solution:

Ocean needed a drug name that was at least credible; if you type "panic attack medication" into Google, you'll come across this molecule/drug in 30 seconds (which is what it is). So the name is incidental. The scene serves to show that Sasha knows the MC's condition, knows how to "treat this problem", and finally it opens the door to a potential narrative arc about the MC taking medication.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
It wouldn't make sense at all. It's happening and it is in the plotline since the very beginning.

Victoria is suitable because Nika and Mila are her closest friends now, and Maja needs some help. They would take care of her.
Zara is not Bella: she would do it because it would be a challenge for her - and she NEEDS to stay away from Vanessa.

Yeah, and she feels lonely and uncomfortable like hell. She'd trade it for living with friends on the spot, and Nika and Nami are her closest friends at the moment. She really needs to live with someone, and Nami & Nika like her and they're accepting her "job".
if I had to choose between a stripper pole and friends... I'd ask the friends to learn pole dancing

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
I don't know how Ocean wrote this scene, I don't even know what's important in the scene:

the name of the drug?
The fact that Sasha can identify what's happening to the MC?
The fact that she's carrying this particular drug?
The fact that she's carrying something to "cure" the panic attack?
The fact that she's helping the MC?
The fact that the MC is presented with depression/anxiety pills as an alternative to his problems?
All at the same time?

According to what you say, the molecule mentioned isn't even used for that, in the sense that it's not a miracle pill that you carry around in your pocket to counter panic attacks like sugar to counter hypoglycemia. Because, yes, we don't eat antidepressants like candy.

So what? Sasha wants to drug him or get him to use psychotropic drugs? Is this a way of introducing a narrative arc in which the MC wonders about taking depression/anxiety pills?

While we wait to find out more (what follow-up to this scene in future episodes), I'll go with what seems to me the simplest solution:

Ocean needed a drug name that was at least credible; if you type "panic attack medication" into Google, you'll come across this molecule/drug in 30 seconds (which is what it is). So the name is incidental. The scene serves to show that Sasha knows the MC's condition, knows how to "treat this problem", and finally it opens the door to a potential narrative arc about the MC taking medication.
That's what I also thought when I figured it was a real drug, people who knows, know, and it shouldn't be, add to that the possibility of the manufacturer finding out their patented product is used on a most probable non-consented way... yeah, and I say that, cause some are real sharks.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
It was important enough that Ocean mentioned it by name. It is the wrong medication in that situation. But most likely, his point was to encourage the MC to request help from Amber and get on medication. We'll know soon enough.

The reason it is important and the reason it is being discussed is because it is a critical scene and speaks directly to the character of the MC. He is struggling with a real mental health issue and he wants to get better. As Sasha says, it doesn't get rid of the problem, it just masks the symptoms. Also a critical piece of information.
Agreed. It was:

- a mistake to use a named, real-world medication
- a mistake to have it incorrectly prescribed (unmarked bottle!)
- a mistake to attribute false pharmacodynamics to a named, real-world medication

Ocean could have called it almost anything pharmaceutical-sounding and we'd be able to "hang a lantern on it" and move on.

jock1a

Sep 1, 2022
Let me take this schizo pill together and dream about Nia + girls house and Mc to unbrick his boner.
Now that would be a interesting development for sure. I don't think that will ever happen. Just my opinion,but i think the story is already completed and it won't be changed no matter what.

Reactions: Sasanid
4.30 star(s) 507 Votes