Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I agree that Sasha is curious and she may be very slowly warming to the MC. This latter scenario brings in an interesting dynamic - if Sasha, through no fault of her own, had men going gaga over her "for simply existing" and this led to her facial scar and need for a bodyguard, then she might've developed a "cold shoulder" defense mechanism against members of the opposite sex. The MC is experiencing the brunt of that.
I always assumed the scar was due to sparring with Ayua. Ayua has a line where she takes a jab at Sasha about the last time they went at each other and Sasha touches her face. I think I remember it correctly. Of course, that could be a distractor.

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
That would have been a fast-acting anxiolytic (not an anti-depressant). Something taken when having a panic attack. The fact that Sasha carries them with her says a lot about her!
Sorry, I was wrong about the medicine, but seeing Sasha carrying the medicine proves that either Sasha herself or someone close to her is experiencing the same thing as MC (panic attacks, etc.).

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
hermit_tr brings up a good point: those occasions when Sasha or her acolytes are on-hand to aid the MC only seem to occur when he is wigging out in some way or, in one instance, getting into a fight. Ditto when the story focuses specifically on her reaction to the MC wigging out about Victoria's smiley eraser. Then there's also the question of Robin finding the MC after his eraser wig-out. Was she there coincidentally or was she sent there?
I don't know if the brunette hair (who met MC in class) and Robin who met MC in the restroom were due to Sasha's orders, or just a coincidence.

But if it turns out that it has something to do with Sasha, maybe it's because Sasha realizes that MC's situation is similar to her own situation or that of someone close to her.

At least that's what I understand from the story so far

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I don't know if the brunette hair (who met MC in class) and Robin who met MC in the restroom were due to Sasha's orders, or just a coincidence.

But if it turns out that it has something to do with Sasha, maybe it's because Sasha realizes that MC's situation is similar to her own situation or that of someone close to her.

At least that's what I understand from the story so far
Agree at this stage. There could also be another (so-far hidden) reason as well. By that, I mean both reasons motivate Sasha...

PS - I had this horrible thought when composing my last couple of posts in this thread... I look like a bored housewife commenting on the latest episode of, 'Days of Our Lives'. OMG! What have I become?

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I always assumed the scar was due to sparring with Ayua. Ayua has a line where she takes a jab at Sasha about the last time they went at each other and Sasha touches her face. I think I remember it correctly. Of course, that could be a distractor.
It's hard to know. If you look at the visual characteristics of Sasha's scar and the MC fight wound, they look the same (i.e. they aren't particularly convincing renditions). Sasha's mark still looks like a fresh wound rather than a scar, but it's never healed (unlike the MC wound), so it's presumably a scar. What could Ayua do in a fight that would produce such a scar, and why would Sasha need a bodyguard after a sparring accident with a friend?

Sasha has a hidden motivation to learn how to defend herself, make herself strong in that regard - I assume it's linked to how she got her scar (i.e. before she started taking lessons with Ayua).

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I love conspiracies, something to do while Ocean renders :sneaky:

Yeah, while I can't figure out the exact matter, it certainly feels like some of the characters around know a lot more about the MC and Nami then they tell, and are watching them from afar. It gives me Karlsson's Gambit vibes in a sense that the MC and his sis, unaware of their origins, are involved in a power struggle between the most rich and influental clans of that game's world.

They have to very carefully observe and communicate with the characters, collect any possible information, trying to understand the balance of power in this struggle and their own place in it. And they need to be even more careful in their actions, since without understanding the meaning of what is happening, a mistake can be very costly.

I’m not saying that the same plot is playing out in the world of SG, but I won’t deny this possibility either. Probably, the same dynamics have settled between the ZPR families as between Zara and Nadia :)
They have an established balance of power, they are partners and rivals at the same time. But Nika and Nami are an unknown disturbing factor. They may be the heirs of some family that has lost influence as a result of rivalry or even members of one of the ZPR families.

This may be why the MC attracts the attention from members of other families. Sasha of P, Ayua of Z, they behave a little strangely towards the MC. Perhaps for now they are only observing and evaluating him before finally deciding how to treat him and what actions to take.

Or maybe Sasha just has a weak stomach, hence the strange gaze :KEK:
Something that interests me, is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But there's scenes where Robin isn't around and Sasha isn't particularly looking for her, yet she keeps staring at MC, and she also wanted to ask Nami about the earring until Ayua interrupted. Also, if you're nice enough, during book club she starts a motion to ban every male...except Nika. I don't think she's using MC as means to and end, but could be that she either was instructed to keep an eye on him, ooor she knows/suspects something about MC (asking about Nami's earring) that she wants to know about, or she's actually just curious about him for her own volition.
I am trying not to read too much into Ayua's interruption at this stage.

There's obviously a link between Nami and Sasha with the earrings, even if it's only that they both had contact with the woman who gave Nami hers. If there is some background plot involving Sasha and Ayua "looking out" for the MC and Nami, this infers they know more about the MC/Nami's past than the MC or Nami (or we, as players) do. If this is the case, why would Sasha need to ask about the earring? Surely, she would know already.

Ayua's interruption could simply be a narrative device to stop the conversation developing and revealing more than Ocean wants to at this point in the AVN.

I agree that Sasha is curious and she may be very slowly warming to the MC. This latter scenario brings in an interesting dynamic - if Sasha, through no fault of her own, had men going gaga over her "for simply existing" and this led to her facial scar and need for a bodyguard, then she might've developed a "cold shoulder" defense mechanism against members of the opposite sex. The MC is experiencing the brunt of that.

If you use the bookclub meet as an example, remember that Sasha will dismiss the MC's question about a book recommendation if he's an asshole to Robin. It's one of many happenings where Sasha is looking out for Robin, guiding her - the MC's gym session with Robin and Sasha that only occurs if the MC has a relationship with Bella, Sasha giving Robin a thumbs-up in the lockerroom when the MC's kiss with Bella is discussed. Sasha's path-dependent reaction to Robin when Robin phones for help after the MC is handcuffed.

hermit_tr brings up a good point: those occasions when Sasha or her acolytes are on-hand to aid the MC only seem to occur when he is wigging out in some way or, in one instance, getting into a fight. Ditto when the story focuses specifically on her reaction to the MC wigging out about Victoria's smiley eraser. Then there's also the question of Robin finding the MC after his eraser wig-out. Was she there coincidentally or was she sent there?
About the earrings,

About the scar

My reading of the phonecall when

John972

Apr 24, 2018
My reading of the phonecall when
Interesting observations.

One point though, Sasha has nothing directly to do with the MC getting handcuffed...

That's a really interesting observation because:

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Interesting observations.

One point though, Sasha has nothing directly to do with the MC getting handcuffed...

Agreed, I only saw that path recently, always choosing Bella's path by nature :sneaky:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Agreed, I only saw that path recently, always choosing Bella's path by nature :sneaky:
Damn I love games where the producer is crafty enough to open up potential 'conspiracies', story has depth, characters have depth, perfect combination !

On a totally unrelated matter, am I the only one who thought Nia's date ending was sad as fuck ? Damn...

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Robin has a history with Bella and it's inferred their relationship soured because of something Robin did. Thus, there seems to be this thread in the game of Sasha guiding Robin so she can make amends with Bella. Many of the MC's early interactions with Robin and Sasha (outside of his wigging out) revolve around Bella and the MC's new relationship with her.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Robin has a history with Bella and it's inferred their relationship soured because of something Robin did. Thus, there seems to be this thread in the game of Sasha guiding Robin so she can make amends with Bella. Many of the MC's early interactions with Robin and Sasha (outside of wigging out) revolve around Bella and the MC's new relationship with her.
Although, if your not on Bella's path, and

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Sasha is tense at the bookclub because of the repeated and unwanted male attention she got there previously. The MC is a male, that's why she tenses up and that's why she insists in not discussing anything personal. I don't think it's because he is Nika Cyrus. Look at her reaction at the bookclub when the MC tells her, "I have no interest in you besides discussing books".

Her past with unwanted male attention and it's negative consequences goes a long way to explaining her standoff-ish interaction with the MC while they warm up together for basketball earlier in the game.

Another trival but interesting thing with Sasha. When Marla pairs the class up for the research project, Sasha is the only main protagonist not to be paired with someone. We don't see her when all the pairs are shown in the auditorium. On another note, the render of Ayua and Nami when Marla announces they will be paired, almost looks like Ayua knew in advance they'd be paired because she's looking at Nami before Marla announces her name, if you read Marla's dialogue from the beginning. How's that for a conspiracy... :)

Is Robert still alive? I assume he met Inessa Petrova...yikes! /s

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Although, if your not on Bella's path, and
I guess it depends if Robin entering the restroom shortly after the MC was intentional or coincidental. We don't know for sure either way. Sasha's involvement with Robin and the phone call could simply be the result of Robin telling her what she did and Robin wanting to make amends, rather than Sasha watching out for the MC.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I guess it depends if Robin entering the restroom shortly after the MC was intentional or coincidental. We don't know for sure either way. Sasha's involvement with Robin and the phone call could simply be the result of Robin telling her what she did and Robin wanting to make amends, rather than Sasha watching out for the MC.
Agreed, but we still have Sasha appearing when Nika's in the cafe earlier, and all Sasha's friends (with Inessa) sit down at his table, the red haired friend checks up on him either way, Sasha and friends appearing during the fight and Robyn with Sasha organise Nika's release regardless of being on Bella's path. It does seem there is more there than the desire for Robyn to patch things up with Bella - that's more like a plausibe excuse to interact, but Sasha's always hovering around it seems.

I also just noticed again that there's the thing with Ayua dying her hair white, because of something between her and Sasha; there's som weird power plays around Sasha - probably why I find her so interesting, she's pretty inscrutable.

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Sasha is tense at the bookclub because of the repeated and unwanted male attention she got there previously. The MC is a male, that's why she tenses up and that's why she insists in not discussing anything personal. I don't think it's because he is Nika Cyrus. Look at her reaction at the bookclub when the MC tells her, "I have no interest in you besides discussing books".

Her past with unwanted male attention and it's negative consequences goes a long way to explaining her standoff-ish interaction with the MC while they warm up together for basketball earlier in the game.

Another trival but interesting thing with Sasha. When Marla pairs the class up for the research project, Sasha is the only main protagonist not to be paired with someone. We don't see her when all the pairs are shown in the auditorium. On another note, the render of Ayua and Nami when Marla announces they will be paired, almost looks like Ayua knew in advance they'd be paired because she's looking at Nami before Marla announces her name, if you read Marla's dialogue from the beginning. How's that for a conspiracy... :)

Is Robert still alive? I assume he met Inessa Petrova...yikes! /s

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
No, you're not...

There seems to be this theme within SG of emotionally-scarred people seeking friendship and comfort from other emotionally-scarred people.
I know I love those type of games... I don't know, I have no problems saying I'm a broken individual, but I guess many here also are, and yeah, those games, for some reasons, when characters/stories like those are well-written, I can 'connect' with what the author probably meant. Love Artemis, Leap of Faith, Being a DIK, STWA The Unbroken for the same reasons, filled with broken individuals who tries to go through without really knowing how.

Authors probably are broken too, takes one to know one.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

But a random thought occurred to me - what if Summer was a Zane offspring instead? Entirely possible given the way Willi acts. I'm not really serious about this thought, other than it shows there's enough ambiguity in the plot right now to make any theory plausible, which keeps my brain overthinking it :sneaky:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019

But a random thought occurred to me - what if Summer was a Zane offspring instead? Entirely possible given the way Willi acts. I'm not really serious about this thought, other than it shows there's enough ambiguity in the plot right now to make any theory plausible, which keeps my brain overthinking it :sneaky:
Didn't get into Where it all Began when I played it, especially since I played Summer's Gone before, and for some reasons didn't quite make the needed connections. But with that last SG update, I know I now can't wait for the incoming WiAB one. Cause yeah, William is very 'proactive'... :LOL: Actually wonder how much choices we'll be able to do in WiAB, cause since they're developed co-jointly, how can a choice made in WiAB influence SG...

Was just looking again at the last update, how it unfold when we sit next to Sasha, love the little details, especially when she inadvertently speaks about herself when Nika goads her into talking about the book.

And yeah, Nojiko has a -lot- to answer from, wonder when/how she will, though. And the meltdown that will occur when it will happen.

Also, very minor (or not), the newly introduced Adrianna definitely isn't there just for her looks.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Agreed, but we still have Sasha appearing when Nika's in the cafe earlier, and all Sasha's friends (with Inessa) sit down at his table...
My take on that scene is that the group sit down with the MC after Sasha/Robin learn the MC is partnered with Bella for the project. Robin looks at the MC while Sasha looks at Robin (or maybe Inessa), as if expecting Robin to say something to the MC.

I found the way Ocean ended that scene interesting. Instead of illustrating the MC ignoring them, getting up and leaving, he chose a black screen with text saying, "You finish up your meal and slowly head towards the western parking space." We don't see the posse's reaction to the MC leaving, we don't know if something was said before he left.

That's the first occasion (I think) that we see Robin and prior to that, Sasha never acknowledges the MC. On the first day of college, we see Sasha walk by the MC/Nami/Nijoko outside the college, without looking their way. Then Sasha and her posse breeze past the MC in the hallway like he didn't exist. We later see the posse in the background in the hall and they take no notice of the MC standing nearby. Sasha is there in class on the first day with Marla, and there's no indication she looks at or acknowledges the MC. That changes once Marla pairs the MC up with Bella and we get the cafe scene, immediately before the MC meets Bella.

The next time we see Sasha/Robin is when Robin says Hi to Bella in the auditorium but gets semi blown off by Bella. Later, Sasha and her readhead friend enter the auditorium during the fight.

Then comes the 2nd gym scene...

If you go to the gym with Nami, Robin introduces herself (to the MC first) and asks if the MC/Nami are a couple.

If you go to the gym with Bella, Robin introduces herself to the MC (with Sasha standing in the background). Bella says Hi to Robin, to which Robin replies, "Hey Bella, long time no see." and later says, "I did try to contact you a few times."

If you go to the gym with Mila, Robin overhears Mila/MC's conversation about moving into an apartment and expresses an interest. Sasha hovers in the background...

If you go to the gym on your own, Robin introduces herself, asks the MC to train with her and Sasha in the hope of extracting info about Bella from the MC. The MC sees through this. Sasha appears to stop Robin going too far with what she tells the MC.

From all this, Sasha's early interest in the MC (outside of his wigging out) seems to revolve around Robin and Robin's soured relationship with Bella.

4.30 star(s) 507 Votes