yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
The plot of the game is more and more reminiscent of stories when royal offspring were raised for a long time by some faithful servant of the king, because in childhood there was a threat to their lives. But now they are grown and ready, the time has come for them to learn about their origins, appear before the royal court and join the fight for the throne. Adjusted for modern times, of course. :)

And one more note, it’s interesting how the MC’s awareness of other characters changes in different branches. Having played out all the main paths, it seems to me that we get the overly informed MC and it is unclear how much this violates the author’s intention for the certain branch. Like when the MC ignores Bella, he won't be able to invite her to the gym. And without calling her to the gym, he won’t find out that Mila did something wrong to her. And without knowing this, he won't have a chance to ask Mila about it. And Milla won’t tell him how Melanie and her friends bullied Bella as a child.
Or by not dating Bella, MC won't have the opportunity to invite her to his house, and Bella won't tell him the story of Zara's childhood, which will provide deeper insight into Zara's behavior.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
The plot of the game is more and more reminiscent of stories when royal offspring were raised for a long time by some faithful servant of the king, because in childhood there was a threat to their lives. But now they are grown and ready, the time has come for them to learn about their origins, appear before the royal court and join the fight for the throne. Adjusted for modern times, of course. :)

And one more note, it’s interesting how the MC’s awareness of other characters changes in different branches. Having played out all the main paths, it seems to me that we get the overly informed MC and it is unclear how much this violates the author’s intention for the certain branch. Like when the MC ignores Bella, he won't be able to invite her to the gym. And without calling her to the gym, he won’t find out that Mila did something wrong to her. And without knowing this, he won't have a chance to ask Mila about it. And Milla won’t tell him how Melanie and her friends bullied Bella as a child.
Or by not dating Bella, MC won't have the opportunity to invite her to his house, and Bella won't tell him the story of Zara's childhood, which will provide deeper insight into Zara's behavior.
The way the branches offer different information (and that we don't know wha the information is for) depending on who you talk to means that there is more intruigue: we don't know the important bits until the time comes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The exposition side is done quite well through odd side comments and innuendo to avoid a narrator force feeding us all the background detail; we're getting a picture slowly sketched from the outside in. It also adds a level of consequence for choices even though we don't know the benefits or outcomes, which plays along with Ocean's idea that all the characters can talk behind Nika's back. Having to make careful decisions of who to talk to rather than being able to talk to everyone helps keep the plot mysterious - the book club scene reveals so much innuendo, without actually clarifying much at all - the world got larger rather than finding out any aha! answers: the more we pursue one thing, the less we know about another.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
out of context but Wiab doesn't feel like 20-25 years before SG
I suppose only Ocean knows for sure -

Amber is 43 in SG IIRC. And I believe the scene at the gas station is intended for Amber / Bambi to be around 22 (for clarity, the reason I say 22 is that's the approximate age people in the United States are when they graduate college - so this could be off by a few years depending on a few factors such as how Ocean applies the age of college in this world, as well as whether Amber went for longer than 4 years - we know she becomes a psychologist, so she could potentially be a few years older if she went to college for 6-8 years to do post graduate / doctor schooling) so it'd be 21 years earlier - reason I say that is I believe the girl that the MC from WIAB talks to while standing outside there talks about how it's the end of college for her and her friends and it's their last time together, etc. - I am operating under the assumption that Amber is in that group - they're concluding their college journeys and about to move on with their lives (they might be heading home to Wollust after leaving college - just taking a guess on that) so I fully expect Amber to make an appearance in WIAB like Stefan Holgerson did as we know he's got a thing for Amber.

I am curious to find out who Amber's husband is...with the comments Bella makes about the cop wanting to bring Bella down because she's "Amber Von Halen's daughter" I would imagine that means either Amber herself is a big name or she's married to someone with a big name which makes her name known by association...crime syndicate boss? Politician? Big company CEO? I imagine this dude, whoever he is, is going to be a key antagonist at some point (especially for those of us chasing Amber, hah).

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
out of context but Wiab doesn't feel like 20-25 years before SG
I can see why you feel that way, as Ocean, in all their strive for perfection, often inexplicably used much of the same 3D "modern day" assets in both games for "stuff" that can be easily dated to a certain period, e.g. phones, cars, furniture, decor, etc.. It can and does feel a little jarring if you are playing the games within a close timeframe, especially if that "stuff" is in a category you are personally familiar with in real life.

Having said that, I'm not sure how much high quality 3D assets there are for "stuff" that define the time period around the turn of the century. I'm not a 3D modeler so I could be very wrong there.

I fully expect Amber to make an appearance in WIAB like Stefan Holgerson did as we know he's got a thing for Amber.
For all we know she might already have. One of the popular theories is that Amber IS Bambi.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
You know, I've been wondering lately if Ayua and Sasha have been asked to keep an eye on Nami and Nika respectively. Sasha is always lurking in the background of quite a few of Nika's scenes, an Ayua seems to be keeping somewhat close to Nami. Why that is, I'm not sure. Are they observing? Protecting? Sasha and Ayua are both accomplished in self defence...
Sasha's a funny one. Despite Sasha and/or her redheaded friend seemingly being on hand whenever the MC is in jeopardy, most of the interactions between her and the MC point to her ultimately being on the lookout for her friend Robin, not the MC. Something negative happened between Robin and Bella in the past that Robin wants to make up for, and Sasha seems to be helping her achieve that. Sasha's attitude to the MC is affected by (a) the MC's relationship with Bella, and (b) how the MC treats Robin. So far, the MC is simply a means to an end.

Ayua/Nami - that was Marla's doing. She paired them together for the college assignment, just like she did with the MC/Bella.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Sasha's a funny one. Despite Sasha and/or her redheaded friend seemingly being on hand whenever the MC is in jeopardy, most of the interactions between her and the MC point to her ultimately being on the lookout for her friend Robin, not the MC. Something negative happened between Robin and Bella in the past that Robin wants to make up for, and Sasha seems to be helping her achieve that. Sasha's attitude to the MC is affected by (a) the MC's relationship with Bella, and (b) how the MC treats Robin. So far, the MC is simply a means to an end.

Ayua/Nami - that was Marla's doing. She paired them together for the college assignment, just like she did with the MC/Bella.
But there's scenes where Robin isn't around and Sasha isn't particularly looking for her, yet she keeps staring at MC, and she also wanted to ask Nami about the earring until Ayua interrupted. Also, if you're nice enough, during book club she starts a motion to ban every male...except Nika. I don't think she's using MC as means to and end, but could be that she either was instructed to keep an eye on him, ooor she knows/suspects something about MC (asking about Nami's earring) that she wants to know about, or she's actually just curious about him for her own volition.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Without going too much into theories, finally played the last update, and goddamn it deepened the plot tenfold.

I'm more of the 'N in the AVN' type of player (I of course like great renders and scenes), been an avid reader all my life, this game fits everything interests I have, and I love it.

Edit: And I have to add, like every books I was into and finished, there's some sense of withdrawal when I finished it, started it again from the beginning, too many things I forgot, but damn, now I know it will probably take a while, so yeah. I'm patient though, so there's that.

Last edited:

Marcypawn

Mar 16, 2021
Wow. I haven't played this since i think two updates, but a lot of it seems to have been reworked/changed. Idk how I feel about it yet, only that I kinda miss the old's vibe so far.

I'm not done yet tho, still fairly early in the game.

edit: I think maybe the music earlyish is a big factor to the vibe feeling kinda off for me

Last edited:

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
My theory is that Sasha's reason for paying attention to MC is the same as Mila's reason for paying attention to MC for the first time, namely the experience of being close to depression sufferers. You can see how Mila immediately noticed MC's condition.
In sasha's case, perhaps she herself was suffering from depression. See how he has anti-depressants nearby.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Yeah, while I can't figure out the exact matter, it certainly feels like some of the characters around know a lot more about the MC and Nami then they tell, and are watching them from afar. It gives me Karlsson's Gambit vibes in a sense that the MC and his sis, unaware of their origins, are involved in a power struggle between the most rich and influental clans of that game's world.

They have to very carefully observe and communicate with the characters, collect any possible information, trying to understand the balance of power in this struggle and their own place in it. And they need to be even more careful in their actions, since without understanding the meaning of what is happening, a mistake can be very costly.

I’m not saying that the same plot is playing out in the world of SG, but I won’t deny this possibility either. Probably, the same dynamics have settled between the ZPR families as between Zara and Nadia :)
They have an established balance of power, they are partners and rivals at the same time. But Nika and Nami are an unknown disturbing factor. They may be the heirs of some family that has lost influence as a result of rivalry or even members of one of the ZPR families.

This may be why the MC attracts the attention from members of other families. Sasha of P, Ayua of Z, they behave a little strangely towards the MC. Perhaps for now they are only observing and evaluating him before finally deciding how to treat him and what actions to take.

Or maybe Sasha just has a weak stomach, hence the strange gaze :KEK:

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
Yeah, while I can't figure out the exact matter, it certainly feels like some of the characters around know a lot more about the MC and Nami then they tell, and are watching them from afar. It gives me Karlsson's Gambit vibes in a sense that the MC and his sis, unaware of their origins, are involved in a power struggle between the most rich and influental clans of that game's world.

They have to very carefully observe and communicate with the characters, collect any possible information, trying to understand the balance of power in this struggle and their own place in it. And they need to be even more careful in their actions, since without understanding the meaning of what is happening, a mistake can be very costly.

I’m not saying that the same plot is playing out in the world of SG, but I won’t deny this possibility either. Probably, the same dynamics have settled between the ZPR families as between Zara and Nadia :)
They have an established balance of power, they are partners and rivals at the same time. But Nika and Nami are an unknown disturbing factor. They may be the heirs of some family that has lost influence as a result of rivalry or even members of one of the ZPR families.

This may be why the MC attracts the attention from members of other families. Sasha of P, Ayua of Z, they behave a little strangely towards the MC. Perhaps for now they are only observing and evaluating him before finally deciding how to treat him and what actions to take.

Or maybe Sasha just has a weak stomach, hence the strange gaze :KEK:
I got the impression that if in Wiab, the main emphasis is on external threats and the formation of an alliance of three clans, but in the SG there is already an internal struggle between the heirs.The pie is not endless, but there are many heirs. People like Mario can quickly fall. But something tells me that there will be more serious antagonists.

Reactions: yossa999

John972

Apr 24, 2018
But there's scenes where Robin isn't around and Sasha isn't particularly looking for her, yet she keeps staring at MC, and she also wanted to ask Nami about the earring until Ayua interrupted. Also, if you're nice enough, during book club she starts a motion to ban every male...except Nika. I don't think she's using MC as means to and end, but could be that she either was instructed to keep an eye on him, ooor she knows/suspects something about MC (asking about Nami's earring) that she wants to know about, or she's actually just curious about him for her own volition.
My theory is that Sasha's reason for paying attention to MC is the same as Mila's reason for paying attention to MC for the first time, namely the experience of being close to depression sufferers. You can see how Mila immediately noticed MC's condition.
In sasha's case, perhaps she herself was suffering from depression. See how he has anti-depressants nearby.
I am trying not to read too much into Ayua's interruption at this stage.

There's obviously a link between Nami and Sasha with the earrings, even if it's only that they both had contact with the woman who gave Nami hers. If there is some background plot involving Sasha and Ayua "looking out" for the MC and Nami, this infers they know more about the MC/Nami's past than the MC or Nami (or we, as players) do. If this is the case, why would Sasha need to ask about the earring? Surely, she would know already.

Ayua's interruption could simply be a narrative device to stop the conversation developing and revealing more than Ocean wants to at this point in the AVN.

I agree that Sasha is curious and she may be very slowly warming to the MC. This latter scenario brings in an interesting dynamic - if Sasha, through no fault of her own, had men going gaga over her "for simply existing" and this led to her facial scar and need for a bodyguard, then she might've developed a "cold shoulder" defense mechanism against members of the opposite sex. The MC is experiencing the brunt of that.

If you use the bookclub meet as an example, remember that Sasha will dismiss the MC's question about a book recommendation if he's an asshole to Robin. It's one of many happenings where Sasha is looking out for Robin, guiding her - the MC's gym session with Robin and Sasha that only occurs if the MC has a relationship with Bella, Sasha giving Robin a thumbs-up in the lockerroom when the MC's kiss with Bella is discussed. Sasha's path-dependent reaction to Robin when Robin phones for help after the MC is handcuffed.

hermit_tr brings up a good point: those occasions when Sasha or her acolytes are on-hand to aid the MC only seem to occur when he is wigging out in some way or, in one instance, getting into a fight. Ditto when the story focuses specifically on her reaction to the MC wigging out about Victoria's smiley eraser. Then there's also the question of Robin finding the MC after his eraser wig-out. Was she there coincidentally or was she sent there?

4.30 star(s) 507 Votes