Dec 17, 2023
I'm almost 50, it’s not funny, I may not live to see it.

Maybe you can recommend me a similar romantic vn, perhaps even without any special sex scenes, but completely finished. Everything I find here is either unfinished or outdated 10 years ago.
Another specificity here is that I don’t know English very well, and I’m looking for an external one with translation into my language.
Don't worry you live long enough, games like this are abandoned long before you reach 60. A 2-3 year is much more realistic, than > 10 years.

My experience is that if you work on a project for 10 years, you start to see the things you did wrong in the beginning (to such an extend that you cannot look around it anymore), or maybe lose interest in development at all...

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Someone did the math a while ago and at the average speed of updates, how many chapters ocean had planned, etc, WIAB and SG wound not be finished until 2030+, let alone the 5 or whatever games he has planned in the same universe.
Better get on that adrenochrome...

• Haha
Reactions: JB08
Sep 23, 2021
I think anyone with a functioning brain can understand that at this point, either SG or WIAB isn't going to finish. The only thing I expect in this game right now is to at least get some decent content with my favorite girls. But that is not going to happen when Ocean only focuses on one girl at a time. We literally wait for five chapters to learn about Sasha; otherwise, she is just a mysterious girl with a scar on her face. :HideThePain:

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
I think anyone with a functioning brain can understand that at this point, either SG or WIAB isn't going to finish. The only thing I expect in this game right now is to at least get some decent content with my favorite girls. But that is not going to happen when Ocean only focuses on one girl at a time. We literally wait for five chapters to learn about Sasha; otherwise, she is just a mysterious girl with a scar on her face. :HideThePain:
I'm beginning to believe, scratch that, I am now soundly convinced that 'finishing' isn't even part of the equation. Not just these two but most of these VN's. Story doesn't even matter to them it appears, just keep the storyline alluring enough and the rendering seductive enough to keep the patron train on the tracks. Disheartening, to say the least. It is the fleshing out of artistic integrity hitting an all time low.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Just played the Wiab update, and my thoughts on new info that relates to SG:

Although bibi is prevalent in SG, in WiaB it starts with Willi, Katie and Leia. Leia seems to be the one pulling Katie down with it, then we see Emilio stating the new policy at Leia's establishment is to call new employees 'bibi's' and no one know what it means (Emilio say "I have no idea (what it means) ...Leia just instructed me to call new girls that").

Does this mean either Summer or Nika get the term from hanging around Leia? We all assume Noji knows Leia as well as Katie. What if Noji was Riri, or someone who worked for Leia back then as a new girl? If pre rework Wiab's plot still has any relevance, Noji could be Miru's family, but now there are potential other connections.

Given that Leia employs a bunch of women, the bibi thing would potentially become an in-joke amoungst the employees. I used to wonder if the earings might be a status symbol for Leia, and that's why she gives one to Nami and Sasha - to show they're under her protection, I guess we have to wait to see how much deeper the gang warfare goes.

Also, Summer with the Princess Leia starwars buns - now we have a reference in Wiab where Leia jokes about wearing that hairstyle. That might be an interesting thought - who exactly are Summer's parents?

So Daphne has religious parents, Dana has religious parents who want her to breed, Willi's grandmother wanted to send WIlli and Leia to the summer camp... and now we have Kelly. Is Kelly maybe a Dana offspring, following from the connective tissue? Will there be a bunch of creepiness from that angle?

And now we see Donna, I presume Revera? Maybe she's employed by Leia to keep tabs on the rest of the Zane family? But she has a connection to the school; in the old WiaB Abigal was going to get Willi an undercover job as a sport's coach there to investigate the weirdness. What if the creepy professor hassling Kata has got Donna as an accomplice?

I'm also now wondering if Willi is the 'uncle' that taught Nika basketball, given Noji's peculiar circle of freinds whose identities she hides.

We also assume that Leia is the Z in the ZPR, not Willi, and not Katie (as she's just a designer). Donna is the only (R)evera we know of, and Elena is the only (P)etrova. So how would a nightclub owner who has gloryholes in her club clean up enough to run a school?

Ocean's still keeping everything wonderfully mysterious, but I think the plot being shared and revealed between the two stories is actually a kind of genius if he can pull it off without spoiling it himself - it also means he has to keep updates in lockstep between the two games, or they will spoil the other story with premature revelations. In some ways the CH3 WiaB and CH5 SG updates give me confidence that the stories need to be developed together and that the players who will get the most out of the stories are the ones that see them as on bigger story.

RetardedPerson

May 1, 2018
I played this game some time ago and really enjoyed it. However, I needed to change my PC and lost my old save. My question is: Is it worth to start playing all over again now? I know that author changed and remade few things in first chapters of the game. Is it worth to play it now or previous chapters are still going to be reworked?

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
I played this game some time ago and really enjoyed it. However, I needed to change my PC and lost my old save. My question is: Is it worth to start playing all over again now? I know that author changed and remade few things in first chapters of the game. Is it worth to play it now or previous chapters are still going to be reworked?
You won't get a definitive answer here. Some (me included) think the rework is WAY better, others say the exact opposite.
But maybe wait until early 2024 when the Steam version of the first 5 chapters is done, that should end the reworks.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Wait for 5 full to be released, that will include the final rework of the earlier chapters.

Pussycake

Sep 23, 2023
I think that's the biggest problem, the pace is justified as build up but there isn't actually much build up. Things really haven't drastically moved much.

This started as guy with mysterious past is new at college tries to make friends and has emotional damage.

It's episode 5 and it's guy with a unclear past is new at college has made a couple of friends and maybe kissed a girl has emotional damage.

This isn't much movement for 5 episodes. It just feels like a story that will never be done.

Last edited:

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
I don't know about WiAB, but when it comes to SG, sure. I haven't seen a game where there are 20 LIs and there is probably a reason for that. In order to satisfy every player of every LI, what will the updates be like? 20,000 images per update? It's not just that it's a large amount of content, but it's also difficult to create. That developer sometimes needs a break, he needs to be inspired, to rest... But this way, I highly doubt that there is really any future for SG.

Most people would rather be happy if we get 4 to 5 LIs with quality content than 20 LIs and it will be a complete disaster (quality over quantity). People will also not enjoy waiting 2 years for an update, which can become even worse in the future because the game in its current state is not even expanded in terms of paths and there are already obvious complications. I'm still giving it a chance, but I'm no longer enjoying it...

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
My MC 20 years from now when we finally find out that Ayua was in fact not a LI all this time.
View attachment 3206145
Your MC 20 years later when he finally discovered that they are half-siblings with Ayua and W.Z. is their father. And before you ask, I have no fucking idea who or what Black Tato is (probably his nickname in the first team?)

MC_black_tato.jpg

4.30 star(s) 502 Votes