LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Cant download, also from the other android port, ch 4.5 the backround music dissapeared
This is why it's important to read.:FacePalm:

I mentioned in the post that it is recommended to wait for the final version and I have removed the apk for now due to multiple ingame inconsistencies and code issues.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Vanessa and Zara believe Nick is her dad from what I recall, I'm currently going with the unknown mum who created drama as being the Zane-y related character. As Vanessa's the eldest, if she was proof of him being cucked, there would likely be no Zara. Vanessa was pre the rift.

Which makes me ask Ocean (I know he's not here) - please don't cuck Nick at all. He already had enough from his ex. Having normal non-vomit worthy male figures with no dramas actually helps the sense of escapism from a world where 90% of men have dramas and their sons want to kill them. Please keep the fantasy of wholesomeness alive.
Yeah i agree, leave this guy in peace, he had a shitty wife, let him keep his daughters lol

Really, its rare when mature males in an avn are just a "generic" friendly and good guy and Nika could really need a dependable male figure in his life for some advice.

I liked how Nick talked with Nika while they had to leave their home because of the rodent infestation, he was attentive and realised that Nika struggled and tried to make Nika feel better in a friendly and well-meaning way.

And i feel like Nojiko deserves a happy and serious relationship with a cool guy, i guess its her first since she took Nika and Nami in.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Most seem to think Katarina or Leia is Vannesa and Zara's mother. But what about this girl who drove William home?

It's funny that no one has mentioned her so far.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, Donna's an interesting possibility.

In the WIAB, at least, her last name was Rivera - as in Zane-Petrova-Rivera (ZPR). I assume her surname will remain the same in the rework. There's a Rivera family member playing in one of the ZPR basketball teams. They've been mentioned in SG. We just haven't met them yet (at least as a known Rivera).

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
After playing the WIAB update, two other points stood out - Katie Zane's mannerisms and facial expressions are SO similar to Bella in SG, even though they are not even remotely related. Mila's new hairstyle in Ch 5 (parted down the middle), makes her look uncomfortably like Katrina from WIAB, even although they're not related.[/ISPOILER]
You know, yesterday I wrote in WiAB thread that it seems to me that WiAB's main characters are mimicking SG's main characters. Miru is mimicking Nami and William is mimicking Nika. I agree with you in comparing Katie and Bella.

The problem is that SG's main characters are teenagers, while WiAB main characters are adults.

Reactions: John972

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Most seem to think Katarina or Leia is Vannesa and Zara's mother. But what about this girl who drove William home?

It's funny that no one has mentioned her so far.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The girl who drove Willi home is Donna Revera - the R family in ZPR, she gives her name as Jessy to Dylan, but is identified as Donna by Katie. In the original she tried to seduce Willi, then towards the end of the original sequence, came to give Willi and Abigail info about Warden Harbour. How much of that remains true is unknown. I thought she was Donna from the first scene in Stefan's as she was kinda stalking in the original too. We know that the Revera is someone on the first team - we'd know if Nick had married a Revera I think.

Edit: I should just get used to the fact John972 is a faster typer than I am :sneaky:

And Nick/Zara/Vanessa's family name is Benz I think, not that it prevents any chances of breeding. I just don't think Willi can be Vanessa's father despite the heterochromia.

Last edited:

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
Vanessa and Zara believe Nick is her dad from what I recall
I'm not sure about Vannesa. I think she knows that Nick is not her father.

She asks Nami about Leia's earrings and at least in one episode she wears snake jewelry. The snake thing could be nothing, but it could also point to William and Leia.

So I suspect that either Vannesa's mother is really Leia and she's just copying her style. Or Vannesa's father is William, she knows him personally and he introduced her to Leia. Maybe Leia became her mentor or something.

I also liked Vannesa comment to Nika. That they don't share the same social circle. It could be nothing or it could be a foreshadowing that Nika eventually enter her social circle (Zanes). First it's Vannesa, then Katie, then who knows who else.
I just don't think Willi can be Vanessa's father despite the heterochromia.
Or this but Vannesa knows him and Leia.

Personally, I still hope she's Zane. I was convinced that Vannesa is Leia and William's daughter. I liked that idea. So when I saw this Donna, I was very upset. :cry:

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

She asks Nami about Leia's earrings and at least in one episode she wears snake jewelry. The snake thing could be nothing, but it could also point to William and Leia.

So I suspect that either Vannesa's mother is really Leia and she's just copying her style. Or Vannesa's father is William, she knows him personally and he introduced her to Leia. Maybe Leia became her mentor or something.

I also liked Vannesa comment to Nika. That they don't share the same social circle. It could be nothing or it could be a foreshadowing that Nika eventually enter her social circle (Zanes). First it's Vannesa, then Katie, then who knows who else.
At some point, if Willi gets Leia pregnant, then one potential solution is to hide it with a marriage of convenience. Or in fact for Leia to have had a marriage of convenience just to hide any shenanigans. I'm not ruling it out, but Vanessa would have to be at least his ex wife's daughter, and Zara is definitely his ex wife's daughter with Nick. They guy would be a saint to raise two girls that weren't his, and would probably let his ex wife take them... but I guess what we see is that he is exactly that kinda guy.

Reactions: hermit_tr

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
And Nick/Zara/Vanessa's family name is Benz I think, not that it prevents any chances of breeding. I just don't think Willi can be Vanessa's father despite the heterochromia.
I guess their mom is a Daimler. :sneaky:

Vanessa, bro, Vanessa.

Anyway, I'm just wondering why so many people aren't remarking the fact that Sasha asks Nami about her - their - earring and Ayua immediately stops her (and Sasha gets angry with Ayua).

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
At some point, if Willi gets Leia pregnant, then one potential solution is to hide it with a marriage of convenience. Or in fact for Leia to have had a marriage of convenience just to hide any shenanigans. I'm not ruling it out, but Vanessa would have to be at least his ex wife's daughter, and Zara is definitely his ex wife's daughter with Nick. They guy would be a saint to raise two girls that weren't his, and would probably let his ex wife take them... but I guess what we see is that he is exactly that kinda guy.
I just cant see Leia behaving like that at all (marriage of convenience), like not AT ALL. I think she would rather just own it and dont give a fuck, give the child up for adoption or abort it.

Shes just way too proud and strong for anything like that imo. And while i dont think that Vanessa is Leia's daughter, i still think she had some kind of influence on her and Vanessa (with her wieird strong women/weak men worldview) started to copy her style seeing her as some kind of role model.

And i think its somewhat reasonable to assume that Leia played the bigger part in establishing the Zane name at least when its about wealth compared to Willy. Shes just not the kind of woman who marrys someone for fake reasons imo.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018

Vanessa, bro, Vanessa.

Anyway, I'm just wondering why so many people aren't remarking the fact that Sasha asks Nami about her - their - earring and Ayua immediately stops her (and Sasha gets angry with Ayua).
My guess about Ayua stopping Sasha is that she doesn't want Sasha to let Nami know there's anything special about the earring. Ayua probably told Sasha what she knows after. I'm keen for the dojo training session with Ayua, as I suspect we'll find out some more interesting things, about Miru and Willi at very least, and I think Ayua will be asking questions that suggest certain ideas are in her mind.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
lol

I saw this discussed quite often already. Im not really sure if its a case of Ayua trying to stop Sasha from giving information to Nika/Nami or if its a case of Ocean cockblocking us (the reader) out of information.

But its seems to be a possibility, the bookclub events have proven that quite a few people seem to know something about Nika and Nami.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I just cant see Leia behaving like that at all (marriage of convenience), like not AT ALL. I think she would rather just own it and dont give a fuck, give the child up for adoption or abort it.

Shes just way too proud and strong for anything like that imo. And while i dont think that Vanessa is Leia's daughter, i still think she had some kind of influence on her and Vanessa (with her wieird strong women/weak men worldview) started to copy her style seeing her as some kind of role model.

And i think its somewhat reasonable to assume that Leia played the bigger part in establishing the Zane name at least when its about wealth compared to Willy. Shes just not the kind of woman who marrys someone for fake reasons imo.
I see her as ruthless enough to do whatever she needs to. She clearly does try to avoid undue attention, and is circumspect with her drugs and pimping, otherwise how can she walking into a police station and talk with Abigail? As a relative of someone who's currently in prison for a violent crime, she's certainly not flaunting her business openly, and she is very much playing cloak and dagger with Willi, hiding an awful lot of things. Pre rework, I'd agree with you. Leia in this version, I'm with Miru, I don't know her well enough yet, and she's actively sowing difficulties. So I can believe she'll do what she wants for her own goals, but she's not a bulldozer, but a viper.

Reactions: N1ghtcrawler

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
but she's not a bulldozer, but a viper.
I agree, yet if it would have been Leia, Vanessa and Zara would be living at her place if she intended so and she would have gotten at least half of Nick's wealth or, more likely, Leia would be a widow now and Nick dead.

This low-level pettyness and failed attempt of convincing the daughters imo speaks for their mother being a weak person, not Leia, she would have succeded in her evil plot one way or another.

Edit: And as it seems that Vanessa and Zara arent forgiving their mother for her behavior, i dont think Vanessa would wear jewellry like Leia or copy her demeanour as role model.

Last edited:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I agree, yet if it would have been Leia, Vanessa and Zara would be living at her place if she intended so and she would have gotten at least half of Nick's wealth or, more likely, Leia would be a widow now and Nick dead.

This low-level pettyness and failed attempt of convincing the daughters imo speaks for their mother being a weak person, not Leia, she would have succeded in her evil plot one way or another.
Nothing's to say that Nick's ex didn't get half his wealth.

Leia failed against Miru. She doesn't succeed in everything. But she also doesn't put her tail between her legs.

All I'm saying it's it's not beyond belief. We're just trying to anticipate Ocean's curve balls. Most likely, none of our theories are entirely true, except Willi being a manwhore that populated Wollust, so that Nika has somewhere to grow up. What a dad! (W)illi's (I)ncredibly (A)dventurous (B)onking was the working title I believe, before Ocean thought it needed something a little classier that didn't give as much away :sneaky:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Nothing's to say that Nick's ex didn't get half his wealth.

Leia failed against Miru. She doesn't succeed in everything. But she also doesn't put her tail between her legs.

All I'm saying it's it's not beyond belief.
I’m not saying she’s flawless, without weaknesses or unable to fail at something.

But you can’t really compare losing a fight against the worlds most awesome ninja-avn-girlfriend to Leia losing the custody of her and William‘s daughters to her convenience husband.

And neither her nor William doing anything about it for years despite being obviously still around.

That’s really beyond imagination for me. Also the women shown scolding young Zara doesn’t look anything like Leia. Her breasts looked super saggy and if Helen or Katie are any indication it seems like the Zane‘s have good genes lol

Edit: My thought was of his ex would have gotten half his wealth, she would have gotten custody too but was exposed by her daughters

Reactions: gyshia915

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I went back and looked - you're right about Kat's eyes - in my defense, most of the time her face is unlit when she's indoors, and they look brown to me. There is one scene at the farm where they are definitely blue though, so well spotted!
Yeah, I can't believe I took some time to go back through both games and roughly grade character eye colour against a
Martin–Schultz scale... (for want of a better reference point) :cry: But, since someone mentioned eye colour as potentially central to certain plot points, I thought it interesting to test such a hypothesis.

Some characters were really hard to grade because there ain't many well-lit renders clearly showing their eye colour. Katarina was one of these.

Ocean gave most of the characters blue eyes of which a couple have really light blue eyes or dark blue eyes (i.e. Katarina).
Thus, the hazel/yellow eyes of the Zanes and Von Halens (two unrelated families) really stand out. So (very subjectively)...

Blue (some may be blue-gray):

(WIAB) Daphne, Dani's brunette friend, Katie, Scarlett, Monica, Zoey, Dana, Donna, Katarina, Stefan, and William (1.5 eyes). (SG) Maja, Nadia, Summer, Elsa, Sasha, Nami, Ayua, Kelly, Vanessa (one eye), Mario (I think), and Coach Coates (allegedly Damien's mother). Also, the Twins... (with one also having a hint of brown).

Brown or Hazel:

(WIAB) Gina and Dani. (SG) Robin, Mila, Damien, Nick, Zara, and Vanessa (one eye).

Hazel/Yellow:
(WIAB) Dylan, Leia, and William (0.5 eye). (SG) Nika (the MC), Victoria (sometimes partly bluish as well, dpends what chapter), Amber, Bella, Claire.

Gray:
(WIAB) Helen and Miru. (SG) Nojiko and Adrianna.

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I’m not saying she’s flawless, without weaknesses or unable to fail at something.

But you can’t really compare losing a fight against the worlds most awesome ninja-avn-girlfriend to Leia losing the custody of her and William‘s daughters to her convenience husband.

And neither her nor William doing anything about it for years despite being obviously still around.

That’s really beyond imagination for me. Also the women shown scolding young Zara doesn’t look anything like Leia. Her breasts looked super saggy and if Helen or Katie are any indication it seems like the Zane‘s have good genes lol

Edit: My thought was of his ex would have gotten half his wealth, she would have gotten custody too but was exposed by her daughters
Zara's mother doesn't look like Katarina either, unless she lost some weight...

John972

Apr 24, 2018
You know, yesterday I wrote in WiAB thread that it seems to me that WiAB's main characters are mimicking SG's main characters. Miru is mimicking Nami and William is mimicking Nika. I agree with you in comparing Katie and Bella.

The problem is that SG's main characters are teenagers, while WiAB main characters are adults.
So far, some of WIABs main characters are adults who still think they're teenagers... :)

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Yeah I think Zara‘s mother is neither Leia nor Kat or any other Zane. it was someone else who had this theory with Kat
All good, I'm just throwing theories around to see what sticks, and this one didn't. But the principle of a character changing in 20 odd years is not revolutionary, especially when there's a whole bunch of implied drama. The last three years haven't been kind to my family and I can see the results in us, so 20 odd years of establishing some form of cartel might leave people looking very different. Emilio's a great example of this.

All of us are noticing different things, and with each other playing devil's advocate we might be able to throw away some dead ends, or we might find other openings. I think few games have made me wonder what will happen next like thes two in any regards.

Vanessa's heterochromia might be as a result of (relatively) benign disease instead of inherited, and it's a red herring to wonder who her parents are.

4.30 star(s) 505 Votes