hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
Until now, she was just a nameless character, right? :unsure:
l.jpg
I hope she has a role in the storyline because Ocean made a special semantic rendering for her. Or Ocean is just pranking us.:cautious:

-------------------------------:oops:

Oh no, is she Charlie?:unsure:
charlie2.jpg

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
What I was getting at is that Summer's parent's told Nika to his face that he was shit, which I've copied from the script - so Nika knows what Summer's parent's looked like (or who he was introduced to as Summer's parents)
I could be wrong,but as far as i remember,that Nika mentioned only one parent,not in plural.
Until now, she was just a nameless character, right? :unsure:
View attachment 3376795
I hope she has a role in the storyline because Ocean made a special semantic rendering for her. Or Ocean is just pranking us.:cautious:
What's interesting is that in the reworked version we can still see woman with dark hair in the cafe scene.Only this time she just passes by and is hard to notice her.

Reactions: hermit_tr

White cat6

Jan 21, 2024
What I was getting at is that Summer's parent's told Nika to his face that he was shit, which I've copied from the script - so Nika knows what Summer's parent's looked like (or who he was introduced to as Summer's parents), regardless of who Summer thinks her parents are. So for a timeline of looking after Summer, do we have:

A1) the parents Nika met (Monica?), followed by
A2) Katie and then
A3) Elena

or do we have:

B1) Katie, who told Nika he was shit, then
B2) Elena

If it was B, why is Katie interested in Nika now, and why didn't Nika freak out when meeting Katie at the book club, knowing her as Summer's mum? If A, then Elsa's mum can't be Leia, as it would be Monica's sister or sister in law that is Elsa's mum.

If you look at the links I posted though, Nadia has the same design in the final season 1 rework, it's not an exclusive thing, same with Nami's gymwear. There is nothing that identifies Sasha's gymwear as a handmade item, or from the first collection. I think Vic also has the same asset in a black in the rework, although the preview image was only neck up, so it might not be the full gymwear, but the same style as a top (obviously, because it makes no sense for he to be doing the same sort of gym classes).
You did not understand me. When I say that Summer-Sasha is Nami's sister, I mean that she is Niki's twin. And this is a major reference to WIAB because SG gets its own pair of twins with the same trait as Willie and Leah. Namely, with a strong sexual attachment to each other.

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
What's interesting is that in the reworked version we can still see woman with dark hair in the cafe scene.Only this time she just passes by and is hard to notice her.
yes, it's still in ch 5 beta, but I don't know whether that scene appears because I use the music mod or not.
the difference is, the scene is cut without showing the rendering of Vic and Mila.
m.jpg

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I could be wrong,but as far as i remember,that Nika mentioned only one parent,not in plural.

I'll copy the quote from the script I mentioned earlier - this is from walking with Vic, maybe it happens with Mila too I don't know:

d "Normal is what made Summer's parents resent me."
scene ae850 with dssa
v "Don't take it personally."
scene ae849 with dssa
d "They told me to my face that I was nothing but shit."

The scene from the flashback in Relucia was about Elsa's mum's comments (about being trailer trash).

You did not understand me. When I say that Summer-Sasha is Nami's sister, I mean that she is Niki's twin. And this is a major reference to WIAB because SG gets its own pair of twins with the same trait as Willie and Leah. Namely, with a strong sexual attachment to each other.
I have considered that angle, and I don't discount it, but even still, my point still applies - was it situation A or B? If A according to your theory, Nika's own mum called him shit. If B, Katie called Nika shit, and Nika remembered who Summer's parents were, and would recognise Katie if he's seen her then.

Reactions: John972

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
For those of you who can dissect code, I would like to ask.
What values/choices can influence the appearance of evil Nami or puppy Nami ? :unsure:
Nami 2.jpg
Nami 3.jpg

hermit_tr

Jan 20, 2022
If I remember correctly, it depends on whether you kissed Nami or not at the end of CH4x5.
She becomes jealous af if you did.
Yes you're right.(y)
After using ctrl:
If you kiss Nami, Nami puppy will appear. If you don't kiss Nami (the bottom choice (I didn't choose the middle one)), then the evil Nami will appear. :geek:

• Haha
Reactions: yossa999

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Is there an updated android port
Made a compressed Android port of Summer's Gone Chapter 5 Beta with Scrappy's walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the ports and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link: Pixeldrain -

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020

Hello,

I'm currently sitting at almost 1500 renders. I thought I could've skipped most of the Mila renders in Chapter 3.5 but well... No.

So I did most of them. I didn't touch the renders in the changing room nor did I touch the ones during the basketball game.

The rework, especially this last part now has been draining me mentally like crazy. That's why I will leave the changing room renders etc. like they are.

I need to move on from the rework for my sanity.

Chapter 2 & Chapter 3 are done and there are only some CH3x5 Mila renders in the queue.

As soon as I can ship the game to Steam to get it completely approved and stuff, I will make a log where I'll note down everything I've changed.

I took yesterday off, not just from developing but from screens in general. That's why this bibi log came out today.

I did put WIAB on a 2-3 week hold to finish up SG Season 1.

I talked about a irl friend in the past who wanted to do my postwork... Well, he's traveling through South America now, and so all the postwork goes to me.

I've already started the postwork & continued to work on the new intro, too.

If the new intro doesn't finish before I'm done with everything, I'm going to release without it. I would then upload it as soon as it's done.

I learned to handle these release weeks quite well in the past. They lasted usually for about a month (Before the reworks parts), but these "Release weeks" have been going on since September.

And it's taking its toll on me.

It's my fault. I should've never given an estimate. And there won't be any more estimates in the future.
NiaCH3x5.png

Anyway, another ~ 1500 renders for Season 1.

Now it's mostly just postwork & continuing the translation.

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018

Hello,

I'm currently sitting at almost 1500 renders. I thought I could've skipped most of the Mila renders in Chapter 3.5 but well... No.

So I did most of them. I didn't touch the renders in the changing room nor did I touch the ones during the basketball game.

The rework, especially this last part now has been draining me mentally like crazy. That's why I will leave the changing room renders etc. like they are.

Chapter 2 & Chapter 3 are done and there are only some CH3x5 Mila renders in the queue.

As soon as I can ship the game to Steam to get it completely approved and stuff, I will make a log where I'll note down everything I've changed.

I took yesterday off, not just from developing but from screens in general. That's why this bibi log came out today.

I did put WIAB on a 2-3 week hold to finish up SG Season 1.

I talked about a irl friend in the past who wanted to do my postwork... Well, he's traveling through South America now, and so all the postwork goes to me.

I've already started the postwork & continued to work on the new intro, too.

If the new intro doesn't finish before I'm done with everything, I'm going to release without it. I would then upload it as soon as it's done.

I learned to handle these release weeks quite well in the past. They lasted usually for about a month (Before the reworks parts), but these "Release weeks" have been going on since September.

It's my fault. I should've never given an estimate. And there won't be any more estimates in the future.
View attachment 3378912

Anyway, another ~ 1500 renders for Season 1.

Now it's mostly just postwork & continuing the translation.
I definitely wish Ocean the best with managing his mental health and can't wait to purchase Season 1 on Steam - I think it's gonna be a cracker of a game.

Reworking chapters 1 to 3 was always going to be a big task (i.e. to bring those chapter renders up to the Ch 4+ quality). However, the mental fallout from the Mila changes was self-inflicted. I am not saying Ocean was wrong to make the change, only that any interested observer could clearly see what a big task it would be to make Mila's appearance relatively consistent across chapters 1 to 5, once the changes were set in stone (i.e. the amount of work needed to replace renders in Chs 2 to 3.5).

To be honest, I would be happy for Ocean to take a break after the Steam release. I'd much rather have him chugging out updates feeling fresh and motivated than to see him stress and burn out.

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
The rework, especially this last part now has been draining me mentally like crazy.

I took yesterday off, not just from developing but from screens in general.

It's my fault.
AVNs be fucking up Devs like crazy.

If you never did a rework, you would have been fine, maybe.

Sounds like you're getting tired of working on these games.

I wouldn't call that person "a friend" dude dipped on your ass.

Oh, I can already see that.

Indeed it is.

4.30 star(s) 506 Votes